Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby kevyg408 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:52 pm

I always forget which counties or areas apply to which refuges. Is Sacramento NWR considered in Colusa or Sacramento? Is the entire complex in Colusa? Forgive the ignorance...
User avatar
kevyg408
hunter
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:05 pm
Location: Rohnert Park/Campbell


Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby quack-attack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm

The shoot times listed are approximate...use your smart phone or computer and find actual sunrise for the specific area you are in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quack-attack
hunter
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: chico

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby bugman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 pm

The start and end of shoot time will be posted at the check station. Set your watch to their clock.
bugman
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby WoodDuck21 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Yes. Sac refuge falls under "Colusa" shoot time. As mentioned they are approximations.
WoodDuck21
hunter
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby Tyrtruion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Or just be that guy that fires the first shot to get everyone else started
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:26 am
Location: Reno, Nv.

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby quack-attack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 pm

For sac and delevan i look up maxwell sunrise. For howard or llano i look up butte city. Gray lodge I would use gridley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quack-attack
hunter
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: chico

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby kevyg408 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Tyrtruion wrote:Or just be that guy that fires the first shot to get everyone else started


Haha I'm never than guy. Mostly because I'm never lucky enough to have some ducks sitting in my pond waiting for shoot time. I usually set my watch like you guys said. I just wanted some reference so I know roughly what 2 1/2 hours before shoot time should be.
User avatar
kevyg408
hunter
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:05 pm
Location: Rohnert Park/Campbell

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 pm

kevyg408 wrote:
Tyrtruion wrote:Or just be that guy that fires the first shot to get everyone else started


Haha I'm never than guy. Mostly because I'm never lucky enough to have some ducks sitting in my pond waiting for shoot time. I usually set my watch like you guys said. I just wanted some reference so I know roughly what 2 1/2 hours before shoot time should be.



LOL I always try to imagine the guys excitement level that takes the 10 minute prior shot. " Geez-us Bob Sue... Woodies... TAK'EM!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby Fowl4Life44 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:20 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
kevyg408 wrote:
Tyrtruion wrote:Or just be that guy that fires the first shot to get everyone else started


Haha I'm never than guy. Mostly because I'm never lucky enough to have some ducks sitting in my pond waiting for shoot time. I usually set my watch like you guys said. I just wanted some reference so I know roughly what 2 1/2 hours before shoot time should be.



LOL I always try to imagine the guys excitement level that takes the 10 minute prior shot. " Geez-us Bob Sue... Woodies... TAK'EM!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


Wanapasaki you had me rollin with that one!!! :lol3: :clapping:
"I shoot Browning's new Black n' Decker Pecker Wrecker!"
User avatar
Fowl4Life44
hunter
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm
Location: Where the wild things are

Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby bill in san jose » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 pm

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow a duck is watching you.
User avatar
bill in san jose
hunter
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:22 pm
Location: San Jose, CA USA

Re: Stupid Question On Shoot Times

Postby das mudhen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:37 am

Don't be the first, and don't be the last....

das mudhen
"Lighten up Francis"

Sgt. Hulka
das mudhen
hunter
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: NorCal


Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wjarrell and 24 guests