Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby slowshooter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 am

All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA


Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby fish dog » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:02 am

But Marlene Hoeber, president of the Northern California chapter of the Liberal Gun Club, wants the world to know that lefty politics and a love for guns and gun rights aren't mutually exclusive.


...ah, sorry...but under the current administration of both Commiefornia and the nation as a whole it is "mutually exclusive".
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
User avatar
fish dog
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby ditchbanker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 am

I had no idea

...reading the Mercury News article I see an awful lot I agree with here :thumbsup:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
User avatar
ditchbanker
hunter
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:54 am
Location: berkeley ca

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby goosehappy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:46 pm

ditchbanker wrote:I had no idea

...reading the Mercury News article I see an awful lot I agree with here :thumbsup:


Me too. Who cares where support for gun rights comes from? The political parties take a calculated gamble on where to stand on issues like gun control, gay rights, and abortion, to attract voters in places they think they can win seats in congress. In reality, they could care less, because there is no money in it for them (well the gun lobby spends lots of money, and the USA is the largest weapons dealer in the world). But these issues really have to do with individual freedoms, and neither party has a good record there, and ever-increasingly infringe our rights of privacy, free speech, and potentially our right to keep and bear arms.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 pm
Location: far from home

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby slowshooter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:34 pm

"These are the same people who are the loudest pro-gun voices in American politics. If that was my understanding of who gun owners are, I'd probably want to take their guns away, too," she said. "Those fundamentalist, queer-baiting people who I see as monsters and may be coming for me someday. But they're the only people fighting for my right to have a gun on the day that they come for me."

This is a great quote for those that believe in the 2nd. Also a quote that will likely cause massive shrinkage at most of the queer hating homes in California.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby ditchbanker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:49 pm

slowshooter wrote:This is a great quote for those that believe in the 2nd. Also a quote that will likely cause massive shrinkage at most of the queer hating homes in California.


...Yes...the extremism that sometimes argues for gun ownership is definitely the Loudest group
...and some of those extremists are so confused they even argue for the imprisonment of innocent Americans while invoking the Constitution :huh:
...My Grandfather (RIP) was confused like that
...Among the most dedicated religious men you would have ever met
...yet he was a bigot and intolerant of folks who didnt look or behave exactly as he did

...but we cannot choose our family
...and so we have those types among us
...it doesn't mean we have to swallow all that they preach
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
User avatar
ditchbanker
hunter
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:54 am
Location: berkeley ca

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby Butta boom » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Has the gay-communist-gun club ceased to exist? What a shame!
Butta boom
hunter
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby slowshooter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Butta boom wrote:Has the gay-communist-gun club ceased to exist? What a shame!



The Japanese Americans Protected by Constitutional Rights Gun Club still exists, so you still have someone to hate.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby Butta boom » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:51 pm

slowshooter wrote:
Butta boom wrote:Has the gay-communist-gun club ceased to exist? What a shame!



The Japanese Americans Protected by Constitutional Rights Gun Club still exists, so you still have someone to hate.


Perhaps you remember the late Phil Hartman and John La Roquette doing a skit called the Gay Communist Gun club on Saturday night live back in the eighties. Very funny and a foreshadowing of our times. That was my reference.

You are right though I am a hater. I hate liars, revisionist history liars, big government liars, liberal liars, and conservative liars. Did I mention I hate liars.
Butta boom
hunter
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby ditchbanker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Butta boom wrote:...You are right though I am a hater. I hate liars, revisionist history liars, big government liars, liberal liars, and conservative liars. Did I mention I hate liars.


At last...I finally found a notion where I am in 100% agreement with BaBoom :thumbsup:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
User avatar
ditchbanker
hunter
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:54 am
Location: berkeley ca

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby ditchbanker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:53 pm

goosehappy wrote:... Who cares where support for gun rights comes from? The political parties take a calculated gamble on where to stand on issues like gun control, gay rights, and abortion, to attract voters in places they think they can win seats in congress. In reality, they could care less, because there is no money in it for them (well the gun lobby spends lots of money, and the USA is the largest weapons dealer in the world). But these issues really have to do with individual freedoms, and neither party has a good record there, and ever-increasingly infringe our rights of privacy, free speech, and potentially our right to keep and bear arms.


...this...worth another read...
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
User avatar
ditchbanker
hunter
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:54 am
Location: berkeley ca

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby slowshooter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 pm

True. Deserve a thumbs up for sure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Liberal gun owners? Seems like there is a club for that.

Postby quack-attack » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 pm

ditchbanker wrote:
slowshooter wrote:This is a great quote for those that believe in the 2nd. Also a quote that will likely cause massive shrinkage at most of the queer hating homes in California.


...Yes...the extremism that sometimes argues for gun ownership is definitely the Loudest group
...and some of those extremists are so confused they even argue for the imprisonment of innocent Americans while invoking the Constitution :huh:
...My Grandfather (RIP) was confused like that
...Among the most dedicated religious men you would have ever met
...yet he was a bigot and intolerant of folks who didnt look or behave exactly as he did

...but we cannot choose our family
...and so we have those types among us
...it doesn't mean we have to swallow all that they preach

You just described my grandmother incredibly loving woman...uet she was raised with biggots and racists...and she remained thay way throughout her life. It was very sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quack-attack
hunter
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: chico


Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests