Spring goose hunt

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Spring goose hunt

Postby Cali_dukkiller07 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Jus wondering if anyone has some input on a good guide for the spring goose hunt, thank you
Cali_dukkiller07
hunter
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm


Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby ricemanff » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 pm

I am trying out Webfoot out of Oregon late Feb. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
"Ducks on The Water" The movie will be out one of these days
R.L.T. 3/23/81-6/27/04 Best duck hunting partner/brother ever
User avatar
ricemanff
hunter
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:30 am
Location: Ripon, CA

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby dukgtr187 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:06 pm

I've hunted with blosser outfitters numerous times. Always had a great time. Would be doin it this year if i wasnt currently deployed
dukgtr187
hunter
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby Tag stew » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 am

We are going with Greg with, River Valley Outfitters. First time with him, but have heard lots of good stuff about his operation and his customer service so far has been excellent.
Tag stew
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby ricemanff » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:47 am

For those of you that think of using a guide I would NOT and repeat NOT use Webfoot outfitters. Probably the Laziest non performing guide or hunter for that matter that I have ever hunted with. If the birds are flaring from the spread something is wrong. I had to ask a few times to see if we could change the spread since something was not right. Finally after asking a few times he finally said if that's what you think then try it. We adjusted the spread and finally got some birds. I think he is not very experienced if you have any questions please send me a PM
"Ducks on The Water" The movie will be out one of these days
R.L.T. 3/23/81-6/27/04 Best duck hunting partner/brother ever
User avatar
ricemanff
hunter
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:30 am
Location: Ripon, CA

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby ricemanff » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Tag stew wrote:We are going with Greg with, River Valley Outfitters. First time with him, but have heard lots of good stuff about his operation and his customer service so far has been excellent.


So how did you do? How was the experience? We are looking for a new guide for next year
"Ducks on The Water" The movie will be out one of these days
R.L.T. 3/23/81-6/27/04 Best duck hunting partner/brother ever
User avatar
ricemanff
hunter
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:30 am
Location: Ripon, CA

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby Frog Ponds » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am

ricemanff wrote:For those of you that think of using a guide I would NOT and repeat NOT use Webfoot outfitters. Probably the Laziest non performing guide or hunter for that matter that I have ever hunted with. If the birds are flaring from the spread something is wrong. I had to ask a few times to see if we could change the spread since something was not right. Finally after asking a few times he finally said if that's what you think then try it. We adjusted the spread and finally got some birds. I think he is not very experienced if you have any questions please send me a PM


I tried to warn you in an earlier post and you didn't respond. John is a scam artist and I told you to ask him why the license was now in his son's name. At least you didn't have your deposit taken and no hunt given but from the sounds of it you would have been better off.
Frog Ponds
hunter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby DuckFan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:57 pm

ricemanff wrote:
Tag stew wrote:We are going with Greg with, River Valley Outfitters. First time with him, but have heard lots of good stuff about his operation and his customer service so far has been excellent.


So how did you do? How was the experience? We are looking for a new guide for next year




I can't speak for tagstew, but here is a video from a hunt last week from River Valley Outfitters:


http://vimeo.com/87749765
Proud Life Member - CWA
Member - Delta Waterfowl
Member - Ducks Unlimited
User avatar
DuckFan
hunter
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: CA

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby Tag stew » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Rice,
We had a great time! Shot some birds, and met some good people.
Greg and his guides made for a good time! Quality dekes, blinds and plenty of good jokes and personal ribbing between a fun bunch of guy's. I would recommend him for sure.
Tag stew
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby ricemanff » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:43 am

Thanks for the info guys. We will be going back up again next year, with another guide so I will have to check more references this time. I do like that you guys both liked R V O
"Ducks on The Water" The movie will be out one of these days
R.L.T. 3/23/81-6/27/04 Best duck hunting partner/brother ever
User avatar
ricemanff
hunter
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:30 am
Location: Ripon, CA

Re: Spring goose hunt

Postby AJCsurf » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:51 am

I rented an unguided blind from RVO. Greg is a good guy and runs a great business. The unguided blind was top notch.
User avatar
AJCsurf
hunter
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: CA


Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests