Grey lodge

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Grey lodge

Postby DUCKINout » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Anybody know how Grey lodge is shooting ? Might head that way in the morning. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
DUCKINout
hunter

Re: Grey lodge

Postby Dbag » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Left at 10.00, average was under 1, long sweat line.
Dbag
hunter

Postby DUCKINout » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Damn it do you think it would help any with a rezi ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
DUCKINout
hunter

Postby ericwjennings » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Was there this morning, with the weather and wind you would have thought it would be pretty good. Was pretty terrible on the easy side where we were. Lots of birds flying in from the rice but the birds were sky high and nothing wanted to work, not even spoonies. I was pretty disappointed with the morning, as I had much better shoots at Gray Lodge this year when it was sunny and warm than today. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow my good man, I hope you have a better shoot than we did.
I'm an old snipe hunter from waaay back...
ericwjennings
hunter

Postby bellabitch » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:16 pm

you should definitely go. Even though it will be really busy in the morning - you have a ressie. It is super slow but what a beautiful place to spend the day. It is not always about getting ducks. If it were you would be in line at Delevan.
bellabitch
hunter

Postby pooahl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:37 pm

I spent the day there; just got home. 2 birds. 2 million hunters. Seriously, when the tag numbers exceed 250, you can assume things may get cozy. NOT MUCH morning flight where I was. I had hoped today's weather would make it like last weekend but better.... nope. I don't know what the average was, but there was clearly less shooting than expected, especially considering the number of hunters. If this were always easy, it wouldn't be so much fun.
pooahl
Newb

Return to California Duck Hunting