Waterfowl hunting near Los Angeles county

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Waterfowl hunting near Los Angeles county

Postby BiggSean » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 am

Hey guys, new to the site and I had some questions for the experts on here.

Do you know of any good public land spots where you can hunt waterfowl? I live near Santa Clarita, so something reasonably close to me would be great. I have a well-equipped 4x4, so I can get where most others cant.

Secondly, there is a pond on the east side of the 5 freeway, across from Pyramid Lake. Those that are familiar with the area will know what i'm talking about. Is this pond legal to hunt?

Thanks in advance for the help!!
BiggSean
Newb

Re: Waterfowl hunting near Los Angeles county

Postby AJCsurf » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 am

AJCsurf
hunter

Postby BiggSean » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for the links. I have looked there previously and didn't really find much, aside from the refuge in Kern county.

I guess what I'm looking for are lesser known areas that are located on public land, somewhat closer to Los Angeles County.
BiggSean
Newb

Postby AJCsurf » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 am

BiggSean wrote:Thanks for the links. I have looked there previously and didn't really find much, aside from the refuge in Kern county.

I guess what I'm looking for are lesser known areas that are located on public land, somewhat closer to Los Angeles County.

:lol3: you and the rest of LA. If there is one, they sure as heck won't post it up on here. You may get lucky with a PM. Wish I could help.
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby BiggSean » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:20 am

AJCsurf wrote:
BiggSean wrote:Thanks for the links. I have looked there previously and didn't really find much, aside from the refuge in Kern county.

:lol3: you and the rest of LA. If there is one, they sure as heck won't post it up on here. You may get lucky with a PM. Wish I could help.

That's what I figured. And that's why I asked about the specific pond located east of Pyramid lake. Hoping I find someone that is willing to share their secrets. haha
BiggSean
Newb

Postby Tahoefowler » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:38 pm

How about put the effort out find your own spots you will feel much better about doing it on your own
Tahoefowler
hunter

Postby deltahunter » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Unfortunately this is what "finding your own spot" has become these days. Why get out and look around when you can do the same thing from the comfort of your own home. Burn less gas and save some time as well. I seriously doubt the pond your talking about would be legal to shoot. If it was and you can see it from the freeway there'd be 50 guys there every day.
deltahunter
hunter

Postby Honda181 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:51 am

I've seen way to many areas run in and destroyed by la commandos. Those people act like everything is owed to them for the most part. About your pond try buying a blm map or other public use map. find out the name of the lake and Google it. Or find a game warden and ask him. Good luck and for God sake stay out of kern
Honda181
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting