Dear Skybusters @ Mendota unit #20

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Dear Skybusters @ Mendota unit #20

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 am

Please learn to let the birds work a spread. Please don't sky scrape birds at +100 yards while they are working someone elses spread.. Thanks... :thumbsup:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Re: Dear Skybusters @ Mendota unit #20

Postby zapper » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:51 am

lol i had that all morning long yesterday from the folks at sutter. figured out why they didnt let birds work..they had NO DECOYS hahah idiot!
zapper
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Please learn to let the birds work a spread. Please don't sky scrape birds at +100 yards while they are working someone elses spread.. Thanks... :thumbsup:

unit #20? lot 20 or pond 20?
wjarrell
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:19 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Please learn to let the birds work a spread. Please don't sky scrape birds at +100 yards while they are working someone elses spread.. Thanks... :thumbsup:

So this is how you want to do it huh ! I told you out there that if you had a problem with me you shouldn't have set up so close . Then you flash that white paper plate face of yours to every bird with in 3 miles and you wonder why I was making some long shots . I don't think its sky busting when Im stoning them dead in the decoys . As for you and your ( I can killem at a 100 yrds shells) they don't work. What exactly do you consider working your spread ? The ducks that were way down the field ? Must have been the way you were laying on that call. That call worked about as good as those anti aircraft shells your shooting . Next time get there a little earlier so as not to mess up the hunt for those that get there before LST. You must be scared of the dark ! Come strolling out after shoot time dragging that bag of decoys . My God man ! Its public ground if you don't like it join a club.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby zapper » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm

**brings out the popcorn** :hammer: :hammer:
zapper
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 pm

We'll this just got interesting.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

So this is how you want to do it huh ! I told you out there that if you had a problem with me you shouldn't have set up so close . Then you flash that white paper plate face of yours to every bird with in 3 miles and you wonder why I was making some long shots . I don't think its sky busting when Im stoning them dead in the decoys . As for you and your ( I can killem at a 100 yrds shells) they don't work. What exactly do you consider working your spread ? The ducks that were way down the field ? Must have been the way you were laying on that call. That call worked about as good as those anti aircraft shells your shooting . Next time get there a little earlier so as not to mess up the hunt for those that get there before LST. You must be scared of the dark ! Come strolling out after shoot time dragging that bag of decoys . My God man ! Its public ground if you don't like it join a club.

Lol where did you learn to call? Showed up late cuz kern was full. Dead in your decoys? LOL! Your decoys aren't in the tule patches behind you. Plus I saw 10 plus cripples glide out from your eyesore shooting skills. The limit is 7!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

I think you have me confused with another group too lol I had a mask on... And I never spoke to anyone outside the party because I don't hunt next to people ;) I was about 450 yards from you guys ;)
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 pm

zapper wrote:lol i had that all morning long yesterday from the folks at sutter. figured out why they didnt let birds work..they had NO DECOYS hahah idiot!

He definitely didn't need decoys. Was a waste of his time packing in his 20 mojos lol. I yelled at them to "throw the gun at them"
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Calikev » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Let's solve this problem.

A - stop shooting high
B - show up on time

Problem solved........... :biggrin:
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby Bmaybee » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:18 pm

This is awesome
Bmaybee
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Calikev wrote:Let's solve this problem.

A - stop shooting high
B - show up on time

Boy don't we all wish it could be that easy...shooting high actually is a better target than showing up on time. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately both are subjective, shooting too high a little less so given ballistics. Shooting too high is probably the biggest complaint other than people setting up too close. On time is not subject to anyone else's time clock we all have different obligations and pressures as well as life's little interventions...
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby Russell » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

20 gauges, 15......and out..... :yes:
"Look at Me" list: TBA October 2012...
Russell
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:15 pm

marsh-mello wrote:

A - stop shooting high
B - show up on time

Boy don't we all wish it could be that easy...shooting high actually is a better target than showing up on time. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately both are subjective, shooting too high a little less so given ballistics. Shooting too high is probably the biggest complaint other than people setting up too close. On time is not subject to anyone else's time clock we all have different obligations and pressures as well as life's little interventions...

Yes I know.........it was tongue in cheek. :thumbsup: :tongue:

The point was each side can give a little to compromise. Work together instead of pointing the finger at one another. Perhaps the guy coming in later (we all do sometimes) could be a little less intrusive and the guy shooting could do a better job at killing the birds and not sailing them. Effective kills should be clean and not sailing multiple birds. It happens to all of us but when it happens like that (multiple birds) my friend will say we need a "two hop grounder" to get you back in the killing zone. That means they need to be close enough they are clean kills. I agree range is subjective and especially when watching from a side view at a distance. They always look higher than they really are from that view in my experience.

Who knows where the truth lies but my point is folks should look first to work together and not go on to the net and complain about it. If I were in that situation and it bothered me that much I would go pay the other party a face to face visit to settle the differences. If you keep a cool head and look for a compromise in doing so, you can often get a good working relationship started out there and everyone benefits. With some people that is impossible because they bring a defensive attitude into the field with them and the minute anyone says anything to them they pop off.
Calikev
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Calikev wrote:
marsh-mello wrote:

A - stop shooting high
B - show up on time

The point was each side can give a little to compromise. Work together instead of pointing the finger at one another. Perhaps the guy coming in later (we all do sometimes) could be a little less intrusive and the guy shooting could do a better job at killing the birds and not sailing them. Effective kills should be clean and not sailing multiple birds. It happens to all of us but when it happens like that (multiple birds) my friend will say we need a "two hop grounder" to get you back in the killing zone. That means they need to be close enough they are clean kills. I agree range is subjective and especially when watching from a side view at a distance. They always look higher than they really are from that view in my experience.

Who knows where the truth lies but my point is folks should look first to work together and not go on to the net and complain about it. If I were in that situation and it bothered me that much I would go pay the other party a face to face visit to settle the differences. If you keep a cool head and look for a compromise in doing so, you can often get a good working relationship started out there and everyone benefits. With some people that is impossible because they bring a defensive attitude into the field with them and the minute anyone says anything to them they pop off.

Less intrusive? Buddy, when we came through the check he had birds working so we got down and let them work. He scraped both at about 80 yards out but none the less the birds would have flared if we lacked any etiquette. We also set up well beyond 300 yards away. For a refuge. That is far from instructive. Those guys were hunting shoulder to shoulder.
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Russell wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Not a bad idea :thumbsup:

Though a few would argue that their "20" can reach out to 50 or 60 yards :lol3: I'd like to see the club that I hunt go to 20 ga. only. No different on clubs..... guys fill the need to sky bust anything within 50-70 yards. Couple blinds from me.... guy must shoot 40-50 shots a day. :fingerpt:
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Portuguese Duck Slayer wrote:
Russell wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Not a bad idea :thumbsup:

Though a few would argue that their "20" can reach out to 50 or 60 yards :lol3: I'd like to see the club that I hunt go to 20 ga. only. No different on clubs..... guys fill the need to sky bust anything within 50-70 yards. Couple blinds from me.... guy must shoot 40-50 shots a day. :fingerpt:

Yeah he shot atleast 6 rounds per bird he knocked down. Too bad the wardens never check people for shell limits
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:35 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
Calikev wrote:
marsh-mello wrote:

A - stop shooting high
B - show up on time

Less intrusive? Buddy, when we came through the check he had birds working so we got down and let them work. He scraped both at about 80 yards out but none the less the birds would have flared if we lacked any etiquette. We also set up well beyond 300 yards away. For a refuge. That is far from instructive. Those guys were hunting shoulder to shoulder.

Fair enough but what I've learned in these internet disputes is there is no way to know who is telling the truth unless I personally knew the integrity of the person writing it. That is one of the inherent problems with these disputes being aired out here. I learned this the hard way a few years back throwing another hunter under the bus when what I should have done is talked to him personally face to face about it or at least a phone call. I let something stew for a few years that ended up forming my opinion of him as something he wasn't. Then I misrepresented that on the net. I've since gotten to know him and we have been on good terms ever since then. It took a phone call and meeting person to person to get over it.

I think the two of you should exchange phone numbers and settle it out that way. Hard to deal with an offending skybuster but as MM spelled out it is all subjective. If the guy is killing birds effectively it is really tough to make a case for it. I think I would start with common ground and then work from there. Especially if you both plan on going there again and hunting next to one another. Could lead to far worse consequences.
Calikev
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Calikev wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:
Calikev wrote:
marsh-mello wrote:

A - stop shooting high
B - show up on time

Fair enough but what I've learned in these internet disputes is there is no way to know who is telling the truth unless I personally knew the integrity of the person writing it. That is one of the inherent problems with these disputes being aired out here. I learned this the hard way a few years back throwing another hunter under the bus when what I should have done is talked to him personally face to face about it or at least a phone call. I let something stew for a few years that ended up forming my opinion of him as something he wasn't. Then I misrepresented that on the net. I've since gotten to know him and we have been on good terms ever since then. It took a phone call and meeting person to person to get over it.

I think the two of you should exchange phone numbers and settle it out that way. Hard to deal with an offending skybuster but as MM spelled out it is all subjective. If the guy is killing birds effectively it is really tough to make a case for it. I think I would start with common ground and then work from there. Especially if you both plan on going there again and hunting next to one another. Could lead to far worse consequences.

In no way was he effectively killing birds. He doesn't need my number cuz next time now that I know who it is, I will approach him :thumbsup:
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting