Saturday

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Saturday

Postby Tyrtruion » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 pm

I got a decent resi at gray lodge for the 16th and nobody to go with. If anyone wants in I'm down for having a partner to shoot ring necks with. If you have a junior or 2 then you get bonus points.
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Re: Saturday

Postby darkwater27 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:52 pm

you must be the new king of Gray Lodge, with all those Ressies......
darkwater27
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:54 pm

It's the only place I've ever drawn... Zilch for colusa, yolo, sac, del, griz, LCD... But 4 in a row at ring neck lodge
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby ericwjennings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Judging by what I saw last Saturday even the ringnecks are getting thinned out. I got a couple ducks and a couple specks out of sheer luck, but even my tried and true ring necks spots had few birds flying, even in the afternoon. I'll be there Saturday anyway, with the blind faith that I stumble into some birds at a new spot I saw the other day that had a fair number of birds working it and no evidence that anyone had been hunting it, I.e. no trash, water bottles, empty shells floating, and no stomped down tules. Best of luck on Saturday.
I'm an old snipe hunter from waaay back...
ericwjennings
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting