reservations at mendota

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

reservations at mendota

Postby caliduckslayer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

somebody wanna go hunting if you got the spot i got the res. its for this wed. nov. 20
caliduckslayer
hunter

Re: reservations at mendota

Postby kparker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks for the invite, tough going at Mendota right now. Hunted it Saturday and took 4 birds. Just an fyi...other than the opening weekend, you will NEVER need a reservation at Mendota. I have hunted there for 20 plus years, and have never needed a reservation after the opener. Heck, I show up 30 minutes before shoot time every weekend and skip the lines and head straight out to my spot. I never have an issue...Good Luck. best bet is to sleep in, enjoy your day, head out for the afternoon shoot. A morning hunt at Mendota during November is a waste of time. Just my opinion of course.... :thumbsup:
kparker
hunter

Postby quigby979 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:01 pm

X2 on what kparker stated. Last wed their was only 48 hunters on the refuge. That was per the staff at check-in. Its a big place so you will have no problem finding a place alone. Good Luck
quigby979
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 pm

yup. slept in saturday and sunday. still got are spots. pretty slow out there. still manged 6 between the 2 of us saturday. 2 sunday. sunday was DEAD.
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby caliduckslayer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:11 am

makes sense, i dont really got a spot im dedicated too i have been trying to find some x's out there and is crazy hard last time i went out a few weeks ago there were gun shots all around me and i didnt even see a bird all day. so i was hoping to get some insight with someone who has been hunting there. it was a long shot haha. but thanks for the heads up hopefully il get some
caliduckslayer
hunter

Postby kparker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 am

Calilduckslayer,

PM sent
kparker
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting