Joice Island Mud

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, duckman2000

Re: Joice Island Mud

Postby NurseMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:44 pm

yeah it wasn't you then. had a guy about 40 and his 75 y.o. dad set up 25 yds from us and refused to answer when we were talking to them. guy shot 15 minutes before shoot time and then screamed at his dad all morning. skyscraped birds trying to land in my spread. real quality human being that he was, must have crippled about 8 birds that I saw, that they never found. still managed to cut 6.

Good to hear you guys had fun out there! Congrats on the band! any word yet on where it was banded?

NM
Dustin's Artemis of the Wildlands

"First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns. Next thing you know, you're shaving your beard and wearing capri pants. It's a sissy spiral."
NurseMan
hunter

Postby eastbaybirdkiller » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Banded this year in Benicia. Not real glamorous but it only our second year hunting ducks and the first one we've even seen, so we'll take it. Yeah we heard that guy shoot, but not real close to us.
eastbaybirdkiller
hunter

Postby quakquakboom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I heard the same guy yelling it was crazy how many people they let on that little refuge did well thoe was trippin on how many ppl talked bad about the mud it was nice and hard in the pond we were hunting. the refuge would be better if dam near everyone out there didn't think they were champion ship duck callers and didn't take 80 yard shot and loose half there ducks
quakquakboom
hunter

Postby eastbaybirdkiller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah the birds wanted to work but with all the calling hardly any were finishing. Still a pretty cool experience for second year hunters like my dad and I though.
eastbaybirdkiller
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting