Any anti vax guys still holding out?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Any anti vax guys still holding out?

Postby slowshooter » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:05 am

Curious if the death toll has changed your mind about H1N1. Even more curious why you think that you wouldn't infect others if you got sick.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Any anti vax guys still holding out?

Postby 3200 man » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:47 am

After having that SOB nurse run that 6" Q-tip up my nose until it touched the back of my head , the flu , cough, cough
is a sneeze , sneeze , sneeze piece of cake ! :lol3: :lol3:

Having a flu shot before Christmas , didn't keep me from getting the flu , ether ! :crying:
3200 man
hunter

Postby KenaiHunter » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Got the flu already, (it was pretty mild though, probably not the H1N1 strain). Every year I get a flu shot, I get the flu. When I don't get a flu shot, I don't get the flu :huh: ... Weird coincidence or not, I'll take my chances and brave the flu season unvacinated.
KenaiHunter
hunter

Postby 34 grains of Herco » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 pm

started getting the flu shot probably 10 years ago...haven't had the flu since then. Colds/bronchitis, usually once a year...stomach stuff when it's going around, wife brings it home from the school she works at...but that stuff isn't the flu. Anti vaccine people, especially the stuff for kids (whooping cough) drive me nuts. Daughter in law is a pediatrician...she lost young patients to that during her residency. Practice she works for now won't accept patients who haven't been vaccinated...won't risk the exposure to others. Don't blame her at all.
34 grains of Herco
hunter

Postby fish dog » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 pm

I have to get the flu shot by law where I work (a hospital) or wear a surgical mask from about November to March. Got the vaccine, also got the flu about 4 weeks ago. Down for a week. If they don't guess right on the strain of flu it does no good.

On a kind of a side note, everyone (due to media hype) is scared to death of west nile virus. West nile kills about 150 - 200 people a year (most immunity compromised or very old) and the good old flu kills about 30,000 to 60,000 a year, (sometimes much more depending on the strain). Which do you think is more dangerous?
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:13 pm

I aint scared
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Kernkilla » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:16 am

It is what it is
Kernkilla
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm

34 grains of Herco wrote:started getting the flu shot probably 10 years ago...haven't had the flu since then. Colds/bronchitis, usually once a year...stomach stuff when it's going around, wife brings it home from the school she works at...but that stuff isn't the flu. Anti vaccine people, especially the stuff for kids (whooping cough) drive me nuts. Daughter in law is a pediatrician...she lost young patients to that during her residency. Practice she works for now won't accept patients who haven't been vaccinated...won't risk the exposure to others. Don't blame her at all.

Oh man, if there is one thing that lights me up it's the dumbasses that don't vaccinate their kids for whooping cough. Nothing is tougher than watching a kid struggle to draw a single breath - then their infected kids infect other kids.

I keep imagining parents with quarter inch high foreheads speaking in monosyllables to the doctors, while trying to explain why they don't want their baby jabbed with a poison pokey stick.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby spoonysmaker » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Iv never gotten a flu shot and don't plan on it. On the other hand I'm not one to keep children from getting the vaccinations they need....
spoonysmaker
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Maybe you'll live.
slowshooter
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting