Who shot grizzly?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Who shot grizzly?

Postby Silverwidgeon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:25 pm

How r the pheasant numbers?
"At times like these it's best to remember that there have always been times like these."
Silverwidgeon
hunter

Re: Who shot grizzly?

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:37 pm

They are incredible. I saw hundreds of hunters with thousands of birds. :thumbsup:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Jim Dandy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Less than 30 birds for over 200 hunters.

Dandy
Jim Dandy
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 am

The birds didn't go over the limit.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:53 am

are you drinking tonight slow? :lol3:
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:58 am

Too much iced tea. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:48 am

slowshooter wrote:Too much iced tea. :lol3:

Did you drive it through Long Island?
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Shooting wide » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Well, I was at Grizzly. I would not go so far as to say I shot Grizzly. That would imply there was something to shoot at.
Shooting wide
hunter

Postby WildernessWill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

I shot the Grizz on Saturday with my brother. Highlight of the day was two specks come flying high. The guys sky bust when they are at 150 yards. The geese were so high that they didn't even know they were being shot at! My bro hits the speck call and they drop altitude halfway. When they were directly above him he puts a Black Cloud BB in the lead birds neck at 75 yards. That thing dropped from the sky like a gift from heaven.
We went for roosters in the afternoon and got three. I was limited with soaking wet hiking boots and my bro screwed up on three flushes after. Good times but we were there dusk till dawn.
There are always birds to be had but the question is, are you willing to work for them?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
WildernessWill
hunter

Postby Wooduckschmuck » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Nice day!
Wooduckschmuck
hunter

Postby Dukslayer26 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:27 pm

WildernessWill wrote:I shot the Grizz on Saturday with my brother. Highlight of the day was two specks come flying high. The guys sky bust when they are at 150 yards. The geese were so high that they didn't even know they were being shot at! My bro hits the speck call and they drop altitude halfway. When they were directly above him he puts a Black Cloud BB in the lead birds neck at 75 yards. That thing dropped from the sky like a gift from heaven.
We went for roosters in the afternoon and got three. I was limited with soaking wet hiking boots and my bro screwed up on three flushes after. Good times but we were there dusk till dawn.
There are always birds to be had but the question is, are you willing to work for them?Image

Looks like a fun day. If you shot 3 roosters on sat you killed one to many. Only allowed 2 on opening weekend per day then starting the first mon you can shoot 3 :huh:
I hunt cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!
Dukslayer26
hunter

Postby WildernessWill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 pm

We went for roosters and got three. This implies the plural and not singular. Thanks for your concern citizen. I'm sure when you hunt with a buddy you guys stop at 7 ducks because you are limited...right?

WildernessWill
hunter

Postby Dukslayer26 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Only reason I said that was cause you said "we went for pheasants and got 3. I was limited and my bro screwed up on three flushes" :huh:
I hunt cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!
Dukslayer26
hunter

Postby WildernessWill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

IF I had said I got three roosters and was limited I could see the confusion. However this was not the case. It seems like every time you post a pic of a good hunt there is always a hater that wants to somehow find fault. Thank God we have wardens to enforce the regulations and not a$$hats behind computer screens.

WildernessWill
hunter

Postby Rem887 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:02 pm

WildernessWill wrote:I shot the Grizz on Saturday with my brother. Highlight of the day was two specks come flying high. The guys sky bust when they are at 150 yards. The geese were so high that they didn't even know they were being shot at! My bro hits the speck call and they drop altitude halfway. When they were directly above him he puts a Black Cloud BB in the lead birds neck at 75 yards. That thing dropped from the sky like a gift from heaven.

Hey there! Im the guy that was set up directly across from you sat morning, (not the skybusters) and i must say you two put on a good show, thanks for helpin us out a couple times with crippled birds also (even if they were just spoons)
Rem887
hunter

Postby WildernessWill » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Hey Rem!
We really appreciated you guys letting them sprig work. And it was awesome when you guys smashed 5 spoonies outta that flock at the end. No worries on the help with the retrieves, ole' Leroy lives for it. Sucks he couldn't get that one that dove. He looked like a bear chasing a salmon out there. Good times out there, happy hunting!

WildernessWill
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 am

WildernessWill wrote:Hey Rem!
We really appreciated you guys letting them sprig work. And it was awesome when you guys smashed 5 spoonies outta that flock at the end. No worries on the help with the retrieves, ole' Leroy lives for it. Sucks he couldn't get that one that dove. He looked like a bear chasing a salmon out there. Good times out there, happy hunting!

You guys make me happy. Seriously. I wish everyone out there was willing to let the story you guys let play out happen... Every damn day!

For you good sirs! :beer:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:38 am

slowshooter wrote:
WildernessWill wrote:Hey Rem!

You guys make me happy. Seriously. I wish everyone out there was willing to let the story you guys let play out happen... Every damn day!

For you good sirs! :beer:

:beer: That's what it's all about. Cooperative hunts, are always fun to play out
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting