WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby ShootThemInTheEye » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Butta boom wrote:The geo-political boundaries that were drawn after the end of the war, are having an impact even today. The curriculum that has been taught lately has downplayed the ongoing threat that the Russian and Chinese empires impose upon us, today.

Our current ruler, was obviously educated under that slacker curriculum.

Now look where we are. Millions of formerly free people, the Ukrainians are about to be enslaved again, after twenty years of freedom.

Because the serious issues were not taught, a generation did not learn. Because a generation did not learn, our leaders were not smart, since our leaders were not smart, more people became less free.

How much time time should we spend on the internment camps?

There are no photos because the interned weren't allowed to have cameras. The spy thing. See Ansel Adams Manzanar photos, he was commissioned by our government to document the internment. See if you can find the equivalent in Germany or Japan.

We are nearly at war again, pay attention.



:rolleyes: :no:
ShootThemInTheEye
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:40 pm


Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby AKPirate » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:35 am

Boot has a belly button
User avatar
AKPirate
hunter
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby SnG » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 am

Butta boom wrote:When a people is lied to by their government, and encouraged to harbor animosity towards another nation, under false pretenses, it is their duty to revolt, rather than go to war under under these circumstances. The Japanese were under these conditions when the war broke out.


Four words come to mind. "Weapons of mass destruction" but the people opposing that stupid war where considered unpatriotic by many with similar political and world views as you. Just a though, I wonder what history will say about that?
SnG
hunter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:22 pm

SnG wrote:
Four words come to mind. "Weapons of mass destruction" but the people opposing that stupid war where considered unpatriotic by many with similar political and world views as you. Just a though, I wonder what history will say about that?

That waiting too long allowed Saddam to use them on the Kurds while the rest of those weapons were moved to Syria?
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3628
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby ohioboy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Butta boom wrote:The geo-political boundaries that were drawn after the end of the war, are having an impact even today. The curriculum that has been taught lately has downplayed the ongoing threat that the Russian and Chinese empires impose upon us, today.

Our current ruler, was obviously educated under that slacker curriculum.

Now look where we are. Millions of formerly free people, the Ukrainians are about to be enslaved again, after twenty years of freedom.

Because the serious issues were not taught, a generation did not learn. Because a generation did not learn, our leaders were not smart, since our leaders were not smart, more people became less free.

How much time time should we spend on the internment camps?

There are no photos because the interned weren't allowed to have cameras. The spy thing. See Ansel Adams Manzanar photos, he was commissioned by our government to document the internment. See if you can find the equivalent in Germany or Japan.

We are nearly at war again, pay attention.


You mean the boundaries that have been changing for the last, um, 2000+ years? Yes, they are.

Scared of? No. Respect? Sort of. Why are you worried about two "empires" that have a combined total of ONE aircraft carriers?

BB, please let me know what "serious issues were not taught" that you think should be.
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby slowshooter » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:30 am

He's just trying to paint a large picture that can be looked at with concern - to draw attention away from the bankruptcy of his vacant, bumper sticker patriotism.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby OldGeezer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:45 pm

The internment of the Japanese Americans was just purely wrong and should never have happened. That's what happens when politicians exercise a knee jerk reaction.

However, those that believe Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not justified need to read this:

http://missaldrichenglish10.weebly.com/ ... anking.pdf

and this:

http://crimeofaggression.info/documents ... dgment.pdf

There are numerous other documents of the Japanese atrocities, but the Rape of Nanking will definitely leave an impression. Not for the weak at heart.
User avatar
OldGeezer
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:54 pm
Location: Out There

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby ohioboy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 am

OldGeezer wrote:The internment of the Japanese Americans was just purely wrong and should never have happened. That's what happens when politicians exercise a knee jerk reaction.

However, those that believe Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not justified need to read this:

http://missaldrichenglish10.weebly.com/ ... anking.pdf

and this:

http://crimeofaggression.info/documents ... dgment.pdf

There are numerous other documents of the Japanese atrocities, but the Rape of Nanking will definitely leave an impression. Not for the weak at heart.


Buttaboom did not learn about that in school. It was not public knowledge until the last 90s. I do teach it, although briefly, and it helps to frame just how much hatred there was and why it is there today between the countries of East Asia, and to explain why the use of the A-bomb was neccesary to save lives. Maybe BB would like to admit that even his education did not include this nugget, and it is pretty important.
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby OldGeezer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:03 am

ohioboy wrote:Buttaboom did not learn about that in school. It was not public knowledge until the last 90s. I do teach it, although briefly, and it helps to frame just how much hatred there was and why it is there today between the countries of East Asia, and to explain why the use of the A-bomb was neccesary to save lives. Maybe BB would like to admit that even his education did not include this nugget, and it is pretty important.

Yes, it was very important, but the real criminals were never prosecuted and were protected by the US. The imperial family knew all along what was going on and probably directed most of it. Hirohito and his family lived out their lives without any criminal prosecutions. Gen. MacArthur ruled that Hirohito's prosecution would destroy the Japanese culture and absolved him and the family from any prosecution.

IMO, the Japanese were far worse than the Germans in WWII.
User avatar
OldGeezer
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:54 pm
Location: Out There

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby quack-attack » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:32 am

OldGeezer wrote:
ohioboy wrote:.

IMO, the Japanese were far worse than the Germans in WWII.



Ehhh,,,the actions of japan were horrendous, and clealy had a greater affect on us, but the germans did it at a much greater scale
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quack-attack
hunter
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: chico

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby friedcoot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:40 pm

It was a shame what happened to American citizens of Japanese ancestry. Even a bigger shame as to what happened to Native Americans...Oh wait, they could not become citizens of their own land until 1924. Maybe if we just killed all the Japanese living here like the natives, we would of not had to pay any reparations....only apologies, which are rather cheap. Also, the land would be free for anglo settlement. Maybe Butta has the right idea. Build hate and take. Seems our Country has a great history to support that endeavor. Were doing it now, just with a different objective.
User avatar
friedcoot
hunter
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Behind a laptop

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby OldGeezer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:29 pm

quack-attack wrote:Ehhh,,,the actions of japan were horrendous, and clealy had a greater affect on us, but the germans did it at a much greater scale


You may want to check and compare the statistics. During just the occupation of China alone by the Japanese from 1937 to 1945, close to 11M civilians were murdered by the Japanese atrocities. The population of Nanking before the Japanese invaded was just over 2M people and during the first 6 months of occupation, that number was reduced to less than half the original amount. Those figures do not include any of the Chinese military and were counted separately.
User avatar
OldGeezer
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:54 pm
Location: Out There

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby quack-attack » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 am

OldGeezer wrote:
quack-attack wrote:Ehhh,,,the actions of japan were horrendous, and clealy had a greater affect on us, but the germans did it at a much greater scale


You may want to check and compare the statistics. During just the occupation of China alone by the Japanese from 1937 to 1945, close to 11M civilians were murdered by the Japanese atrocities. The population of Nanking before the Japanese invaded was just over 2M people and during the first 6 months of occupation, that number was reduced to less than half the original amount. Those figures do not include any of the Chinese military and were counted separately.

Wow, you are correct, I just looked up some of that information and the death tole is very similar, if not greater, than the Holocaust numbers. I had no idea, thanks for the info. That was certainly a real ugly time period in world history.
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quack-attack
hunter
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: chico

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby slowshooter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 am

My Dad was served in China, Burma and India during that period. He saw some sh!t.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby ohioboy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:56 pm

slowshooter wrote:My Dad was served in China, Burma and India during that period. He saw some sh!t.

on the planes that were flying supplies over the Himalayas?
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby Huntsprig » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 pm

slowshooter wrote:My Dad was served in China, Burma and India during that period. He saw some sh!t.

I am so sorry!
I didn't realize they had cannibals in that part of the world.
Huntsprig
hunter
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca.

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby Butta boom » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Well let's revue, come to find out the Japanese tortured, starved, and raped many of their prisoners of war. We treated the newly emigrated Japanese, that happened to be living on the west coast by relocating them to the East slope of the sierras, where they had a trout fishing club.

There were some that we're found to be spies, and the existence of Subs off the west coast, worried our leaders about another sneak attack. If you lived in LA, you had to be blacked out at dark, and the fee of direct attack was very real. Ohioboy, how much time does your teaching spend on that and ration books, and the fear of our people brought on by Pearl Harbor. Why don't you post your curriculum, so this ignorant farmer could possibly learn from a bright light such as yourself. Revisionist history makes me wanna barf.
Butta boom
hunter
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby ohioboy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Butta boom wrote:Well let's revue, come to find out the Japanese tortured, starved, and raped many of their prisoners of war. We treated the newly emigrated Japanese, that happened to be living on the west coast by relocating them to the East slope of the sierras, where they had a trout fishing club.

There were some that we're found to be spies, and the existence of Subs off the west coast, worried our leaders about another sneak attack. If you lived in LA, you had to be blacked out at dark, and the fee of direct attack was very real. Ohioboy, how much time does your teaching spend on that and ration books, and the fear of our people brought on by Pearl Harbor. Why don't you post your curriculum, so this ignorant farmer could possibly learn from a bright light such as yourself. Revisionist history makes me wanna barf.

I teach the rape of nanking. you were not. is that revisionist?

I teach fear, rations, blackouts (atlantic city and nyc refused until 200+ ships were sunk btw), recycling, victory gardens.

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uplo ... 202012.pdf here it is. have at it. no revisionist, in my opinion. i teach the good, the bad, the ugly. i teach history.

taught about McCarthyism today. is that revisionist?

i dont think you are ignorant. you are naive until you are educated about things. if you still choose, then you are ignorant. i grew up on a farm. i learned how to feed my daughters about 28 years ago when i was feeding veal calves. people always wonder how i have a knack for it....... my girls dont hip-check me into the wall if i do it wrong.
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby slowshooter » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:29 am

ohioboy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:My Dad was served in China, Burma and India during that period. He saw some sh!t.

on the planes that were flying supplies over the Himalayas?


He was a ground pounder. No wings underneath him.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby fish dog » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Speaking of blackouts and such if you've never heard of the Battle of Los Angeles during WWII, google it. Some interesting stuff going on that night. (and its not the movie by the same name - has nothing to do with that.)
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
User avatar
fish dog
hunter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby Butta boom » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:34 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Butta boom wrote:Well let's revue, come to find out the Japanese tortured, starved, and raped many of their prisoners of war. We treated the newly emigrated Japanese, that happened to be living on the west coast by relocating them to the East slope of the sierras, where they had a trout fishing club.

There were some that we're found to be spies, and the existence of Subs off the west coast, worried our leaders about another sneak attack. If you lived in LA, you had to be blacked out at dark, and the fee of direct attack was very real. Ohioboy, how much time does your teaching spend on that and ration books, and the fear of our people brought on by Pearl Harbor. Why don't you post your curriculum, so this ignorant farmer could possibly learn from a bright light such as yourself. Revisionist history makes me wanna barf.

I teach the rape of nanking. you were not. is that revisionist?

I teach fear, rations, blackouts (atlantic city and nyc refused until 200+ ships were sunk btw), recycling, victory gardens.

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uplo ... 202012.pdf here it is. have at it. no revisionist, in my opinion. i teach the good, the bad, the ugly. i teach history.

taught about McCarthyism today. is that revisionist?

i dont think you are ignorant. you are naive until you are educated about things. if you still choose, then you are ignorant. i grew up on a farm. i learned how to feed my daughters about 28 years ago when i was feeding veal calves. people always wonder how i have a knack for it....... my girls dont hip-check me into the wall if i do it wrong.

A lot of people grew up on farms. But they can't farm because they aren't willing to live on the success of their endeavors but would rather have a guaranteed income. They lack the personal discipline to accept the vagaries of weather, markets, and individual achievement that determine your income for the year. They like the union protecting them from any possible loss of income or benefits. If you grew up on a dairy, and weren't tough enough to continue it, your personal shame is enough to sour your attitude towards those that can actually make a living the old fashioned way, by earning it.
Butta boom
hunter
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby ohioboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Butta boom wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Butta boom wrote:Well let's revue, come to find out the Japanese tortured, starved, and raped many of their prisoners of war. We treated the newly emigrated Japanese, that happened to be living on the west coast by relocating them to the East slope of the sierras, where they had a trout fishing club.

There were some that we're found to be spies, and the existence of Subs off the west coast, worried our leaders about another sneak attack. If you lived in LA, you had to be blacked out at dark, and the fee of direct attack was very real. Ohioboy, how much time does your teaching spend on that and ration books, and the fear of our people brought on by Pearl Harbor. Why don't you post your curriculum, so this ignorant farmer could possibly learn from a bright light such as yourself. Revisionist history makes me wanna barf.

I teach the rape of nanking. you were not. is that revisionist?

I teach fear, rations, blackouts (atlantic city and nyc refused until 200+ ships were sunk btw), recycling, victory gardens.

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uplo ... 202012.pdf here it is. have at it. no revisionist, in my opinion. i teach the good, the bad, the ugly. i teach history.

taught about McCarthyism today. is that revisionist?

i dont think you are ignorant. you are naive until you are educated about things. if you still choose, then you are ignorant. i grew up on a farm. i learned how to feed my daughters about 28 years ago when i was feeding veal calves. people always wonder how i have a knack for it....... my girls dont hip-check me into the wall if i do it wrong.

A lot of people grew up on farms. But they can't farm because they aren't willing to live on the success of their endeavors but would rather have a guaranteed income. They lack the personal discipline to accept the vagaries of weather, markets, and individual achievement that determine your income for the year. They like the union protecting them from any possible loss of income or benefits. If you grew up on a dairy, and weren't tough enough to continue it, your personal shame is enough to sour your attitude towards those that can actually make a living the old fashioned way, by earning it.


Well, I guess you are just angry for some reason. I guess you dont think I am earning my money. I do what I do because I love my job. No shame here. :hi:
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2356
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby friedcoot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Butta boom wrote:[ If you grew up on a dairy, and weren't tough enough to continue it, your personal shame is enough to sour your attitude towards those that can actually make a living the old fashioned way, by earning it.


BB your a sad man for sure. Why do you think so much land in rice country is farmed by tenants ? The smart ones got out and the dumb ones stayed behind. Just pay your rent on time and grow me some more subsidized rice.
User avatar
friedcoot
hunter
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Behind a laptop

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby slowshooter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 am



(Here's the lyrics - boy did they ever peg budda)

Me and the farmer get on fine
Through stormy weather and bottles of wine
If I pull my weight he'll treat me well
But if I'm late he'll give me hell

And though its all hard work no play
Farmer is a happy crook
Jesus hates him everyday
Cause Jesus gave and farmer took, took

Won't he let you go?
(Probably no)
Won't he let you go?
(Probably no)
Why does he treat you so?
(I just don't know)
Why does he treat you so?
(I just don't know)

Me and the farmer like brother, like sister
Getting on like hand and blister
Me and the farmer

Hes chopped down trees, planted trees
And helped the countryside to breathe
Ripped up fields, bullied flocks
And worked his workers right around the clock

It may seem strange but hed admit
Intentions arent exactly true
And through God loves his wife a bit
He hates the farmer through and through, through


Won't he let you go?
(Probably no)
Won't he let you go?
(Probably no)
Why does he treat you so?
(I just don't know)
Why does he treat you so?
(I just don't know)

Me and the farmer like brother, like sister
Getting on like hand and blister
Me and the farmer

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All weve got is London Zoo
Cause farmer owns them all

Won't he let you go?
(Probably no)
Won't he let you go?
(Probably no)
Why does he treat you so?
(I just don't know)
Why does he treat you so?
(I just don't know)

Me and the farmer like brother, like sister
Getting on like hand and blister
Me and the farmer

Me and the farmer
Me and the farmer
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: WWII-Japanese Internment Camps

Postby quack-attack » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:34 am

man this is a sad example of our little group.. BB you are an ass. Our good teacher from ohio just wanted to do some research so he could teach children. You turned it into a steaming heap. Go wallow in your own paranoid pitiful world where everyone is less than you and working against you.
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quack-attack
hunter
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: chico

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests