Sac Duck Hunter Causes 3 School Lockdowns

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Sac Duck Hunter Causes 3 School Lockdowns

Postby Caudawg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 pm

This misunderstanding is bound to happen on occasion.
http://www.news10.net/video/29257843030 ... -3-schools
John Caulfield
Director of Sales
www.Westernbass.com
Caudawg
hunter

Re: Sac Duck Hunter Causes 3 School Lockdowns

Postby Tyrtruion » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't call it a misunderstanding... There was no conversation. It was an example of uneducatedness and assumption gone wrong.
Obviously wearing waders...
Was securing a camouflage shotgun in the trunk of a car...
The kid that lady was walking to school obviously doesn't have a chance of learning about te outdoors...
:no:
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby Caudawg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:24 pm

That lady misunderstood the situation probably because she knows nothing about hunting. Like I said it's bound to happen once in a while. With all the horrific school shootings over the last decade...I'd rather have some of these misunderstandings on occasion than have some kids get shot by a lunatic. She was being extra vigilant based on what she knows. And remember...she was walking her child to school so she probably had some interest in that child's safety. As the saying goes..."it's better to air on the side of safety' than miss an opportunity to stop another school shooting massacre. That's my $.02 fwiw.
John Caulfield
Director of Sales
www.Westernbass.com
Caudawg
hunter

Postby Nabs » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 pm

The woman should be handed a bill for all of the wasted time and money.

My .02 cents because that woman has no sense.
Nabs
hunter

Postby Rem887 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 pm

this has happened too many times. city people not knowing the difference between an honest hunter and an intruder? c'mon now its not hard to tell the difference at all.
Rem887
hunter

Postby Caudawg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Well...I guess I am eternally optimistic. Now she, and everyone who saw that news story are hopefully a little more educated about these situations and won't over-react in the future. Channel 10 did a pretty good job and did not paint the hunter as a dummazz like some stations would do. How would "city people" know the difference if they aren't around hunters very often? Any time we get a chance to educate these folks we should jump at the chance.
John Caulfield
Director of Sales
www.Westernbass.com
Caudawg
hunter

Postby Nabs » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Every lesson I have ever learned in my life that was worth learning has been expensive or painful, sometimes both.

The title is totally misleading, it should read "Ignorant woman mistakes honest hunter for gun toting psychopath, wastes time and money."
Nabs
hunter

Postby fish dog » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Caudawg wrote:Well...I guess I am eternally optimistic. Now she, and everyone who saw that news story are hopefully a little more educated about these situations and won't over-react in the future. Channel 10 did a pretty good job and did not paint the hunter as a dummazz like some stations would do. How would "city people" know the difference if they aren't around hunters very often? Any time we get a chance to educate these folks we should jump at the chance.

At least it looks like the police handled it well. The hunter was shaking their hands at the end instead of being proned out and cuffed.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:42 pm

I understand the concern in leu of all the tragic school shootings recently and historically. But this lady's lack of common sense parallels the IQ of a gopher. I mean he was putting the gun away!!! For facks sake. People need to know the difference between iminant danger and someone who was obviously engaging in legal activity.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 pm

fish dog wrote:
Caudawg wrote:Well...I guess I am eternally optimistic. Now she, and everyone who saw that news story are hopefully a little more educated about these situations and won't over-react in the future. Channel 10 did a pretty good job and did not paint the hunter as a dummazz like some stations would do. How would "city people" know the difference if they aren't around hunters very often? Any time we get a chance to educate these folks we should jump at the chance.

At least it looks like the police handled it well. The hunter was shaking their hands at the end instead of being proned out and cuffed.

X2
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby ShootThemInTheEye » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Just wondering if the gun was cased? I didn't see one in the video. Not sure it would have mattered if it was . If the waders didn't tip her off I doubt a case would have helped :rolleyes:
ShootThemInTheEye
hunter

Postby Rem887 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:29 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hunting-star-s ... d=20911636
now this, might even be more dumb than that story.
Rem887
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting