Reminder,California duck hunting for next season Nor&So

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Reminder,California duck hunting for next season Nor&So

Postby PinTeal » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:14 pm

Just a reminder to anyone I may have talked to in the past about these duck clubs. I have not had the internet for about a month and will be getting it again this month (moved into a new apartment).

In any case, if you are interested in a blind, or a seat, for rice field hunting near sutter's refuge email me, post here and/or PM me.

Also, my father is a member of a club down south where he hunts flooded timber in Corona if you are from that area and interested.

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Postby tstrong » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:35 pm

Hey Jeff, what shotgun did you finally end up with? Last I heard you were looking for a 3" - 3-1/2" auto?
tstrong
hunter

Postby PinTeal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:49 pm

Tstrong,
I just ended up shooting a 20 gauge 3" over under. 2 shells really sucks, but since I am now a leftie, I had to do what I had to do. For ducks, that is all you really need--depending on whether you let the birds work or not. The only reason I was looking for the auto 3.5" was for goose hunting up here.

I did go goose hunting last weekend and shot a mossberg pump 3.5" right handed gun (shot it left handed) and it was okay...but far from good. On Saturday's hunt me and my buddy shot 12 ducks and 4 specks--the specks I shot with the 12 gauge 3.5, the ducks with a 3" 20.

This summer I will be accumulating hundreds of rags for snows and decoys up here, so I am not sure if I will have the funds on a student budget to afford a shot gun or not.

Anyhoo, thanks for remembering me ;) I have not had the internet for a while since I moved apartments (getting it this week...maybe tomorrow) so I will be around once again =)

Jeff Given
PinTeal
State Moderator

Return to California Duck Hunting