Mallards

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm

3200 man wrote: .........go early Fred and stomp on some eggs too !......

I almost shot beer out of my nose on that one! :lol3: :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Don't be a hater master baiter :)

I'll send you pics from the kills and you can tear me apart for killing all your ducks
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:11 pm

If fellas would leave those young birds alone up North we would have plenty birds down here in the States ? It just seems
un-constructive to donate to organizations for habitat here and go up there and kill hopeless young birds who never have been
shot at ........when you are limited on how many you can bring home.......and most hunters don't bring any home ! :no: :no:

Habitat on the ground puts Birds in the Sky.........Give me a Break :fingerhead:

Pictures Yes ! But that's all you'll have of those Yearling Baby Birds with very little colors ......Master Hunter :lol3: :lol3:
3200 man
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Shooting the ducks in Canada has not a thing to do with the bird population here...If you only knew what was really going on and bringing them home has nothing to do with it either...

What the hell is the habitat comment about you been drinking???

BTW Don't CA hunters shoot the helpless, colorless, never been shot at young birds on the opener ???

BTW#2 I never went to Canada to become a Master Hunter I was able to accomplish that here a long time ago :)
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 am

I guess everyone has opinions of their own and beating ones chest is a sign of incompetence in most cases ? If a guy is so
good here but has to go up North to shoot Babies so he has pictures to impress others .......the Master part is questionable !

If the fever of killing more birds than one can use has gotten a hold of you , with killing and giving away what you shoot ,
in my opinion you are hunting for the wrong reasons . Waterfowling is a sport of pride in ones ability to know how and where
to set-up decoys along with calling birds within range , being a good enough shotgun shooter to shoot the least amount of shells
to take a limit , then preparing what he shoots for his family and friends to enjoy .

Yep that's is in my opinion a Master Hunter.....The one that does recognized what he's doing to conserve a resource
for the future of the Sport.......Without all the pictures and Videos......Master hunter ? :huh: :no: :no:

Like I said , you might want to leave earlier this year , to make a Buck ? and be Safe .
3200 man
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:43 am

3200 I dont think you really have a clue about my past or what I do.... You think you do but you really don't know me at all.. I don't beat my chest not show tons of pics on line of every kill.. I am in fact just playing with you because it is so easy to get you going...

The part you left out is to have a great dog too.... I can say that unlike you I am a pursit and shoot only a certain type of duck and forego just killing ducks to kill ducks...

Now you never address the early baby never shot at before dumb CA opener mallards that you shoot each year too?? What is the difference other then i tis ok for you to do it but not others?? Sounds like a hypocrite to me....

As far as making a buck goes your way wrong on that one....There is alot of bucks to be made and just because someone has figured out a way to make bucks from something they love to do why be a hater....

Until you really know someone and what they do and stand for maybe one should not rush to judgement either... You have never seen a video posted here and I bet only a handful of pics over the years..

You are correct I have no clue about setting up decoys, shooting, calling, or any knowledge of hunting ducks so therefore I must go shoot the helpless baby ducks before you school them with your abilities...

No reason to be a hater because someone goes and pursues something they love to do..

You have no clue what happens to the ducks shot up ther either so let me inform you of what happens to the birds.. They are donate dto a local reservation and back to the farmers for a food sourse so they are consumed by people who appreciates them and enjoys them..

Again the ducks shot in Canada have nothing to do with the CA ducks and the way things have gone over the past few years....
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:53 am

With shining the light on why fellas go North of the border is my objective for killing young birds , those that do , it's there
own commitment of not being a very good Waterfowl hunter here or where they hunt . With bird populations on the down
side here , you would think , by not shooting those Babies we would have more here !
Your right , I don't know you other than what I read on the forum but , I do reserve my thoughts when a Master Hunter is
advertising that he can't do it here so , he wants someone else to pay (him / or his way) to show them he can kill Baby Ducks
right with the best of them and you have shown pictures to prove it .

Go ahead and guide the sheep.........it's just my opinion :no: :no: :yes:

Would you like to buy some more PMC BBB's ?
3200 man
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:27 pm

If you have more I would gladly buy them as tehy killed those young birds dead...

Seriously if you have them I will buy them..

Again I might say that you have no idea of what I can do and have done here for years.. I assure you not all the birds shot in Canada are young either..

I still haven't seen your explanation on the opening day shoots here and the young birds that get pummeled here in CA by the hunters here?? How is that nay different then being in Canada?

I have never said I can't do it here... Trust me I have done it more then a few times here and for many many years....I assure you I can get it done here and there and have many many times in both places.

No need to hate someone who has turned their passion into a money making event. I bet just about everyone on this forum would love to do what I do at least once and get paid for it too...Don't be ahter until you have all your facts or in this case ducks in a row please...

This forum is not a great place to judge anyone...

So I will be waiting for your explanation on the killing of baby ducks on the CA opener??
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Hey are these guys trolls???? What's a troll ???
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 am

Yes we kill fully feathered young birds here as they are very good eating , as you know , we also take them home to feed
our families or friends with a great meal . It's the Sporting Way Though , not puffing them at 15 yds because you're going to
give them away anyhow ? With the greater percentage of birds you shoot up there not being fully feathered , you don't know
if its a hen or drake so , if you're lucky , you put the 30 percent drakes in front of your pile for picture taking to show the
boys back home . Is this the Sport of Hunting ? I don't think so , it's just killing so you can say I'm a more successful hunter
and here are the pictures to prove it......without them knowing the whole story of taking advantage of the Baby Birds ! :no:

Yea , BBB's are what you need for those 15 yd Baby Ducks ,all-right ,when you don't plan on eating them .

The American Sportsmen ........WOW ? :huh:
3200 man
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 am

Privelaged Not a troll here so shhhhhhhhh

3200 I actually shot the honkers with the BBB's and shot ducks with a 20 guage...Thats sporting.....

Not sure where you get your 30% from or your numbers from either... Seems ok for you to shoot your BABY opener birds and smokem them at 15 yards but not others? Why are you being a hypocrite??

Bottom line is you are just flapping your gums as you have no clue what really takes place here or there so until you really know the American Sportman it would be best for you to not say anything else because you are making yourself look foolish..

Again hunting Canada is a great experience and is more then just "killing" birds.....

Sounds like jealousy to me and I bet if you were to ask anyone to go to Canada and hunt waterfowl 99% would say yes if they could afford a trip..

You very rarely see me post pics anywhere or brag about the hunts so not sure where you got that from either..

PS: For a feel good ending most of the ducks I shoot here in CA I give away to a local Mong family who utilizes the entire bird for consumption.
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:16 am

I am hypocritical with this because I have been there and seen what goes on when 500 Baby Birds come to the decoys to
feed ! Shooting them at so close range Blowing them apart was sicking to me but other fellas got a good laugh out of it .
I did enjoyed trips Goose hunting with Buck Paradise and Take'm Outfitters in Sask but with only 2 limits allowed of birds
and the cost of shipping.....it was just killing......not hunting the way it was meant to be ?

You have your opinion to hunting up there and I have mine !

If you want to advertise your trips up North on this forum , tell the whole story about killing Baby Ducks , Better Yet

Take-out an Add in your local new paper so true Waterfowlers don't have to read between the lines !

American Sportsman....Master Hunter :no: :no:

How's your Blood Pressure with that........ :lol3: :lol3: :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:50 am

My BP is just fine as I am fine with what I am doing and how I am going about doing it. Advertising trips is no different here then anywhere else..

You also refer to to me as the Master Hunter and American Sportman and not sure why you keep doing that as I have never proclaimed to be either...You keep lableing thhings and have no clue what the hell you are talking about..

Many people ask advice about trips here on this forum yet you don't go after them do you?

You keep referrring to the birds as baby birds but you have no idea if they are baby birds or grown up birds do you??

You don't have to read between the lines simply ignore it if it bothers you that much but again I bet you if offered a trip to Canada 99.9% of the guys would go and shoot ducks and geese...

Again you shoot babies here in CA but thats ok because why??? I also assure you many baby birds are shot on the opener and stuffed in the tules because many master hunters here in CA can't tell what they are shooting at they just shoot....

Your a true waterfowler?? Says who?? YOU?? CMON Man...
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Above average temps for the week. Not good for local mallards. April is looking hot also.
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Shoot them in the eye asked about my records.
They are state wide refuge system #'s including state, federal waterfowl counts and other misc data.
Pick a year (1) if you're interested
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:41 am

Im going to grab my popcorn now :) This is great! Keep it up! At least we have something to read during these slow times in the off season
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:43 am

OK sorry for the Commercial Break ( go ahead yellowdog 53 ) even though you're not a paying Sponsor on this Site ? :no:

Tell the whole story , of what your pictures indicate with very little green showing ? :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 pm

So who will be shooting mallards next year? Even with the extreme drought continuing. Please explain why you would shoot a mallard in these extreme conditions. I guess people don't remember the large flocks mallards that use to fly.
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:37 am

Privileged hunter wrote:So who will be shooting mallards next year? Even with the extreme drought continuing. Please explain why you would shoot a mallard in these extreme conditions. I guess people don't remember the large flocks mallards that use to fly.

How about who cares. Why are people so concerned with what others do. So you say I can't shoot Mallards, 3200 says people can't go to Canada to hunt. How about you all just worried about your selfs for a while. You don't want to shoot them. Good for you. Would you like a pat on the back becuse I will shoot the hell out of them still unless dfw says otherwise.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:12 am

I'm not saying that Canada isn't a Wonderful place to raise Waterfowl . What I'm saying is ( my Opinion ) if we spend our
after tax dollars here ( in the USA ) and preferably with Calif. Guides , we help our Sport in this State with funding that
creates habitat along with providing more places to hunt . Helping our Guides make a living and promote Waterfowling !

When we spend our money out of this Country , IT'S GONE , it doesn't help our F & G or the Ranchers / Landowners that
lease blinds , with habitat improvements or the local Sporting Goods Store , restaurants ,gas stations ( it's gone )

So why go to another Country , when the only reason is for killing birds you can't afford to bring home ( at $1.50 lb shipping )

It's Time to Demand our Waterfowl Organizations we donate to , to invest more in California with projects to benefit
our migrating /local birds with pumps / water storage ect; , that will keep our Sport stay Alive here But , that's not the way it's
been the last few years , as our Waterfowl hunters are becoming fewer and fewer each year .

Help the Cause , Don't hurt it !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Take matters into your own hands. ( I'll wait until the dfg tells me otherwise ) holy sh$t now that's funny. :fingerhead:
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Privileged hunter wrote:Take matters into your own hands. ( I'll wait until the dfg tells me otherwise ) holy sh$t now that's funny. :fingerhead:

That is funny because the dfg won't be saying anything. Go stay on your privaledged island and worry about your self bud.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:45 pm

So what does the mallard numbers look like out there? From what I hear there not to good. Think before you pull the trigger, at least aim for the drake. Let's get the numbers back up for the future hunters. :thumbsup:
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby diverduckduster » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Mmm who doesn't like spoon tang :grooving:
diverduckduster
hunter

Postby pork4life » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:51 pm

We actually shot the most mallards then we ever have last Saturday.........Almost all of the blinds in our area limited on greenheads, well after we shot our hens as well.
Rick Hall wrote:If you look close, you'll see "momma" has a pecker.
pork4life
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting