Who had a worse reservation pull then me?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Who had a worse reservation pull then me?

Postby Duckmansmoon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Calikev wrote:Cause and effect

Folks talk about places on the net/how they did, etc. = those places get harder to draw each year

Not as much as you think, maybe less than a .01% decrease. If only one or one million played the lottery the odds of winning wouldn't improve your chance of winning.
Duckmansmoon
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 am

I've had ZERO draws for the last three years. I think I'm gonna put the cash aside for a few years and get a blind seat at a club with the money I save. I seem to have better luck doing lottery and staying the night in the parking lot anyway.
Mattquack
hunter

Postby fish dog » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:30 pm

How about only one draw this season, a #50 (last reservation) on the first Wednesday of the season at SJ and I had to burn that one because of work.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm

fish dog wrote:How about only one draw this season, a #50 (last reservation) on the first Wednesday of the season at SJ and I had to burn that one because of work.

Maybe all you guys complaining about only drawing one or none should spend a little more money or put in for more refuges...... just saying.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Duckmansmoon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:10 am

spoonysmaker wrote:
fish dog wrote:How about only one draw this season, a #50 (last reservation) on the first Wednesday of the season at SJ and I had to burn that one because of work.

Maybe all you guys complaining about only drawing one or none should spend a little more money or put in for more refuges...... just saying.

As a disabled vet my options with cash is a bit tight. I didn't read anyone complaining at all, just lamenting the bad luck. Then again this board isn't known for containing joyful posts.
Duckmansmoon
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:39 am

Duckmansmoon wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:

As a disabled vet my options with cash is a bit tight. I didn't read anyone complaining at all, just lamenting the bad luck. Then again this board isn't known for containing joyful posts.

This whole thread is technically a giant complaint. I understand the fact that some people can afford more and can put in more apps. But this is a system that you get out what you put in. And thank you for your service
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:03 am

spoonysmaker wrote:
Duckmansmoon wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:

And thank you for your service

X2
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby fish dog » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
Duckmansmoon wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:

This whole thread is technically a giant complaint. I understand the fact that some people can afford more and can put in more apps. But this is a system that you get out what you put in. And thank you for your service

Yeah, well, not to complain (because it would take an act of God to change anything) but how many refuges can you put in for that are within 2 hours of you? 20+? More? Me? I've got one. If I want to drive 4 or 5 hours then I've got 3. As for my act of God statement, what I meant was to have any more refuges open up for us would take an act of God. San Jacinto has a 10,000 acre upland unit that the state has owned and has been part of the wildlife area for probably at least 10 years. No one is allowed to use it yet. Every year I ask about it and for a while I'd hear "maybe next year" but now, when I ask the guy in charge he says he now doesn't expect it to open before he retires (which is probably about 10 years away) if ever. Why? Environmental impact reports, public comment periods, public use plans and a bunch of other red tape hoops that Commiefornia requires now. And this is just to open up an upland area for people to walk around in carrying a shotgun. Can you imagine what it would take if they were going to modify the land by digging ponds, installing levees and putting in water control devises and pipes? In other words, it ain't never gonna happen.

Not complaining, that's just how it is. But telling someone that maybe we should "spend a little more money or put in for more refuges...... just saying", is kind of like the out of staters telling us its our fault because all we have to do is to just vote Piglosi and Boxer out of office. Everyone's situation is different. BTW a truly random draw you'd have just as much chance for any one draw as anyone else, which is why some people get multiple draws and some get none. Its called luck. So, allow us to cuss our luck if ya don't mind.
fish dog
hunter

Postby fish dog » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Just found out a buddy of mine did worse then me. Zero draws this season.
fish dog
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:53 pm

A first in 20+ years! A giant Tule goose egg this year. That sucked...
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oops that's just ducks and geese...
duckdoa
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting