Dinner

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Dinner

Postby Tyrtruion » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:41 pm

So I got my dog last Christmas... She turned 1 oct 21 and is having a blast bring me dead birds (and when I miss, spent hulls and a wad now and then :huh: )

I bought some pheasants (36) to help train her in April... (3 survived the riot) And today we went and I planted 1... The goal is to have actually hunted around and work back to it but nope... She B-lines to it and flushed her first pheasant about 35 yards from me.

I know it's a canned hunt but she doesn't...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Re: Dinner

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:29 pm

I got Owen around the same time. Wasted a lot of money on a professional trainer. I took him opening day, and he retrieved alot of decoys :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:08 pm

You named your dog after me... How sweet. I've done all the training myself... Lucky enough to have had some quail get hit by a car while I was walking her so I had "real" scent... As for the deeks... Arya only try's to bring them back while I'm setting up tossing them... She sniffs them a lot but knows the difference
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Yeah unfortunately I have been traveling for the last 6 months and him being about a year, he's definitely missed alot of training. I only take him to the refuges, where it is easy to get him to and from the blind lol
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting