Beretta Outlander Jacket

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Beretta Outlander Jacket

Postby vbirddogs » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 am

Well, my ole' 22yr. Browning Jacket is slowly giving up the ghost. Looking for a new jacket. Anyone have any experience with the Beretta Outlander Waterfowl Jacket?

I found one for a good price.

I don't like a jacket that's too thick, would rather layer underneath. And, love lots of pockets.
vbirddogs
hunter

Re: Beretta Outlander Jacket

Postby quack-attack » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:11 pm

In my opinion the columbia 4-1 series, either the widgeon or the full length parka cannot be beat. they just last really well and they are truly waterproof.
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
quack-attack
hunter

Postby pinseeker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 pm

quack-attack wrote:In my opinion the columbia 4-1 series, either the widgeon or the full length parka cannot be beat. they just last really well and they are truly waterproof.

I have the Columbia Widgeon and its the best jacket I have ever owned! :thumbsup:
pinseeker
hunter

Postby Calikev » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

22 years with one jacket.........why would you consider anything else?

I would go with another Browning. I'm a big fan of their apparel as everything I have had from them has been quality.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby vbirddogs » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Calikev,

I know, it's hard not to just buy another one. The one I have is a 3 in 1 and wasn't cheap back then. But, it's pretty much lost it's water proof abilities; even when I treat it. It's still great for those days it's not wet, but I need something for those really wet, yukky days. (Plus I shoot Browning BPS's...I'm a pump guy). Everyone who posted really likes those Columbia Widgeon jackets, and my hunting partner got one last year and he really likes it; especially with that life-time warranty.

I guess I'll keep looking for another Browning, and I've got my eye on a Columbia Widgeon in the meantime. Thanks everyone for your input.
vbirddogs
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting