Interesting Sight on I5

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Interesting Sight on I5

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:58 pm

mendotakiller wrote:pretty sure its against the law to display game like that to the public? we had a warden get mad at us because you could see half the rack sticking up outa the bed out our truck. it was a monster buck...but he said we should cover it so people couldnt see it. its not like we had it propped up in the back so people could see it either. we didnt get a ticket but it was more of a warning i guess. correct me if im wrong on this

Your wrong on this.

Sent from an undisclosed location on the river
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
Bootlipkiller
hunter

Postby ditchbanker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:10 pm

slowshooter wrote:

Wow Slow
...that's some video...!
...makes a guy wonder...?
...where would somebody dig up a song/video like that...?
...the Kids...?
...naww...not Kid music these days...
...a bar maybe?...yeah...!
...a bar with a stage maybe...?
...perhaps near an airport somewhere maybe...?

:beer:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
ditchbanker
hunter

Postby CuppedAddiction247 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:22 pm

bowman13 wrote:I was coming into Sacramento last Saturday night after a few memorable days of hunting the sink. As I was just about over the American/Sac River, I noticed a fellow hunters rig up ahead with the usual Ducks Unlimited sticker sported on the back and a refuge carts handlebars sticking out the back. As a fellow refuge hunter, I am always looking for new ideas for cart setups and designs, so I sped up a little to see their cart, which was obviously not a Cabelas/Jet sled setup.

As I got closer, I noticed it was a very famous, or infamous, truck by the info provided on the truck. I have had no problems with these guys, as I usually ignored the gossip and drama surrounding them, and was a couple car lengths behind them. The cart was pretty awesome, obviously a custom welded jobber, but something was tied to the handlebar and was dangling out the tailgate. At first I thought it was a piece of garbage, but then realized it was in fact a strap of ducks!

Now, at first I thought it was pretty hilarious, and even chuckled a bit as I passed them by. I shrugged it off as a group of guys who had had a good day and were proud of it, banging their chest so to speak. But as I got further down the road, I thought more about the strap of dead birds smiling back at the cars behind their truck and realized maybe I had a problem with it. I can understand (kinda) someone driving to the check station or maybe into Live oak or Gridley with some birds floppin around the back of their truck for everyone to see. But going down I5 70 mph at 6 in the evening on a Saturday? I dunno, it seems like that's just asking for the wrong type of attention. I would hate for someone who does not understand hunting to be offended by a strap of ducks staring back at them for 30 miles.

Anyways, that's my take on the issue. I hope the gentlemen who were in the truck see my take on their actions and maybe consider a different approach on their next hunt. Things are just starting to pick up out there, so lets enjoy the 2 months we got left!

you saw me !!!!! I had a resi to sutter i literally forgot those birds were hanging there as we unloaded all our stuff i left it on the cart strap hahahaha this is the greatest misunderstanding ever . Hand on the bible i really forgot i put em there
Capturing experiences,memories and greatness one day at a time
CuppedAddiction247
hunter

Postby bowman13 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Well then, problem solved. Simple misunderstanding of merits. These cold December mornings can do that to a guy. I almost forgot my waders and gun this morning while my brain thawed out at 4 am. Good luck out there everyone!
"Ducks are like women; they are all good, just some are better than others."-Best 8:00am duck blind quote I have ever heard.
bowman13
hunter

Postby finsnfeathershunter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 pm

:smile:
Last edited by finsnfeathershunter on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
finsnfeathershunter
State Moderator

Postby CuppedAddiction247 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm

i was in such a hurry to get something to eat …..long story short didn't sleep for 32 hours went hunting left for sutter at 1:50 hunted all day basically loaded up the stuff forgot all about the birds went to eat then cruised home glad i didn't fall asleep i was real close
Capturing experiences,memories and greatness one day at a time
CuppedAddiction247
hunter

Postby Russell » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:56 pm

T....stop it! :lol3: :lol3:
"Look at Me" list: TBA October 2012...
Russell
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:21 am

CuppedAddiction247 wrote:i was in such a hurry to get something to eat …..long story short didn't sleep for 32 hours went hunting left for sutter at 1:50 hunted all day basically loaded up the stuff forgot all about the birds went to eat then cruised home glad i didn't fall asleep i was real close

I've heard that modified sudafed works pretty well. 32 hours and a hunt makes you sound like you might know Robert Ford.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby 34 grains of Herco » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:04 am

friedcoot wrote:
CuppedAddiction247 wrote:i was in such a hurry to get something to eat …..long story short didn't sleep for 32 hours went hunting left for sutter at 1:50 hunted all day basically loaded up the stuff forgot all about the birds went to eat then cruised home glad i didn't fall asleep i was real close

I've heard that modified sudafed works pretty well. 32 hours and a hunt makes you sound like you might know Robert Ford.

Gotta filter out the red phosphorus though, or the whites of your eyes will turn pink...dead giveaway in the blind even with camo makeup :thumbsup:
34 grains of Herco
hunter

Postby Winemaker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Anyone with 6th grade intelligence would know that hunters are a minority today in this country. In fact we are an extreme minority. Displaying dead animals to the public at large assists the cause for eradication of our pursuit. This is the beginning and the end of the topic that is raised by this post. In less than two years I will no longer be able to use my most beloved hunting rifles in this state because those opposed to hunting have managed to get the Governor to outlaw all lead bullets. I don't care what anyone thinks a "CREW" is, I don't care whether anyone believes that hunting is a competition that features winners and losers, but if I ever see anyone flying a strap of ducks like a victory flag on the highway then I promise that I will drop a dime on them on the spot. The signs are everywhere, "REPORT DRUNK DRIVERS", and if you fly the strap then that is what you will be until a law enforcement officer can prove otherwise. Enjoy the rest of your season guys.
Winemaker
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:46 am

Winemaker wrote:Anyone with 6th grade intelligence would know that hunters are a minority today in this country.

I think you have identified the problem.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 am

Winemaker you sunk that nail nicely :thumbsup:
friedcoot
hunter

Postby dj youth duckhunter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 pm

bowman13 wrote:Well then, problem solved. Simple misunderstanding of merits. These cold December mornings can do that to a guy. I almost forgot my waders and gun this morning while my brain thawed out at 4 am. Good luck out there everyone!

Talked to a guy yesterday that said he thinks he forgot the pole for his spinning wing in the pond after he got back to the truck! I Know i was tired!
Dustin~

dj youth duckhunter
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting