Halloween Memories

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Halloween Memories

Postby friedcoot » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I remember back in the days of sweat lines before lotteries and jr. blinds rolling in to Los Banos refuge on a friday halloween eve. My brother and I were 8 and 9 (1st season hunters) My dad had us bring our costumes and we knocked on trailers, trucks, and cars in the parking lot. Best halloween ever ! Scored shells, bug spray, candy, cash, soda, even some fresh eggs. Wonder if that still happens?
friedcoot
hunter

Re: Halloween Memories

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 pm

This is awesome... These are the kinda things I want my son to remember. Thanks for sharing Fried.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:21 am

HAHA ! But move over kid , the guy dressed-up like a Refuge Duck Hunter in all that New Stuff , blowing his calls ( in line )
is the one with the Holloweenie get-up , the night before THE SHOOT !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

I remember one Halloween eve back in the early 80's when my Dad and I were in the sweat line at Kesterson. Some of the guys in campers there gave me some candy because they felt sorry for me that I was in a parking lot that night vs. going out trick or treating. Little did they know I was right where I wanted to be. I still remember several guys having carved pumpkins sitting outside their campers lit up in the evening darkness. I also remember the hunt that next day was very good. Extremely slow and we only shot a couple of birds.

Kevin
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Guys showed up in Duck Commander costumes at my house last night.

I want to get one and then go hunt at Little Dry Creek. I'm sure it will buy me the credibility that I so desperately want. :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting