Refuge parking lot on Friday night

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Refuge parking lot on Friday night

Postby slowshooter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Hey Kids!
Did you have fun getting your drank on around the fire and keeping everyone else awake?

I quote: "WOOO WOOO!"

Woo Woo Hunters.... I thought they were only at Grey Lodge. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Refuge parking lot on Friday night

Postby Butta boom » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Public hunting is hunting with the public. You should have gotten out of bed and encouraged those utes to go to bed and register for Obama-Care in the AM.

Where is the energy on the left? Perhaps it might be time to hunt in a more controlled environment, a rice paddy all your own for the season?
Butta boom
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Were they smoking too? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: This may begin to explain some things.
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby darkwater27 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Butta boom wrote:Public hunting is hunting with the public. You should have gotten out of bed and encouraged those utes to go to bed and register for Obama-Care in the AM.

Where is the energy on the left? Perhaps it might be time to hunt in a more controlled environment, a rice paddy all your own for the season?

I know the season is over for most of us, but really you went political that fast......I sure hope your side wins the next time around, that way every thing will be fixed, or the blame game will suddenly become valid again...... :huh:
darkwater27
hunter

Postby Calikev » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:25 pm

The refuge I was at had the biggest idiots in a parking lot I've ever seen. They were letting off fireworks at 11pm and had their music so loud it sounded like it was in my camper. Then it turned even stranger when they started shooting fireworks at one another. My daughter couldn't believe it and I've never seen anything like it in all my years public refuge hunting. These idiots were literally hiding behind trucks from one another and shooting bottle rockets at each other. The check station is unmanned at this refuge. At one point they actually shot one that hit the brick check station wall. Unbelievable.

Finally about midnight they were so drunk they all passed out and they went to bed. I've never had a problem getting up and telling folks to be quiet but with this group of folks I figured I would be better off to stay quiet. I would have had 30 drunks to contend with and that isn't something I want my 13 year old to be part of.

I hope none of you were part of that crowd.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby RCN » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Calikev wrote:The refuge I was at had the biggest idiots in a parking lot I've ever seen. They were letting off fireworks at 11pm and had their music so loud it sounded like it was in my camper. Then it turned even stranger when they started shooting fireworks at one another. My daughter couldn't believe it and I've never seen anything like it in all my years public refuge hunting. These idiots were literally hiding behind trucks from one another and shooting bottle rockets at each other. The check station is unmanned at this refuge. At one point they actually shot one that hit the brick check station wall. Unbelievable.

Finally about midnight they were so drunk they all passed out and they went to bed. I've never had a problem getting up and telling folks to be quiet but with this group of folks I figured I would be better off to stay quiet. I would have had 30 drunks to contend with and that isn't something I want my 13 year old to be part of.

Dang... I noticed that Saturday night was a lot more crowded than Friday night at the San Luis/Salt Slough checkstation. I went to sleep fairly early, but nothing looked out of control there.

Was this in the Grasslands?
RCN
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Maybe it was the same place. I got there late.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:46 pm

darkwater27 wrote:
Butta boom wrote:Public hunting is hunting with the public. You should have gotten out of bed and encouraged those utes to go to bed and register for Obama-Care in the AM.

I know the season is over for most of us, but really you went political that fast......I sure hope your side wins the next time around, that way every thing will be fixed, or the blame game will suddenly become valid again...... :huh:

LOL! Dang that Obama for not allowing rain to hit california during the season! It's just another gun grabbing ploy by Eric Holder!
:lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby fish dog » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:27 am

Sounds like a call to the local Sheriff might be in order.

I just find it hard to believe people are so inconsiderate that they would keep their fellow hunters from sleeping by carrying on like this. Of course, these type don't really care about anyone but themselves (meaning that they have a good role model in the current POTUS, but that's another subject). The only (possible) good thing is these dolts may get themselves so drunk that they might not be able to get up in the morning and claim their spot on the refuge. I used to, in the good old days, go down to San Diego to go out on the party boats and chase albacore. There always seemed to be a faction on board the boats that enjoyed drinking to excess and playing cards all night on the way out. For me this was actually a good thing as it meant that there would be a few less people at the rail in the morning because these guys usually couldn't pull themselves out of their bunks until the day was well under way.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:09 am

Ahh good ole Kalifornication. A place where anything goes and there is no standards of any kind.

Sounds like a great place to live.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am

TomKat wrote:Ahh good ole Kalifornication. A place where anything goes and there is no standards of any kind.

Sounds like a great place to live.

Don't be jelly. It will drive you cray cray. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 pm

RCN wrote:
Calikev wrote:The refuge I was at had the biggest idiots in a parking lot I've ever seen. They were letting off fireworks at 11pm and had their music so loud it sounded like it was in my camper. Then it turned even stranger when they started shooting fireworks at one another. My daughter couldn't believe it and I've never seen anything like it in all my years public refuge hunting. These idiots were literally hiding behind trucks from one another and shooting bottle rockets at each other. The check station is unmanned at this refuge. At one point they actually shot one that hit the brick check station wall. Unbelievable.

Dang... I noticed that Saturday night was a lot more crowded than Friday night at the San Luis/Salt Slough checkstation. I went to sleep fairly early, but nothing looked out of control there.

Was this in the Grasslands?

It was Volta.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby darkwater27 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Just so things are clear these parking lot antics are post season juvi. hunts?

If this is the case there are some parents of the year out there for sure!
darkwater27
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:52 pm

darkwater27 wrote:Just so things are clear these parking lot antics are post season juvi. hunts?

If this is the case there are some parents of the year out there for sure!

Umm, how could that have happened tonight? This was last Friday night I believe.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby darkwater27 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:48 pm

my mistake, I payed more attention to when it was posted, than the subject line........
darkwater27
hunter

Postby duckdoa » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:15 pm

Wow! I hunted Volta for years and this never happened to that degree.
Everyone had some level of control and respect and the guys (20 to 30 year olds) partied but weren't that stupid or loud too late.
I would have called the Sheriff immediately and then Los Banos complex manager the next day. In my old days they would have had flat tires by the time they woke up to give them a life lesson! Actions and consequences still holds true...I'm sorry that happened to you and especially for your daughter.
Next year you 2 can come up to the rice if you want for a day. PM me if interested.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oops that's just ducks and geese...
duckdoa
hunter

Postby Kernkilla » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Guy at mendota had his truck stereo system blasting at midnight last Friday.
Kernkilla
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:44 am

Ive seen em shoot off fireworks the last weekend at mendota more than once. And kernkilla thats only normal! haha I dont know how those guys get up in the morning. Ive Heard guys untill 1:00 in the morning lol
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:36 pm

mendotakiller wrote: And kernkilla thats only normal! haha I dont know how those guys get up in the morning. Ive Heard guys untill 1:00 in the morning lol

meth
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting