Mendota

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Mendota

Postby Feetup805 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:10 pm

There was actually a lot of birds. Better late than never. Wish I was going back Friday. Going to wister tho :( to another spec so that made the day right there. Good luck on the last weekend!
Feetup805
hunter

Re: Mendota

Postby quigby979 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Yes it was a good hunt. Lots of teal getting right in your face. I saw big ducks but nothing worked. The afternoon actually got active though. The teal kept coming. I shot my 25 and could only hit 4. They were too close and the full choke was not necessary. I needed a modified choke......and better eyes. Lol but it was a great day. I will put a picture up when I figure out how to do it off my phone.
quigby979
hunter

Postby Feetup805 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:46 pm

quigby979 wrote:Yes it was a good hunt. Lots of teal getting right in your face. I saw big ducks but nothing worked. The afternoon actually got active though. The teal kept coming. I shot my 25 and could only hit 4. They were too close and the full choke was not necessary. I needed a modified choke......and better eyes. Lol but it was a great day. I will put a picture up when I figure out how to do it off my phone.

Nice! It was a good day. Had fun. We got 4 wigeon 2 greenies 2 pintail for the bigger ducks. Then the rest teal and hollywoods.
Feetup805
hunter

Postby quigby979 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Hey Hunters around lot 5, I lost my banded jerk cord set up. Its a camo nylon bag and everything is inside. If found and your feeling honest pm me and I will buy you lunch. Thanks!
quigby979
hunter

Postby frankrizzo56 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Seemed like the birds were picky about where they wanted to be. Saw guys in a few parking lots mumbling and grumbling while other lots had smiles and high fives. Had the same type of hunt quigby.
2.8 avg on the last Wednesday there gonna flock there like the salmon of Capistrano

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
frankrizzo56
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting