THE ZOO

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

THE ZOO

Postby zapper » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:39 pm

So I was at the lodge today. walk in for an afternoon hunt. picked a spot out in a pond. birds just diving in here and there after we set up our spread. we shoot a couple birds. then all of a sudden, these guys that were hunting to the left of us just popped out of nowhere with their green plastic lawn chair and start walking in front of us, proceeding to sit DIRECTLY ACROSS from us and about 45 yards out. me and my partner hollared at them saying they are too close and we will be spraying each other. The idiot guy yells back, "we will shoot carefully" and then sits right in. They sit in there for an hour with NO DECOYS shooting at ALL our swing birds. Then all of a sudden has the audacity to yell at us saying to stop calling. Then it just heats up there and we are yelling at them like no tomorrow to get out as who told them to come shoot DIRECTLY in front of us. Eventually, we took off before end of shoot time as we got a few good birds already (should've limited with the amount of birds swinging right to us).

Always heard about this type of behavior at the zoo but have never experienced it until today. I wanted to walk over and just handle these 3 guys :hammer: :hammer:

If you idiots are on this forum, hopefully you read this. I wished I was able to take a better picture of you guys to show your idiot faces. :mad: :mad:
Attachments
idiots.jpg
zapper
hunter

Re: THE ZOO

Postby Jwaite » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 pm

That is way to close sorry you had that happen... WOW

JASON
Jwaite
hunter

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Dove hunters with waders...DHWW
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Come on please make a sticky for these rants. . We should get some good ones this weekend especially after du migration report calling out ldc and GL.

Everyone remember. Your shells will go bad in the off season so use up those last shells this weekend.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby JonD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:57 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Everyone remember. Your shells will go bad in the off season so use up those last shells this weekend.

Oh I know my shells will go bad, problem is I just bought a case of 3 1/2" BB's and an extra full super waterfowl destroyer choke tube.......I'm gonna be famous by the time this weekend is over especially now that we're posting pictures of people. I'll be sure to wear my finest brightly colored clothing and of course I'll get close enough so my face shows up in the picture....Hope to see you guys out there and good luck to everyone. :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
JonD
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:49 am

SGT

Where is that rant forum and why do guys feel the need to tell everyone on a forum about their experience?? Why not go to the local police station or to the check station and tell them rather then tell hunters who have nothing to do with it or can help change the situation?

If you dont know by now all DHC members do NOT participate in any kind of unethical hunting tactics so therefore just another rant that means nothing in the real of things and in the end who cares and what was the point other then to tell us about guys crowing you!!!! In case you don't know happens everytime this time of the year and will happen again this weekend too..

If you want to get away from this stuff join a club but then you will have a whole other set of issues... :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby quigby979 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 am

I thought this was a open forum, this is America, Right? We are allowed to post, express, tell any story we want and we have the freedom to rant, bitch, whine about anything. And if their is a different idea, thought, opinion we are allowed to respond. OR NOT RESPOND. So yellowdog, is it truely your nature to be negative about everything? I bet your a joy to hang out with, huh? Just wondering. Nothing personal but once in while change it up, offer some positive feedback or be helpful, come on man!!
quigby979
hunter

Postby Kernkilla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 am

quigby979 wrote:I thought this was a open forum, this is America, Right? We are allowed to post, express, tell any story we want and we have the freedom to rant, bitch, whine about anything. And if their is a different idea, thought, opinion we are allowed to respond. OR NOT RESPOND. So yellowdog, is it truely your nature to be negative about everything? I bet your a joy to hang out with, huh? Just wondering. Nothing personal but once in while change it up, offer some positive feedback or be helpful, come on man!!

That's funny. Well said. Complain about complaints. Pointless and wasting your time posting it.
Kernkilla
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 am

JonD wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Everyone remember. Your shells will go bad in the off season so use up those last shells this weekend.

Oh I know my shells will go bad, problem is I just bought a case of 3 1/2" BB's and an extra full super waterfowl destroyer choke tube.......I'm gonna be famous by the time this weekend is over especially now that we're posting pictures of people. I'll be sure to wear my finest brightly colored clothing and of course I'll get close enough so my face shows up in the picture....Hope to see you guys out there and good luck to everyone. :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Everyone should take pictures of the people that are close enough. Print them out and make wanted signs to post in the check station. Be on the look out for the DB.

Well if we are free to rant I heard the funniest crap ever yesterday while at our local NWR. And it happen to be by a DHC member that I won't name. He is at the check station with number ressie 1 and goes to the window and ask. Witch pond has all the mallards. I am only going to shoot 7 mallards. Then he knew my partner frequents the place. Comes up to him as well. Hey man witch pond has the mallards I only shoot mallards. Needles to say the first birds passing at 0 dark thirty were not mallards and he blast away. Then we have groups of specks working most of the morning until the yahoos would blast away at 65yards plus as our birds are gliding in nicely.
Ok now I feel better because DHC got to hear about what turned out to be a slow but a fun shoot.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby quigby979 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 am

LOL, most of what is said on here is pointless but most of the time entertaining.
quigby979
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:37 am

quigby979 wrote:LOL, most of what is said on here is pointless but most of the time entertaining.

It's good reading material while passing that morning dump
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Waynegor » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 am

My suggestion is move next to them and shooting together!
Waynegor
hunter

Postby JonD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Waynegor wrote:My suggestion is move next to them and shooting together!

Had a guy sneak in behind us at LDC earlier this year, we ended up just telling him to come hunt with us as soon as we realized he was there. He turned out to be a really good guy and we ended up having a good hunt.
JonD
hunter

Postby Gatordone » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Take out your knife. Tap your hand a couple of times. Call the check station and say you got peppered. Watch them get carted off and lose their card for a year. (Take video of them being @****** first so you have something to the warden).

I was actually at delevan this year with a 32 ressie (the only pull I got this year). They ran out of blinds at 31. So I was the first one on at free roam. 30 minutes before shoot time two people show up and put out 300 snow decoys. Takes them an hour and a half. They're flaring birds for the first hour of shoot. Then they complained to the ranger than I was too close. Then laughed at them and told them some lotto @****** don't have much clout against a guy who was first on free roam. I yelled at them for half an hour and got peppered twice. The rangers and the wardens told me they would never let it happen again and said I should have called the moment I got peppered. I played it cool and for my troubles they pulled me aside and gave me an X that I've walked on 3 times since and pulled out beautiful birds and never seen anyone within eyeshot distance. I'd rather join and shoot an underperforming club in the grasslands than deal with this kind of crap.
hunter

Postby zapper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:30 pm

i never knew you could call game warden or check station. next time i will keep in mind to pull out the camcorder and record it all! :mad: :mad:
zapper
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 pm

JonD wrote:
Waynegor wrote:My suggestion is move next to them and shooting together!

Had a guy sneak in behind us at LDC earlier this year, we ended up just telling him to come hunt with us as soon as we realized he was there. He turned out to be a really good guy and we ended up having a good hunt.

There is nothing worse than a nice crowder. Because if you ask them to hunt with you, the crowding behavior is reinforced. If you tell them to take a hike they won't...

It's the same kind of guy that will be your best friend until you think it's okay if he screws your sister. Sure everything is okay... But he's still screwing your sister. Opportunism with a smile is still opportunism.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby zink freak » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:02 pm

so here is the problem with the refuge system and this duck site.They both have way to many hunters from butte co.I know thos guys,their from biggs.lol
zink freak
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting