Decided i should be furloughed

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Decided i should be furloughed

Postby flyfishz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:44 am

In so much as i am not really working because i am distracted by planning duck hunting this Saturday... i have decided i should be furloughed and sent to the club now to make sure everything is set to go. Yep that is the plan...
flyfishz
hunter

Re: Decided i should be furloughed

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 pm

flyfishz wrote:In so much as i am not really working because i am distracted by planning duck hunting this Saturday... i have decided i should be furloughed and sent to the club now to make sure everything is set to go. Yep that is the plan...

Right there with ya. Told the boss see you next week. Out to the club to throw out a few more bags of specks.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:37 pm

I was furloughed... Well sort of. My annual leave is coded as furlough so I won't be paid for it. So I spent 6 of the days hunting. You're on the right track if you can afford the gas with no paycheck
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Tyrtruion wrote:I was furloughed... Well sort of. My annual leave is coded as furlough so I won't be paid for it. So I spent 6 of the days hunting. You're on the right track if you can afford the gas with no paycheck

I live in the sink. Take me 10 min to get to multiple of my favorite refuges along with the fact the my duck club is 12 mi from my front door. :thumbsup:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
Tyrtruion wrote:I was furloughed... Well sort of. My annual leave is coded as furlough so I won't be paid for it. So I spent 6 of the days hunting. You're on the right track if you can afford the gas with no paycheck

I live in the sink. Take me 10 min to get to multiple of my favorite refuges along with the fact the my duck club is 12 mi from my front door. :thumbsup:

So I guess the other 8 months your not so lucky when you need to go to "town". :lol3:
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:37 pm

friedcoot wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:

So I guess the other 8 months your not so lucky when you need to go to "town". :lol3:

I would rather drive 10 min into town than have to deal with the scum bags that live in town.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
friedcoot wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:

I would rather drive 10 min into town than have to deal with the scum bags that live in town.

:beer:
JD

And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...

CWA Member
CWA Youth Hunt Volunteer
DU Member
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:46 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
friedcoot wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:

You have scum bags 10 minutes from the sink? What town is that? Glenn? does it even have a post office?
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 am

friedcoot wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
friedcoot wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:

You have scum bags 10 minutes from the sink? What town is that? Glenn? does it even have a post office?

I live on the north end of it.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Sounds like the "scumbags" in the sink found your spread. Now that sucks in more ways than one.
friedcoot
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting