sac

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

sac

Postby Kernkilla » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Top 15 reservation Wednesday. Woo. Bring on the grinds. Hopefully.....
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am


Re: sac

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 pm

Bring the sun screen. Woo. High of 75.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 am

75? Whaaat? And I didnt even check the weather forecast 10 times in the last 5 days.
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 am

Kernkilla wrote:75? Whaaat? And I didnt even check the weather forecast 10 times in the last 5 days.


Good luck there's no birds
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 am

spoonysmaker wrote:
Kernkilla wrote:75? Whaaat? And I didnt even check the weather forecast 10 times in the last 5 days.


Good luck there's no birds


How did is it shoot for you on Sunday. Sprig invited me to roll with him on Sunday before the 49er game.
Oh well pulled number 2 for Howard on the last Wednesday of there season.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: sac

Postby greenomics » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 am

Sac was sloooow on Sunday. Chose a decent blind and never had a bird in range.
greenomics
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: Davis, CA

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
Kernkilla wrote:75? Whaaat? And I didnt even check the weather forecast 10 times in the last 5 days.


Good luck there's no birds


How did is it shoot for you on Sunday. Sprig invited me to roll with him on Sunday before the 49er game.
Oh well pulled number 2 for Howard on the last Wednesday of there season.


Shot like crap on Sunday. .9 bird average. Chose a blind that killed 23 birds on Saturday. We got 5 and only missed one other opportunity. Zillions of geese up high. There biologist said all the birds left to the other side of the valley on Friday..... you should get into them good that last Wednesday. All I drew was grizzly :fingerhead:
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby fullpattern » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:33 pm

I drew #5, and won't be going due to a good private duck club invite.
"If you call they will come" 2013-14 birds. days in field 26
50 grn wings 19 spoon 11 mal 6 rings 5 gad 3 wig 3 sprig
3 cin 4 cans 1 scaup 3 specks 1 Ross 1 snow
fullpattern
hunter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm
Location: Novato, CA

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:13 am

.
Last edited by Kernkilla on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 am

Kernkilla wrote:Not bad for no birds. 12 ducks 3 geese. 10 gadwalls.


How far you drive for that? And between how many people?
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby yellowdog53 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 am

The Kilas on the loose the posse will be enroute look out Sac here comes da kilas..... :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
yellowdog53
hunter
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 am

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:38 am

More haters. Bet both of you sat on the couch and watched duck dynasty reruns all day. How far we drove and how many guns is irrelevant. Quit changing the subject. You saiiid no birds. Theres plenty of birds in that refuge. If you didnt get it done that Sunday you went, thats on you. Dont try and bring other people down with your negative comments.
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 am

Kernkilla wrote:More haters. Bet both of you sat on the couch and watched duck dynasty reruns all day. How far we drove and how many guns is irrelevant. Quit changing the subject. You saiiid no birds. Theres plenty of birds in that refuge. If you didnt get it done that Sunday you went, thats on you. Dont try and bring other people down with your negative comments.


Haha that's funny. We shot almost as many birds as you did yesterday on a grasslands refuge between two guns.... and if there was plenty of birds where's the pictures of full straps? Fact is there is nowhere near as many birds there as there should be at this time. Coming from someone who probably has only hunted the refuge once I'd say you my friend obviously don't know what it's like when there is actually birds there
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 am

No. Fact is u sucked on sunday. And you saiiiid NO birds
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 am

Kernkilla wrote:No. Fact is u sucked on sunday. And you saiiiid NO birds


If you say so big guy. Like everyone else. Tough guy online. That's what I consider no birds my friend. When you only have an opportunity at 6 birds and you come away with 5 I'd say that's pretty good odds. Especially when the average isn't even 1 bird a hunter.... how many opportunities did you get to bag tho birds? How many times you walk back for shells? Do us all a favor and stay down south you killa you. :lol3:
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:24 am

All thats irrelevant. Im just saying to say there is no birds in that refuge is false
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am

Ya and I'll stay down south. Looks like we made those boys from up north look bad. Guy at the check station said we did better than most.
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 am

spoonysmaker wrote:
Kernkilla wrote:No. Fact is u sucked on sunday. And you saiiiid NO birds


If you say so big guy. Like everyone else. Tough guy online. That's what I consider no birds my friend. When you only have an opportunity at 6 birds and you come away with 5 I'd say that's pretty good odds. Especially when the average isn't even 1 bird a hunter.... how many opportunities did you get to bag tho birds? How many times you walk back for shells? Do us all a favor and stay down south you killa you. :lol3:


Spoon. It's another 12 year old. Be nice to the kids. They get excited when they kill things.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:51 am

I'm sorry you took the word "No" so literal.I guess I should have been more precise and used other words in describing the lack of birds at sac. My bad. Also you ever think about the fact that a duck is a migratory bird... and the fact that's it's supposed to be peak time for migration. You put two and two together it means new birds are arriving in the valley every day. Go back and hunt a Sunday and let's see if you even get 5 birds.... fact is still that I drove about 4 hours less and killed almost as many birds. Sad days when grasslands refuges are keeping up with the big boys up north. Oh and did I mention that 7 of them were teal that are much tastier and less greasy then all those Gadwall you killed? Or is that irrelevant too? God you complain like a women. "But that's not what you said....." It's the internet. Ever think maybe we're just trying to keep people away? You want to know where there is tons of birds everybody? Kern. Everyone go to kern. :hi:

Kernkilla wrote:Ya and I'll stay down south. Looks like we made those boys from up north look bad. Guy at the check station said we did better than most.


Yeah and those guys you aren't doing better then are like me. I'm not too familiar with the words did better then most.... one day you might be they guy that the check station guy says. "Wow most birds do far today" but I doubt it. Again...... how many times did you go back for shells?
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:52 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote:
Kernkilla wrote:No. Fact is u sucked on sunday. And you saiiiid NO birds


If you say so big guy. Like everyone else. Tough guy online. That's what I consider no birds my friend. When you only have an opportunity at 6 birds and you come away with 5 I'd say that's pretty good odds. Especially when the average isn't even 1 bird a hunter.... how many opportunities did you get to bag tho birds? How many times you walk back for shells? Do us all a favor and stay down south you killa you. :lol3:


Spoon. It's another 12 year old. Be nice to the kids. They get excited when they kill things.


Haha sorry sgt. I think he might be about 16. Old enough to get set straight in my opinion. :beer:
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Losers
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby spoonysmaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Kernkilla wrote:Losers


Still no answer huh? Just trying to save you from being a sky buster like everyone else. I used to be like you.... going back for shells as many times as needed to get a limit.... but iv grown to appreciate the outings and I no longer need a limit for it to be a great day. We coulda easily had limits yesterday if we went back for more shells.... but that's not what it's about anymore.....
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: sac

Postby Calikev » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Kernkilla wrote:Not bad for no birds. 12 ducks 3 geese. 10 gadwalls.


Weds vs. Sunday. The rested shoot days are always better at Sac unless there is a big weather change. It has been that way for years.

Jesus........why is it someone kills a few birds and they suddenly want to pound their chest?

It is just killing ducks...........
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: Oakdale

Re: sac

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Didnt pound anything cept beers at casa ramos. Just said not bad and that the no bird statement is incorrect. I didnt say annihilated the birds did I
Kernkilla
hunter
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Re: sac

Postby mendotakiller » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Looks like spoon got owned! I would love to shoot that many gads. good hunt!
mendotakiller
hunter
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests