Gonna be a long trip

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Gonna be a long trip

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:30 am

With trips planned to grizz and sac these next weekends from Reno, my ressi I just pulled for Kern is going to make those seem like a stroll in the park. 6 hours there, hunt, 6 hours back. I need a redbull just thinking about it. The things we endure for duck hunting. Hope everybody has a safe and successfull last couple of weeks. Good thing I got a guy going with me up for the trip.
You know who you are...
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Re: Gonna be a long trip

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 am

If you need a place to crash for your sac one I got an empty room if you want to shorten the drive a bit. Maybe come down a day earlier if you don't work and we can go out to the rice and shoot some geese.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby berdnird » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 am

Seems like a lot of people really spend some time on the road and overnight camping to shoot birds. I respect your dedication, but I don't usually venture more than an hour to find some birds, except for the occasional Tule Lake/Lower Klamath trip. I just can't justify burning a whole weekend to shoot a few birds (maybe more, maybe less).
berdnird
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:If you need a place to crash for your sac one I got an empty room if you want to shorten the drive a bit. Maybe come down a day earlier if you don't work and we can go out to the rice and shoot some geese.

I appreciate that Danko. might take you up on that. Ressi is for Sunday if your not hunting your blind that day your welcome to go. High 20s ressi. As for now got one more guy coming with me.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:11 pm

sprigpig1 wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:If you need a place to crash for your sac one I got an empty room if you want to shorten the drive a bit. Maybe come down a day earlier if you don't work and we can go out to the rice and shoot some geese.

I appreciate that Danko. might take you up on that. Ressi is for Sunday if your not hunting your blind that day your welcome to go. High 20s ressi. As for now got one more guy coming with me.

It's only about 30 min from my place. What weekend is will it be. I think if the 49ers lose it will be a no doubt I will be down to go.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:

It's only about 30 min from my place. What weekend is will it be. I think if the 49ers lose it will be a no doubt I will be down to go.

They will.. Lol jk

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 am

sprigpig1 wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:

They will.. Lol jk

It's a 330 game so I would be down to roll.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
sprigpig1 wrote:

They will.. Lol jk

It's a 330 game so I would be down to roll.

:thumbsup:

sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:26 am

This is what I like to see. Good people out there, may be far and few between, but still there.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 am

Duck_Popper wrote:

This is what I like to see. Good people out there, may be far and few between, but still there.

I'm just worried cause he didn't clarify... No homo?
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 am

Tyrtruion wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:

I'm just worried cause he didn't clarify... No homo?

:yes:

You can come play to.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:49 am

Duck_Popper wrote:

This site is good for something. Met a lot of cool guys and made some good friendships along the way.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:

This site is good for something. Met a lot of cool guys and made some good friendships along the way.

X2. Just not with danko..... yet. :thumbsup:
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:

I think we hunted next to each other at sac earlier In the year. You are the only one in the state with that big of a cart.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:

I think we hunted next to each other at sac earlier In the year. You are the only one in the state with that big of a cart.

One of the southern blinds?
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:33 pm

It's like Bigfoot...
Rumors abound but no viable pictures to be found...

I bet this giant cart doesn't really exist

But I must say... Mines starting to get kinda large... Jet sled XL. Ugh. Good thing there hasn't been any weather. Pushing it through mud would be hell
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Tyrtruion wrote:It's like Bigfoot...
Rumors abound but no viable pictures to be found...

I bet this giant cart doesn't really exist

But I must say... Mines starting to get kinda large... Jet sled XL. Ugh. Good thing there hasn't been any weather. Pushing it through mud would be hell
Attachments
rps20140110_145950.jpg
rps20140110_150100.jpg
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

It does exist!!!
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:13 pm

spoonysmaker wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:

One of the southern blinds?

Not 100% but I want to say we were in 11
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting