Wednesday 1/19?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Wednesday 1/19?

Postby GGC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:27 pm

How did everyone do today?

My N. Grasslands area club shot well, but I drew a slow blind... got six, 3 GW Teal and 2 Cin Teal and a Gadwall by 9am, took me another hour to get 1 more GW Teal... all in all a good shoot however.
GGC
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:10 am

Anything is better than nothing. :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby stalns » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:13 am

Shot Blind 5 at Los Banos with tstrong. Overall it was probably a slow day. I shot 1-mallard, 4-gadwall, 2-teal. I stayed out there until 3:00 and left tstrong to hold the fort. The teal never really showed up. I tripled on the gaddies. :mrgreen: My last bird was a banded gaddie. There wasn't a lot of shooting going on on the refuge.

P.S. tstrong showed me how to properly wring a ducks neck. :toofunny:
stalns
hunter

Postby tstrong » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:32 pm

When Stalns left with his mojo duck the place turned into a ghost town. I did get one more duck honest! The birds were working the blind just south of us. The last flock were canvass backs that they managed to drop. Have you gotten any info on the Band yet? I could sit in the marsh and watch ducks fly all day. Then again the safest place for a duck around me is in my sites. :laughing:
tstrong
hunter

Banded Bird

Postby stalns » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:06 pm

I just got off the USGS website to report the band. They don't give any info right off. Will keep you posted.
stalns
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting