grizzly Island last weekend

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

grizzly Island last weekend

Postby Noobhunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:30 pm

only ressis I have are for the 25/26 at grizzly island. I'll have a junior with me and prefer to hunt a blind. In the past when I hunted there I would get in line around 10pm and there would be plenty of blinds to pick from in the morning. Whats it like the last weekend, do people with Ressis line up alot earlier, do I need to worry about getting a blind?
Noobhunter
hunter

Re: grizzly Island last weekend

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Noobhunter wrote:only ressis I have are for the 25/26 at grizzly island. I'll have a junior with me and prefer to hunt a blind. In the past when I hunted there I would get in line around 10pm and there would be plenty of blinds to pick from in the morning. Whats it like the last weekend, do people with Ressis line up alot earlier, do I need to worry about getting a blind?

You should be able to get a blind. They don't go very fast. Freeroam has been shooting a lot better
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby WCOverUnder » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Ive been towards the front of the line in the Fill in line by getting there around 3:30 or so, and there were still a couple of blinds left in Pond 11.
WCOverUnder
hunter

Postby fully_loaded » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Just a little advice...Grizzly is my home refuge. If it comes down to blinds #1 or #2 and free roam, i would deff go free roam. Even if you dont have a spot, blinds #1 and #2 are the worst performing blinds at Grizzly. Just pick a popular parking lot (1,2,3 and 12 are the busiest) and find a spot in a pond a respectable distance away from anyone else. BRING A PAIR OF BINOCULARS with you to scout out birds that are not landing in your spot and be prepared to move around in morning. Do yourself another favor and pack light, 6 decoys are more than enough to get some action yet are quick to pick up and move around and don't require a cart to haul. If nothings else, you will build confidence with the refuge and be in a much better position to find the hot spots there in the future. Good luck and hope to see you out there sometime.
fully_loaded
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting