Late Season Success?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Late Season Success?

Postby terenceb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 am

Hey Guys,

Wanted to check in to see how everyone's late season has been shaping up. I haven't made it out since the end of December (caught a cold, work, and family issues pile up), and was wondering if anyone has experienced recent success. All season, all I experienced was call shy ducks and ducks that wouldn't work into the decoys. Not complaining because I got my first Canvasbacks this year, but it hasn't been as active a season as in years past.

Hope everyone had a good New Years, and good luck as the season comes to a close. Hopefully we can get some rains next year :(
terenceb
hunter

Re: Late Season Success?

Postby Hntn Dux » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:53 am

Waking up in the morning is the only success I've had recently...sad
Hntn Dux
hunter

Postby Mean Gene » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:01 am

I've already done my last hunt for the year, but it was a good year. Birds were always in the area, just had to move around to find the. Numbers were up and down, pretty much like normal.
Mean Gene
hunter

Postby terenceb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:17 am

Congrats on the successful last hunt! With this drought, I think it will be an early trip to the Sierras to do some trout fishing for me :(
terenceb
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Maybe a few more birds on the west side of Suisun Marsh...... not much of a difference from earlier in the season. Birds get chased from one club to another. Possible weather tomorrow..... will be interesting if it helps.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby Limitsx10 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:41 pm

IMAG0845 web.jpg

We picked up these 3 plus a few teal and probably should have had a few more last weekend.
Good luck to everyone with the last few weeks of the season.
Limitsx10
hunter

Postby terenceb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Nice! I'd be a happy camper with a mallard and limit of Canvasbacks. Congrats! Given me the itch to try and get out now!
terenceb
hunter

Postby norcalduckaholic » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Late season has been nice to me. Way better than last year, that's forsure.
norcalduckaholic
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting