Yolo help...

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Yolo help...

Postby Refuge_Usual » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:12 pm

I know the rules as far as asking for help on this forum and I've done a little research. Not all my question has been answer so would guys asure me that I'm on the right path. These are my question.

Yolo has 16 blind. 4 man per blind (2 man per tank).
When do they start calling reservation?

This is all I need to know. Oh maybe if you want to send me the location of your honey hole in a PM it would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin: that last part was a joke.
Refuge_Usual
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm


Re: Yolo help...

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Sure it was. That's called floating the turd.

You float what you really want like it's a joke - when in fact you hope that some will actually give you the information.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Yolo help...

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:23 pm

And yes. I'm crabby. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Yolo help...

Postby takemnow » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 pm

They start calling reservations 2 1/2 hours before shoot time.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx ... 1&inline=1

Good luck!
takemnow
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Cameron Park, CA

Re: Yolo help...

Postby Refuge_Usual » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks takemnow. That was really all I needed. Man, people nowadays can't take a joke for crabby. A simple assurance was all I needed.
Refuge_Usual
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Re: Yolo help...

Postby SFGregS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:16 am

Any luck at Yolo today?

Had ressies but given the lack of weather and the wife's insistence I stay with family - I didn't go. Feels weird not being our there today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
SFGregS
hunter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Bay Area, Ca

Re: Yolo help...

Postby Refuge_Usual » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:00 pm

SFGregS wrote:Any luck at Yolo today?

Had ressies but given the lack of weather and the wife's insistence I stay with family - I didn't go. Feels weird not being our there today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sorry SFGregs but the ressi isn't till next week. I did go out this morning to a grassland refuge with a ressi but didn't fire a single shot. I was out of the refuge by 9. I would tell you how Yolo do next week even though it might not help you then. I know the feeling when the old lady wants some time together. So I always tell her she is more than welcome to join me out in the marsh. She did once and never ask me again for time again.
Refuge_Usual
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Re: Yolo help...

Postby SFGregS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Thanks for the info. The wife would normally join me but we've got one in the oven which is keeping her out of the blind.

Good luck next weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
SFGregS
hunter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Bay Area, Ca

Re: Yolo help...

Postby bucksprig » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:01 pm

With a name "Refuge Usual", one would think you would know to check the dfg website which tells you this information.
bucksprig
hunter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Yolo help...

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:11 pm

bucksprig wrote:With a name "Refuge Usual", one would think you would know to check the dfg website which tells you this information.


I wish there was like post option like on other forums. :thumbsup:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: Yolo help...

Postby Refuge_Usual » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
bucksprig wrote:With a name "Refuge Usual", one would think you would know to check the dfg website which tells you this information.


I wish there was like post option like on other forums. :thumbsup:


I did that already. Try calling them a ton of times yesterday. Even went onto their Yolo Basin website. I gather as much information as I could before I tried asking for help here. Seems like this website has a ton of members who just wants to get onto people's cases. More b*tchin and moanin than actually helping out a fellow hunter. Read my original post grasshopper. I just need some assurance and 1 question answer, not about using CA DFG website or my name.
Refuge_Usual
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Re: Yolo help...

Postby bucksprig » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Refuge_Usual wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
bucksprig wrote:With a name "Refuge Usual", one would think you would know to check the dfg website which tells you this information.


I wish there was like post option like on other forums. :thumbsup:


I did that already. Try calling them a ton of times yesterday. Even went onto their Yolo Basin website. I gather as much information as I could before I tried asking for help here. Seems like this website has a ton of members who just wants to get onto people's cases. More b*tchin and moanin than actually helping out a fellow hunter. Read my original post grasshopper. I just need some assurance and 1 question answer, not about using CA DFG website or my name.



https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx ... 1&inline=1

Just for future reference. This link answers your question to almost every refuge in the state.
bucksprig
hunter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Yolo help...

Postby coachbob » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 am

Real simple question for all my more learned duck buddies. My partner got a #1 Ressie at Yolo and we have never been there. (Delevan Rat) We are going to hunt a blind since we want to keep dogs out of the water. Do they post blind averages at the check station like they do at Sac and Delevan? If yes, end of query. If not, could someone point us in the right direction since it doesn't involve any secret spots please. Thanks and I hope everyone gets lots of ducks to shoot at for Xmas.
coachbob
hunter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Yolo help...

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:06 am

Yes they do they have a binder in the check station. Good luck :thumbsup:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 10440
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm


Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests