just saying

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

just saying

Postby rm85 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 am

90%'of wat i read on hear is bs alot of u guys dnt know the real meaning of duck hunting all u care about is killing ducks! How many of u actually pass up on shot at ducks or geese jst to watch them work decoys? Nt that many i can asure u. Thats the real beauty of duck hunting watching birds respond to ur calls an decoys. an the guys that like to go out day after day an limit out shame on u an actually it against the law! Ever heard of a posetion limit ur posers! Learn the real beauty behind the sport
rm85
hunter

Re: just saying

Postby yellowlabhunter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:00 am

Hey there...there are some genuine persons..men and boys who are sportsmen and considerate hunters on this site. Many who value the birds with their wings locked and 15 yards off the deck. Then there some of the others here that don't care about conservation and only care about pure numbers. I would like to think there is few of the later? So just be careful not to lump all/most into a category as you are. There is room for many here...some may get their their feelings hurt from time to time....but for the most part there are some true sportsmans. Be well.

Dave
yellowlabhunter
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

I've never shot a limit of ducks. But I still go out day after day after day... Love the time in the mud with my pup.
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 am

Ignorance knows no bounds...when it comes to opinions or to the ability to write a coherent sentence

Just saying... :oops:
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 am

RM

Maybe you should have stayed in school a little longer and gotten that GED...... Just saying.....I'm sure you are just one of those guys who loves to create threads like this and really have no intention but to create havoc....

To be honest with you I personally watch lots and lots of ducks work and fly by day after day... I also shoot many ducks day after day and no I am never over the possession limit either......There have been hundreds of guys like you in these chat rooms and the best thing is that most of them come and go like dried up dog crap blowing in the wind...

The real question is what is your point for your rant other then to accomplish what exactly? Did it make you feel better? Does it make you feel important? Do you like or need the attention? Just saying??

Yes I am off to watch ducks and yes I will shoot a few too after all that is why you go huntning isn't it???
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby fullpattern » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am

I think your on the wrong blog. You might be looking for iritated bird watcher while holding a shotgun forum. I think i can help. Since you rather watch birds here is something else for your watching enjoyment :moon:
"If you call they will come" 2013-14 birds. days in field 26
50 grn wings 19 spoon 11 mal 6 rings 5 gad 3 wig 3 sprig
3 cin 4 cans 1 scaup 3 specks 1 Ross 1 snow
fullpattern
hunter

Postby chinogoose » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 am

yellowdog53 wrote:RM

Maybe you should have stayed in school a little longer and gotten that GED...... Just saying.....I'm sure you are just one of those guys who loves to create threads like this and really have no intention but to create havoc....

To be honest with you I personally watch lots and lots of ducks work and fly by day after day... I also shoot many ducks day after day and no I am never over the possession limit either......There have been hundreds of guys like you in these chat rooms and the best thing is that most of them come and go like dried up dog crap blowing in the wind...

The real question is what is your point for your rant other then to accomplish what exactly? Did it make you feel better? Does it make you feel important? Do you like or need the attention? Just saying??

Yes I am off to watch ducks and yes I will shoot a few too after all that is why you go huntning isn't it???

Well said Yellow :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
chinogoose
hunter

Postby AJCsurf » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:42 am

My brain hurts just trying to read what you typed.

I don't know whats worse, the fact that you came on here and starting blabbing about how good the delta is or this post.

I agree with Yeller.... We need to have a GED or equivalent screening process in order to activate user names on here.

I would love to hear what you think duck hunting is. Is it logging on to a chat site, spot burning, and then calling everyone out?

Good thing I
pass up on shot at ducks or geese
or I guess I wasn't duck hunting. :no:

Epic troll by way, at least SBAG was funny sometimes....
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby fish dog » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:43 am

From this thread....
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=338658&p=3301266#p3301266

rm85 wrote:Ya Wednesday i gt 6 drakes an,the honkers r every w
Code: Select all
[code] I[/code]
ere

Well...I think, if I'm reading this right (which is quite a challenge BTW) he almost got a limit on the day he's referring to here.

I guess there wasn't "real beauty behind the sport" on that day?
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby fish dog » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:49 am

BTW - he's lucky he gets to hunt an area where he can let a few birds pass (if you believe his post). So far this season I haven't even seen a full limit of birds total within 500 yards of my gun. (Stuck hunting So. Calif. and due to work only able to refill for the afternoon) But I still go and give it a try. Maybe I know more about the "real beauty"?
fish dog
hunter

Postby darkwater27 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:06 am

This RM guys is just one of those internet bullies I keep hearing about on the news..........When he starts typing in CAPS, I'm going straight to the moderators! :thumbsup:
darkwater27
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:11 am

Nearly empty skies on yesterday's hunt, but one Greenhead was folded up four ft over the decoys.
One hen Mallard cupped up and slid in to the same spot. She's still enjoyng her freedom today, and she was fun to watch.
A hen Spoonie landed twenty ft away from my dog and I while removing a sinking decoy. She's still hale and hardy as well.
Sometimes, just deciding to continue watching birds that are well within a killing range can greatly increase your skill and knowledge about the sport. It can at least teach the average hunter that he really does have time to take a better, more relaxed shot, at game that really will work in closer. Hard as that may be for any of us when the blood is up!

I may hunt in an area where several seasons may go by without some other group's shot spooking birds working my spread, and you guys that have to hunt crowded refuges have to contend with that element or give up the sport. Besides waiting out the other hunters for midday birds, I don't know any other answer. I used to do it there many years ago.
I know that waiting for the shot, instead of scraping away too soon, will increase the enjoyment of the hunt, and weight of the strap.
I think the vast majority of hunters here have already found that out.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:30 am

Take up photography if you don't want to shoot the birds or maybe both if you want to try the challenge with a camera and a shotgun.

Hard to tell others what the "beauty" is in the sport. It means different things to different people. Many of those favorite hunts we have involved a lot of killing. Hunting is about the kill for sure. It may not be the defining moment for everyone but it is the confirmation of everything that went into it and then the appreciation that the game sacraficed their life for your enjoyment and nourishment. Make no mistake that for thousands of years hunters have enjoyed that same moment of satisfaction. The confirmation and validation that you have done everything right.

What is hard is watching others go about it differently. Their ideas don't always align with ours. In the end what matters most is the ethics of it all but that is a deep hole that we shouldn't try to go down. Let's leave it at what the law allows for so as long as one is legally hunting and doing it effectively then we may not agree with the style but it should be acceptable.

Some folks enjoy the sunrises, some folks enjoy the conversations in the blind, others enjoy the solitude, being out in the wild enjoying the fruits of nature............whatever it is that drives you to get out there is so much of a personal thing. What you hope at the end of the day is folks choose to do it right. Whatever that means to you might be different but I know what it means to me and I know when I see it done right.

To me it is sort of a craft. To others it may be simply a relaxing getaway to enjoy what life must have been like thousands of years ago before civilization. To others it is a hardcore contest, a way to measure their worth and progression as a bonifide killer. Again...............different approaches, folks take different ideas in and out of the field but the key is folks are doing it legally and ethically.

So who are we to tell them what the sport is all about?
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:59 am

YOUR CHIT MUST BE BETTER THAN MY CHIT.....
BEEN MANY OF SHOOT DAY WHEN RINGNECKS, BOOTLIPS AND GADS FLYING ON A FUGE AND MOST GET PASSED ON!!!
OKAY I JUST DID ANOTHER BOWL.....
STILL JUST SOUND AND READS AS A CHIT STIRRING TROLL!!
PUDDLEHUNTER
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby Duckmansmoon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't know if I am a good caller or not but that doesn't stop me from hunting. I shoot hens because they are ducks and research has not shown that the duckling mortality rate improves if there are more hens or not. We can debate the issue but in the end you have your thoughts and I have mine. If you pass on hens or certain species of ducks it is your choice. You paid for the license, stamps, etc and I paid for mine.

If you want to watch them land then it's your dime and time. If I don't then don't worry about what I do in a safe manner.
Duckmansmoon
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:23 pm

A perfect example of a pointless post. Still trying to decide if it is funny or sad...........funny because its comedy just trying to read through that jibberish, or sad Cuz these guys actually are hiding in the tules with guns and calling themselves "real duck hunters"
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby goosehappy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:14 pm

I just passed on a pair of hoodies, and won't shoot spoonies, but where I hunt, won't pass on a ringer because they taste better than mallards! Yes, there is way more to waterfowling than full straps, but it might be nicer to hear about those moments than to be argumentative and critical of what others may or may not be doing. Appreciate what you get out of the experience, and cherish those moments as long as you live. I can guarantee you that when the reaper comes for me, I'm not going to remember how many honkers I killed, I'm going to remember what it feels like to be standing waist deep in freezing marsh water when the sun comes up, or taking a fine nap on a levee at Wister on a warm December afternoon.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby quack-attack » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:21 pm

“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
quack-attack
hunter

Postby rm85 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:05 pm

goosehappy wrote:I just passed on a pair of hoodies, and won't shoot spoonies, but where Thats my poinyI hunt, won't pass on a ringer because they taste better than mallards! Yes, there is way more to waterfowling than full straps, but it might be nicer to hear about those moments than to be argumentative and critical of what others may or may not be doing. Appreciate what you get out of the experience, and cherish those moments as long as you live. I can guarantee you that when the reaper comes for me, I'm not going to remember how many honkers I killed, I'm going to remember what it feels like to be standing waist deep in freezing marsh water when the sun comes up, or taking a fine nap on a levee at Wister on a warm December afternoon.

Thats my point bout this whole topic an i do apologize if I've affended any1 but theres more to hunting then killing an help the new comers cuz if u dnt they'll turn into the guys that shoot at ducks or geese at 100yds away
rm85
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:39 am

Ejumucation is good fer u. Just saying.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby 34 grains of Herco » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:02 pm

apparently Room 85 was not where AP English was taught at his school :smile:
34 grains of Herco
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Help me I'm falling and I can't get-up............Clamp !
3200 man
hunter

Postby fish dog » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:12 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Ejumucation is good fer u. Just saying.

34 grains of Herco wrote:apparently Room 85 was not where AP English was taught at his school :smile:

...as my daddy used to say, "He ain't got no school housin'."
fish dog
hunter

Postby gozags09 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:28 pm

ahhhh man. Why did I waste my time reading (or trying to read) this? :no:
gozags09
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting