Mendota trash

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Mendota trash

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm

duckdoa wrote:Bring 6 small mag lights and hang them on the tules with rubber bands facing the road in various tule patches. If there's wind they move a little.
Works every time...secret isnout

First experienced this at San Luis during the late 80's. Kinda bush league if you ask me. You want to control a pond/area..... find more friends to hunt with.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Stick with kern. The only time u get stepped on out there is when the refills start happening. Avoiding Mendota for the rest of the season
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:09 am

"Bush league"? "Control a pond"? You are probably the dude who sets up within 60 yards of me in the dark all silent and without a headlamp in the rule patch on my backside after I beat you to the area you just "had" to hunt! Instead of going somewhere else like a man you ruin my hunt with your idiotic ways... So I have had to adapt to keep people at least 150 yards or so away per the regulations and proper etiquette (look it up) so I can keep a spot, not a pond to myself.
Even though you complain I bet within 3 years you will do the same...
Live and learn, I'm a hunter, I plan, execute and win.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oops that's just ducks and geese...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:17 am

duckdoa wrote:"Bush league"? "Control a pond"? You are probably the dude who sets up within 60 yards of me in the dark all silent and without a headlamp in the rule patch on my backside after I beat you to the area you just "had" to hunt! Instead of going somewhere else like a man you ruin my hunt with your idiotic ways... So I have had to adapt to keep people at least 150 yards or so away per the regulations and proper etiquette (look it up) so I can keep a spot, not a pond to myself.

It is bush league.flash light wars. How old are we. You type of people are the reason I bailed on the rufuges. Best descion I have made for hunting. I may shoot less birds in my two tanks but I have not had a hunt ruined in years by yahoo that are owed the world.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:11 am

duckdoa wrote:"Bush league"? "Control a pond"? You are probably the dude who sets up within 60 yards of me in the dark all silent and without a headlamp in the rule patch on my backside after I beat you to the area you just "had" to hunt! Instead of going somewhere else like a man you ruin my hunt with your idiotic ways... So I have had to adapt to keep people at least 150 yards or so away per the regulations and proper etiquette (look it up) so I can keep a spot, not a pond to myself.

Yeah.... I'll say it again.... BUSH LEAGUE!!
Don't flatter yourself..... Have never set up "60 yards" from you, or anyone for that matter.
Fortunately I don't have to deal with the crap on refuges.... have long since stopped hunting them. During the time I did hunt on refuges, 30+ years, I came into contact with all types of personalities. Most were pleasant, though there were those self centered hunters who didn't give a damn about etiquette.
My "idiotic ways"?? To the best of my knowledge I've never met you, I'm sure I'd remember someone who "plans, executes, and wins"...... give me a break.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:30 am

If you don't hunt refuges why are you posting about current issues acting like you are one of us still? Busted yourself grasshopper. To chest pound and put down?
That's like commenting and complaining about your 4th grade teacher when your 38 years old? Kinda juvenile. I refuse to have a war of wits with an unarmed person. Try harder next time..
Actually next year I'll be getting a drone with an infrared camera and audible alarm to let me know you are sneaking in on me.
:hi:
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 am

duckdoa wrote:If you don't hunt refuges why are you posting about current issues acting like you are one of us still? Busted yourself grasshopper. To chest pound and put down?
That's like commenting and complaining about your 4th grade teacher when your 38 years old? Kinda juvenile. I refuse to have a war of wits with an unarmed person. Try harder next time..
Actually next year I'll be getting a drone with an infrared camera and audible alarm to let me know you are sneaking in on me.

Yep..... same issues as 30 years ago. Keep talking and further prove my point. Once again.... don't flatter yourself.... I was never "one of you". :fingerpt:

Have a good rest of the season.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Probably from the Azores...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Not the road you want to go down.....

Let it go Killer.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Well said he who lives and maybe hunts in the awesome, by awesome I mean "dead" marsh of marshes...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Uhhh... ok. :rolleyes:
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:04 pm

duckdoa wrote:If you don't hunt refuges why are you posting about current issues acting like you are one of us still? Busted yourself grasshopper. To chest pound and put down?

I never said I don't hunt refuges. I just said the system is a joke. But you are a perfect example of the people I try to avoid in the filed. Thanks for proving my point.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Portuguese Duck Slayer wrote:

Yep..... same issues as 30 years ago. Keep talking and further prove my point. Once again.... don't flatter yourself.... I was never "one of you". :fingerpt:

Have a good rest of the season.

Beat me to it.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Sorry Sarge, I was not referring to you. Your post went up as I was responding to PDS.
When someone tells me I'm bush league they are going to get an earful.
I know how to outwit, outsmart and outplay other refuge hunters most of the time. If I care to share my info that is my prerogative.
To judge me as I help someone who might otherwise be subjected to the idiots who come in and set up next to you is asking for it.
Most of the time the flashlights keep the people from entering the water from the road. They can't "see" you out there and start to go to a spot they think isn't taken yet. Once someone has sloshed 300 yards into a pond they won't go back even after spotting you out there. Seen it too many times. If they are polite I will often hunt with them (surprise) or suggest the next hole over. Or they become my friend and we cover both sides of a hole. To those who don't think it's a competition out there, they are fools...
I have never yelled at someone and have apologized for my mistakes many times too.
As duly pointed out, it's a different bush league ball game out there. It's not Flashlight wars it's survival of the fittest. The flashlight wars happen every day at every fuge and I just step it up a notch to help assure I'm not encroached upon.
I'm the guy who can and does relocate too, I stay light, don't use a cart and blow a mean widgeon whistle.
Everyone has the right to their opinion but once the line is crossed and name calling begins I can and will be pulling out my claws to everyone who crossed that line.
My posts have been full of suggestions and some helpful info to those willing to listen. Some just fall on deaf ears.. Maybe from too much shooting? I have never name called anyone until today. So ends my session on Mendota trash.
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:38 pm

duckdoa wrote:Sorry Sarge, I was not referring to you. Your post went up as I was responding to PDS.
When someone tells me I'm bush league they are going to get an earful.
I know how to outwit, outsmart and outplay other refuge hunters most of the time. If I care to share my info that is my prerogative.
To judge me as I help someone who might otherwise be subjected to the idiots who come in and set up next to you is asking for it.
Most of the time the flashlights keep the people from entering the water from the road. They can't "see" you out there and start to go to a spot they think isn't taken yet. Once someone has sloshed 300 yards into a pond they won't go back even after spotting you out there. Seen it too many times. If they are polite I will often hunt with them (surprise) or suggest the next hole over. Or they become my friend and we cover both sides of a hole. To those who don't think it's a competition out there, they are fools...
I have never yelled at someone and have apologized for my mistakes many times too.
As duly pointed out, it's a different bush league ball game out there. It's not Flashlight wars it's survival of the fittest. The flashlight wars happen every day at every fuge and I just step it up a notch to help assure I'm not encroached upon.
I'm the guy who can and does relocate too, I stay light, don't use a cart and blow a mean widgeon whistle.
Everyone has the right to their opinion but once the line is crossed and name calling begins I can and will be pulling out my claws to everyone who crossed that line.
My posts have been full of suggestions and some helpful info to those willing to listen. Some just fall on deaf ears.. Maybe from too much shooting? I have never name called anyone until today. So ends my session on Mendota trash.

Didn't see any name calling. Your action are bush league I am pretty sure we both said, is not name calling. It's our opinion. Are we not allowed to speak that on a public fourm. :beer:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting