Suisun marsh clubs opinions?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Suisun marsh clubs opinions?

Postby Petestella » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Been looking at a club for next year North Valley suisun marsh. Yes I believe North is better but thinking better value in the marsh. St germain can buy a seasons shoots $6000.00. Other equity clubs 30k to 40k good ones 80k still a lot cheaper than sink clubs. I live in Crockett so a lot closer makes it easier to shoot on wedsdays then get back to work.As a 18 year old spent a summer working on Rich Island building decks and planting trees. Shot it few times as guest 20 years ago no it's not what it's use to be. Would love to hear some options were to look what areas are good shooters. What clubs are trying to improve there habitats and whose not. Thanks in advance.
Petestella
hunter

Re: Suisun marsh clubs opinions?

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:42 am

I was a guest at Rich Island about 5 years ago..... nice club and group of guys. I think at that time they wanted 6K per year.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:00 am

Be aware of annual dues and possible improvement fees. Your "buy in price", like any form of real estate , will have seasonal overhead costs. Taxes, water, insurance, maintenance, etc. And, sometimes guys are selling their share due to a big expense coming up...new well, road, or club house remodel.Just remember, check the assets and bank account before you buy in. The two most common selling reasons guys give is they are getting too old or moving. My guess is that many opportunities will come up this Spring.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Petestella » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks good advice. Yes that is one thing that would scare me those clubs that have a lot levees around the bay when they go a lot money to repair. Looking at big assements. I think I can come up with some money for the initial purchase and around $5000.00 yearly dues but a 20 k bill after anything else is not doable.
Petestella
hunter

Postby Petestella » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 pm

A little more insight. What I am looking for is yes a place to shoot some ducks but more a good group of guys a place to call home. I would love to be evolved and learn about improving habitat on the club. I am 45 so able to work hard I ran ranches for a time of in my life so I love the outdoors and the environment. A place big enough that I don't have to always hunt the same blind and feel I have a say in the place. If anybody has some insights would love to hear them if you want to not make it to public PM me thanks in advance any info is appreciated!
Petestella
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Portuguese Duck Slayer wrote:I was a guest at Rich Island about 5 years ago..... nice club and group of guys. I think at that time they wanted 6K per year.

If I am not mistaken: You have to buy a membership from a member of Rich Island (Which includes you room and whatever the guy leaves you-boat/decoys/gear etc) and annual dues are 6,500 a year.
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:43 pm

PetriDuck wrote:
Portuguese Duck Slayer wrote:I was a guest at Rich Island about 5 years ago..... nice club and group of guys. I think at that time they wanted 6K per year.

If I am not mistaken: You have to buy a membership from a member of Rich Island (Which includes you room and whatever the guy leaves you-boat/decoys/gear etc) and annual dues are 6,500 a year.

Your probably right, though for some reason I thought they had two different memberships available...... proprietor and non. Could be wrong though.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting