Mallards

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: Mallards

Postby jim1752 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:46 am

just remember that any of the free advise or free info on the internet that you read is worth exactly what you paid for it,NOTHING! jim sheetz
jim1752
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 am

Privileged hunter wrote:My friends and family have all agreed to stop shooting mallards for the remainder of the season. Due to the lack of water mallards are going to have a rough 2014. If you think the mallard population has been bad wait till next year. So if your a true waterfowler and have a love for the birds you'll do the same and spread the word.

Let's see what you consider a pile of greenheads. I...just can't believe anyone would try and convince me to quit shooting greenheads.
NUH UH.
AINT HAPPENING.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:50 am

Nope
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1389030590719.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1389030569299.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1389030553132.jpg
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Gay is OK spriggy :) You can come on out of that closet any day and be free be free I say be free...

Just kidding now don't get all excited like last time and go off and start the name calling and the like it is just fun

Like I have said many times this site and others like it are actually funny due to the questions asked or statements made..

So lets see where this goes
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:It's all about the long term average... Not what you predict the weather could be. We could have one hell of a wet spring and summer. The last report I read had the mallard at 10.4 million birds in 2013 down from 10.6 million in 2012 but at 26% above the long term average.

The northern pintail and lesser/ greater scaup are sadly 17% below long term average. So... If we go by data and you want to make a statement don't shoot any more pintail or scaup. Old Mr. Greenhead is doing just fine. So shoot em up if you can. With in your legal parameters of course.

The thing about the water situation is... Just because it is dry in your back forty does not mean it is dry in the duck factory of the midwest or the boreal forests of Canada. USFS recorded substantial habitat improvements in 2013 from 2012.

If you want to see something sad... Drive around with me during hay cutting season. Nest after nest destroyed during the first cuts.

Another thread full of gay won't you say.

Sure is Dr Sues... Lol why you gotta highlight my post for the gay comment? Hahaha :mad: :lol:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby sprigpig1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:25 pm

This thread went to $hit real quick lol :yes:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:28 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Privileged hunter wrote:My friends and family have all agreed to stop shooting mallards for the remainder of the season. Due to the lack of water mallards are going to have a rough 2014. If you think the mallard population has been bad wait till next year. So if your a true waterfowler and have a love for the birds you'll do the same and spread the word.

Let's see what you consider a pile of greenheads. I...just can't believe anyone would try and convince me to quit shooting greenheads.
NUH UH.
AINT HAPPENING.

Only In ca would you here this.

Privileged hunter you should post your request in the wa and org section and see how they feel.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Oops... Sorry
image.jpg

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:49 pm

sprigpig1 wrote:Oops... Sorry
image.jpg

Screw the rice looks like I need to come up to high country and shoot some green.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Ok! I promise not to shoot at ducks in local park with green head. I'll stop right now! I promise to be a true waterfowler every year.
I'm happy, happy happy that ducks with green head will not suffer ever again. Everyone help me save duck with green head please!
Just trying to lighten the mood...
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oops that's just ducks and geese...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Duckmansmoon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Didn't DU or other waterfowl group do a long term study and find out that refraining from shooting hens really didn't affect the population as once thought? Perhaps I will take 3 seconds and look it up.

http://www.wildfowlmag.com/dead-hens-do ... males.html

Point was shoot hens if you want, don't shoot them if you want and lay of the guy who shoots hens.
Duckmansmoon
hunter

Postby yellowlabhunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 pm

rm85 is this you?
yellowlabhunter
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Did I not tell you this post was going to go to Sh it HUH HUH HUH :help: :help: :help:
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby goosehappy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:44 pm

slowshooter wrote:What possesses people to cook this stuff up? If you want to help the birds, force your city government to stop issuing building permits that create more suburbs - or build even further out.

Habitat is where it's at. Folks give themselves way to much credit for affecting the bird numbers.

:thumbsup: and how about not having so many kids and opposing abortion. Overpopulation of humans leads to loss of wildlife habitat not only from city building but also farming and energy production.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Some of us aren't so privileged.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:19 pm

sprigs4days wrote:Some of us aren't so privileged.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Well I suppose if I was hunting highly private land like "Priveledged Hunter" I could pass up a few mallards here and there due to the fact that I would have plenty of cornfed sprig,widgeon, teal, gaddy's and geese to target but since I do not have that kind of "special access"I will continue to shoot mallards.
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby zkalinowski » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

sprigpig1 wrote:This thread went to $hit real quick lol :yes:

I'd say any thread that starts with someone telling us not to shoot greenheads kinda started that way :lol3:
All your spoonies are belong to us
zkalinowski
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:55 pm

yellowlabhunter wrote:

rm85 is this you?

Kinda what I am thinking. This guys should have a 30 day ban for such a bad troll thread.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Privileged hunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Well, I'm not suprised by the responses. The mallards you kill are born and raised here in california . Not the duck factory,boreal forest,tundra. Forget about the long term ave.they have you fooled. If we don't get heavy rains the mallards will suffer like you've never seen. As far as true waterfowler you know who you are.
Privileged hunter
hunter

Postby deltahunter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 am

What a troll!! No one can possibly be serious about this. Your just a bird watching, tree hugging, granola munching anti-hunter looking to cause problems. The rest of us are the true waterfowlers. You are the true dou###!!!
deltahunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:03 am

Privileged hunter wrote:Well, I'm not suprised by the responses. The mallards you kill are born and raised here in california . Not the duck factory,boreal forest,tundra. Forget about the long term ave.they have you fooled. If we don't get heavy rains the mallards will suffer like you've never seen. As far as true waterfowler you know who you are.

Speak for yourself. My mallards quack with a canadian accent.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:25 am

slowshooter wrote:
Privileged hunter wrote:Well, I'm not suprised by the responses. The mallards you kill are born and raised here in california . Not the duck factory,boreal forest,tundra. Forget about the long term ave.they have you fooled. If we don't get heavy rains the mallards will suffer like you've never seen. As far as true waterfowler you know who you are.

Speak for yourself. My mallards quack with a canadian accent.

Lol whatcha talkin aboot aay slow ?

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby yellowdog53 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:33 am

Is this a lot of mallards??? Just asking

[url][URL=http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/jrfeb12/media/IMAG0343_zpsfa9c13d3.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

No they are not all hens either so everyone relax...
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:18 am

That truckload exceedes my lifetime total...
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting