Delevan Blinds

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Delevan Blinds

Postby msheldon8 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 pm

What's up guys looking for some info on the blinds at delevan.. are they all 3 or 4 man? And how high of a ressi is needed to snag a blind? Also the ressi is for Sunday so I'm just wondering how it typically shoots? Thanks for the info!
msheldon8
hunter

Re: Delevan Blinds

Postby spoonysmaker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:00 pm

msheldon8 wrote:What's up guys looking for some info on the blinds at delevan.. are they all 3 or 4 man? And how high of a ressi is needed to snag a blind? Also the ressi is for Sunday so I'm just wondering how it typically shoots? Thanks for the info!

No blinds. They are blind sights. Aka a mud mound you have to stay within a 100 feet of. You need at least a number 30 to be sure to get at least a crappy pond. And Sundays there are no birds. :hi:
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby KenaiHunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:17 pm

:lol: That's pretty accurate
KenaiHunter
hunter

Postby zink freak » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Sunday's have been very slow
zink freak
hunter

Postby msheldon8 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 am

Ok I'll still go, never been before and want to check it out. Still curious how many guys can hunt one of the "mounds" haha? Looks like some weather on Saturday and some 10 mph winds Sunday so maybe we'll get lucky.
msheldon8
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 am

msheldon8 wrote:Ok I'll still go, never been before and want to check it out. Still curious how many guys can hunt one of the "mounds" haha? Looks like some weather on Saturday and some 10 mph winds Sunday so maybe we'll get lucky.

All this information is available in the regulation booklet. It's pretty evident how many people actually have one let alone look through it!

You can take 4 people.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby msheldon8 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 am

I appreciate the info I have a reg booklet sorry I missed that. Having said that, Being condescending on a forum doesn't make people want to contribute....a lot of the responses are somewhat childish on here and it makes guys like me not want to post. Not trying to be a jerk but we haven't all been doing this for many years.
msheldon8
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 am

msheldon8 wrote:I appreciate the info I have a reg booklet sorry I missed that. Having said that, Being condescending on a forum doesn't make people want to contribute....a lot of the responses are somewhat childish on here and it makes guys like me not want to post. Not trying to be a jerk but we haven't all been doing this for many years.

Not trying to be a jerk either but looking at your past posts all our seems live you've done is ask ask ask. Don't see much contributing.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:16 am

Im in total agrrement with sheldon. No need to be a shithead. He had a few ??'s If you didnt like them, don't answer them, and pull the stick out of your ass's
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby NorCalDuckHunter24 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:19 am

Look like they got hit by a nuclear BOMB. Pretty big disappointment on my last two top 10 draws a Delevan. Get out to a wide open pond to find the blind marker pole in the middle of a stomped down tule patch. Nowhere to hide. I know theres gotta be revenue from us hunters somewhere. Where is it going? Do some real work to the north valley refuges. PS Plant millo at LDC like Closed Zone Farms Does and you might get some Pheasants back. That pheasant video at czf clearly show where all the pheasant in the whole valley are.
NorCalDuckHunter24
hunter

Postby das mudhen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:32 am

Exactly, bomb went off, just go, no secret, Helen Keller could feel the lack of cover...

But, at least it's there for the public to use...

das mudhen
"Lighten up Francis"

Sgt. Hulka
das mudhen
hunter

Postby picciuto » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
msheldon8 wrote:I appreciate the info I have a reg booklet sorry I missed that. Having said that, Being condescending on a forum doesn't make people want to contribute....a lot of the responses are somewhat childish on here and it makes guys like me not want to post. Not trying to be a jerk but we haven't all been doing this for many years.

Not trying to be a jerk either but looking at your past posts all our seems live you've done is ask ask ask. Don't see much contributing.

When you first started hunting didn't you just ask ask ask? You have to learn so much before you contribute :huh: ... Just my .02 cents!
picciuto
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Im in total agrrement with sheldon. No need to be a shithead. He had a few ??'s If you didnt like them, don't answer them, and pull the stick out of your ass's

And I answered his questions. And also stated a fact about where he can find the information regarding where he could find the number of people allowed in on a reservation so maybe next time he has the same question about another place he doesn't have to ask again.
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby msheldon8 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Next time I'll check the reg book for sure. As far as contributing I hope to be able to more of as the years go on and I pick more knowledge up. Thanks guys.
msheldon8
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Don't sweat it man. Asking questions is okay as long at you aren't asking for guide directions to a specific spot.

If you are starting out just asking the question can start conversations. And conversations are good.

Hope you do well this weekend.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:10 pm

msheldon8 wrote:Next time I'll check the reg book for sure. As far as contributing I hope to be able to more of as the years go on and I pick more knowledge up. Thanks guys.

If you head down to kern because it's closer than delevan let me know. Pretty sure it always shoots better too. The averages are a Jk cuz most of these guys can't hunt. I've limited everytine I get out there. Let me know
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby msheldon8 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Wanapasaki I've never tried kern I typically go to Los Banos refuges or Mendota unless I get a draw. I have some buddies that go down to Kern on occasion and do well but they have gone and not been able to get on the refuge which made me nervous to
try it. I always like to try new places out though so I'd definitely join you thanks for the invite.
msheldon8
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 pm

4 people per blind space or assigned pond at Delevan. Good luck!
Mattquack
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting