Did anyone hunt Napa-Sonoma

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Did anyone hunt Napa-Sonoma

Postby Limitsx10 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Just wondering if anyone went out today and if the birds are here yet. I don't need to know your spot, I have my own. I just know it's going to be frickin' arse cold in the morning and if the birds still aren't really here I might stay in bed. I drive Hwy 37 everyday during the week and I haven't seen big numbers yet, although Friday did look better than earl yer in the week. You can PM if you don't want to post.

Thanks in advance for the info. Hope everyone had fun today.
Limitsx10
hunter

Re: Did anyone hunt Napa-Sonoma

Postby Stuckinmuck » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:14 am

It was pretty lean... I thought the rain last night and the cold streak should bring in new ducks, no... With the wind and clouds today, I was hoping... I stayed all day as well. Maybe the next storm...
Stuckinmuck
Newb

Postby Limitsx10 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:48 am

Thanks for the report. I'm all loaded up so I may go anyway. If I do I'll let you know how it goes.
Limitsx10
hunter

Postby Silverwidgeon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:09 am

my buddies did alright out there today. Saw a facebook post, looked 2 be about 12 birds for 3 guys. I know someone else who got skunked tho, kinda a hit or miss.
"At times like these it's best to remember that there have always been times like these."
Silverwidgeon
hunter

Postby Petestella » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes slow more birds than the last few weekends no wind to push them around. Ended up with a nice bull canvasback sat and 0 birds on Sunday never even lifted the gun.
Petestella
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting