successful ressie people..........

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

successful ressie people..........

Postby darkwater27 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 am

Morning all,

I went hunting yesterday so I did not get up early to check the draw results for the 30th. But I'm this morning checking and once again all applications for the 30th are unsuccessful.

But here is my question, for those of you that selected the notify by email option, do you keep checking the DFG site or is the "successful" email in your as fast as the draw results are posted on line?

Thanks for reading.....

Doug
darkwater27
hunter

Re: successful ressie people..........

Postby duxnbass » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 am

I selected that box also but it only gives you confirmation of your purchase I believe, the 30th I drew San Luis for my third ressis of the year and each time I look it in my profile and haven't received a "successful"email confirmation.
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby puddlehunter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:06 pm

I always check online ......I draw just about every shoot day.(I paid a lot of dough!!)
am pretty lucky so far with very good draws(still a challenged to get good birds) ...I hope it continues as it seems harder to draw
later in season!
ph
puddlehunter
hunter

Postby ericwjennings » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Isn't that just an email confirmation of your purchase or am I missing something? Forgive my ignorance if I misunderstood the question.
I'm an old snipe hunter from waaay back...
ericwjennings
hunter

Postby darkwater27 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm

So to clarify, you get the letter in the mail, and you can see on line, but there is no email sent when you have successful draw...?

not that i have been drawn, yet.....but I wanted to know if my predawn checks of the reservation system was in vain......
darkwater27
hunter

Postby fish dog » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:44 pm

They don't send you an email on successful draws. You get a letter several days later (usually in plenty of time before the hunt date). You can also print you successful draw off the web site (there is an option to do that). Also, at least at San Jacinto, they have a list of the successful draws so if you know your draw number they can confirm you got a successful draw off their list when you check in the morning of for your reservation.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby Glenn Underwood » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:56 am

Hello darkwater27 - The Online License Service is used for all sorts of transactions from purchasing fishing licenses and applying for drawings to submitting your harvest results for fishing report cards and big game tags. The email function is used to send you a receipt of your license purchase. The system will not e-mail you your drawing results, but perhaps in the future.

If you're drawn, we mail you a reservation letter and you can always view your submitted applications and drawing results online through the Online License Service. We are looking at options to allow hunters to choose between e-mail notification or traditional reservation letters, but we have some hoops (State red tape) to jump through before we can send bulk e-mails. So...hopefully in the future you will be able to choose e-mail notification for your drawing results.

Good luck in the drawings!

Glenn Underwood
Department of Fish and Wildlife
License Program Analyst
Waterfowl Reservation Drawing Coordinator
Glenn Underwood
hunter

Postby DuckFan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks Glenn! :thumbsup:
Proud Life Member - CWA
Member - Delta Waterfowl
Member - Ducks Unlimited
DuckFan
hunter

Postby darkwater27 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank you Glen and all the others that provided feedback.....I will continue to check my applications at o'dark 30 before I head out to hunt.
darkwater27
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting