Coming soon. ***** in Fremont.

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Coming soon. ***** in Fremont.

Postby slowshooter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 pm

***** will be inserting themselves into a retail space in Fremont. Considering what's happened with Bass Pro in a couple of places I just hope that ***** doesn't pull out early. It would be a shame to see them make a mess of a good thing.

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of *****. Mainly because they really need to work on their gun selection. The last time I went to ***** it was clear that their gun buyers really preferred pumping. Not many over and unders either. I would think that having a little over and under action might be cool - since dropping a couple of loads into both chambers always sounds fun. Of course, there are always going to those that prefer rimfire, but hey, that's what makes America great. The ability to shoot the way you want.

See you guys at the grand opening.

:grooving: :grooving:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Coming soon. ***** in Fremont.

Postby California Sprig » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 pm

I am surprised that they are putting a store in Fremont. The demographics of Fremont don't seem to support that kind of business. I lived there for over 20 years and then moved the hell out of the Bay Area 2 years ago. The population in Fremont is well over 50% Asian and middle eastern immigrants first generation. Not the demographics to support a sporting goods and gun store. Just doesn't seem like the place to put a ***** but I assume they have done their market research and think that is just a dandy location.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Yeah, it probably won't have a lot of hunting stuff. But I'm holding out hope. Probably will be a shoe and golf store.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Dukslayer26 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:50 pm

It looks like they are building a 2 story ***** in Pleasant Hill where the old Dome theatre was. It's not the greatest store but its a heck of a lot better then big 5 and Sports Authority. Recently Sports Authoroty got rid of all their fishing stuff!!!
I hunt cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!
Dukslayer26
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Wonder if Bass Pro still plans to come to San Jose...
slowshooter
hunter

Postby finsnfeathershunter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Sports Authority is nothing more than an overpriced jock store.
finsnfeathershunter
State Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 pm

finsnfeathershunter wrote:Sports Authority is nothing more than an overpriced jock store.

LOL. Do they sell Tapout shirts there?

I did forget my boots once and picked up a pair of Caddis wader boots there. Was happy SA was around that day.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Portuguese Duck Slayer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Dukslayer26 wrote:It looks like they are building a 2 story ***** in Pleasant Hill where the old Dome theatre was. It's not the greatest store but its a heck of a lot better then big 5 and Sports Authority. Recently Sports Authoroty got rid of all their fishing stuff!!!

Your correct.... ***** is coming to PH and SA is a piece of crap. That area has had a void since Hogans closed. Heck... even Sport Chalet was better..... but closed now.
Portuguese Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:42 pm

They blow. They opened one in Chico. Some what in the middle of duck country. They have 2 shelfs for hunting stuff. I go there to get more golf stuff than anything else. Don't wait in line for the opening. I don't even think they gave out the 500 dollar gift cards like they said they would. Gun selection sucks. Good fishing tackle and tons of gym clothes. :no:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Butta boom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Kudos to anyone that tries to sell hunting gear and guns in the Bay Area. But it won't work. Sooner or later the city or county will impose some restrictions that will make the store unprofitable.

That should be the canary in the coal mine for the few remaining democrat hunters in the bay area. When one sees the type of govt. that they have voted for, dismantle the principles of the constitution that make hunting possible, the sale of guns, or ammo, wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe it's time to switch teams.
Butta boom
hunter

Postby ducslayer » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:16 am

Anyone know when the Pleasant hill store is set to open?
ducslayer
hunter

Postby bellabitch » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:47 am

slowshooter wrote:***** will be inserting themselves into a retail space in Fremont. Considering what's happened with Bass Pro in a couple of places I just hope that ***** doesn't pull out early. It would be a shame to see them make a mess of a good thing.

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of *****. Mainly because they really need to work on their gun selection. The last time I went to ***** it was clear that their gun buyers really preferred pumping. Not many over and unders either. I would think that having a little over and under action might be cool - since dropping a couple of loads into both chambers always sounds fun. Of course, there are always going to those that prefer rimfire, but hey, that's what makes America great. The ability to shoot the way you want.

See you guys at the grand opening.

:grooving: :grooving:

Wow that is really a funny perverse play on words. Pretty clever if it was intended. :lol3:
bellabitch
hunter

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:35 pm

FYI. I drive by the Bass Pro San Jose location three days a week. Last I saw during day light hours, the sewer lines, electrical, and some of the foundation has been poured.
Good luck trying to visit the new store when it finally opens. The intersection where it is located, has to be one of the crappiest intersections in San Jose. WAY TOO MUCH F...ING TRAFFIC. Its only going to get worse with a new attraction. The transients will be lining the off ramps like cockroaches begging for your change. Just what I want to see when I go to local sporting goods store.
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Postby goosehappy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 am

Awesome post!!!! :lol3: :lol: :beer:
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:50 am

QuackerSmacker498 wrote:FYI. I drive by the Bass Pro San Jose location three days a week. Last I saw during day light hours, the sewer lines, electrical, and some of the foundation has been poured.
Good luck trying to visit the new store when it finally opens. The intersection where it is located, has to be one of the crappiest intersections in San Jose. WAY TOO MUCH F...ING TRAFFIC. Its only going to get worse with a new attraction. The transients will be lining the off ramps like cockroaches begging for your change. Just what I want to see when I go to local sporting goods store.

There aren't any places where that store could avoid traffic in the area. The only malls that could handle the traffic are already full - and no one will go to Eastridge as they don't want to get shot in the parking lot... and Vallco traffic would be even worse.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

QuackerSmacker498 wrote:FYI. I drive by the Bass Pro San Jose location three days a week. Last I saw during day light hours, the sewer lines, electrical, and some of the foundation has been poured.

The traffic S bound on Almaden is horrible in the afternoons. But N bound isn't so bad. Another stop light will change the a lot. The worst is the off ramps from 85 to Almaden. The timing of those lights sucks out loud and you can and will sit through 2-3 cycles before you get through the light. I imagine that as part of the agreement (read contract) with the city there has to be stipulations for traffic control.

I would have rather seen BPS in the Cottle shopping center where the old IBM site was that they are building up.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Morgan Hill or south San Jose????? Commercial land values are less and its only a few more minutes south. Make it a stand alone attraction and the others will follow. Just my own two cents!!!
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:53 pm

QuackerSmacker498 wrote:Morgan Hill or south San Jose????? Commercial land values are less and its only a few more minutes south. Make it a stand alone attraction and the others will follow. Just my own two cents!!!

Too far from Los Altos and Palo Alto. Their bike and yoga pants sales would fall. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby lt1chevelle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:19 pm

The company I work for is doing all the underground electrical out at the new bass pro. I'm sure they will either widen the off ramp of change up the intersection. If not with time they will if traffic continues to be a issue

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
lt1chevelle
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:32 pm

QuackerSmacker498 wrote:Morgan Hill or south San Jose????? Commercial land values are less and its only a few more minutes south. Make it a stand alone attraction and the others will follow. Just my own two cents!!!

Actually, I was always under the impression that the old walmart site in Gilroy would have been a good location. But See Grins RV has taken that over, so it is off the table. Enough people go to the outlets there to shop anyway, it wouldn't be that far of a stretch. I am sure there were incentives from one side or the other to build in San Jose, there always is.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby Drakenstien » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:56 pm

I just hope cabelas doesn't become the next Bass Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drakenstien
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:37 am

I'm still going to stop shopping at the small stores. Big box stores have had their day. When a store gets a tax break from the city to put in a store it kills a local family or three. Those chains aren't worth having around.

Hey, does anyone know where the guys that used to work gun counter at Reeds on Alum Rock showed up? There was one guy there that I was certain was going to open up a fiberglass underwear company. He was that irritating.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby ducslayer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey, does anyone know where the guys that used to work gun counter at Reeds on Alum Rock showed up? There was one guy there that I was certain was going to open up a fiberglass underwear company. He was that irritating.[/quote]

I have not shopped there in years but he probably ended up at Canyon Sports in Martinez he would fit right in with that crowd! :mad:
ducslayer
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:01 pm

ducslayer wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Hey, does anyone know where the guys that used to work gun counter at Reeds on Alum Rock showed up? There was one guy there that I was certain was going to open up a fiberglass underwear company. He was that irritating.

I have not shopped there in years but he probably ended up at Canyon Sports in Martinez he would fit right in with that crowd! :mad:

They closed a LOOONG time ago and now survive off of the store in Santa Clara. I haven't seen any of the old guys there which is probably for the best in the case of that one dude.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:56 pm

slowshooter wrote:

Too far from Los Altos and Palo Alto. Their bike and yoga pants sales would fall. :lol3:

What do you mean slow?, we order all we need on line and have it delivered overnight. If were desperate, we send someone down to go get it for us.
friedcoot
hunter

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting