How many blinds are @ yolo????

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

How many blinds are @ yolo????

Postby duxnbass » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Its been about 10 years since I hunted there and I don't quite remember how many blinds there are? Trying to find a map of them but can not seem to find one of the numbered blinds......
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Re: How many blinds are @ yolo????

Postby bowman13 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:47 pm

There are 16 blinds spread out over 4 ponds
"Ducks are like women; they are all good, just some are better than others."-Best 8:00am duck blind quote I have ever heard.
bowman13
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 pm

As with some refuges, and especially Yolo, the shooting, with good results, really picks up in the later part of the season.
I'm not saying; Don't go, because some serious recon will serve you well later in the season and for years to come.
In my long hunting history, I've hunted several areas before they even became state or federal refuges and based on my previous experiences in those conversions, I have a feeling Yolo can/could/will become a world-class destination in the years to come.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 am

It's all about habitat. Heck, ANY of our refuges could be a world class destination.

Are they? No.

Why?

That's a tale of money and influence... And most of us have neither.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 pm

#4Buckshot wrote:As with some refuges, and especially Yolo, the shooting, with good results, really picks up in the later part of the season.
I'm not saying; Don't go, because some serious recon will serve you well later in the season and for years to come.
In my long hunting history, I've hunted several areas before they even became state or federal refuges and based on my previous experiences in those conversions, I have a feeling Yolo can/could/will become a world-class destination in the years to come.

I used to hunt Yolo quite a bit back when it first opened all the way up to the point where there were 400+ names on the lottery list, I have had good and bad days both blinds and free roam but I have been off the refuges for about 7 years and belonged to a club, I haven't forgotten everything but it is a little fuzzy after that long of a break. I finally drew this year 16th and the 17th @ Yolo and was hoping to get a blind at least one day and its November so any birds in the bag will be appreciated I'm prepared for a slow day if that's what it works out to be.
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Hopefully yolo pics up by then.. I was there last weekend and it sucked goat scrote.

I left my 4-5 bird average neck of the woods to stare at ghetto downtown sac all morning without firing my gun. :fingerhead:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Return to California Duck Hunting