F.Y.I. Twin Tunnels

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

F.Y.I. Twin Tunnels

Postby friedcoot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:45 pm

Most of you know about it. If not, you might want to read this overview. Other overviews of water related interest in here as well. Amazing just how much "paper water" claims are out there in relation to what is available.

https://www.c-win.org/webfm_send/308
friedcoot
hunter

Re: F.Y.I. Twin Tunnels

Postby slowshooter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 am

Thanks for posting this FriedCoot. I don't think folks really understand what the deal (or lack of) is on this.

Hope folks download, print and hand out every chance they get.

slow
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 am

Hopefully one of you who is more up on the subject can explain something to me. Why do they want to build these tunnels, starting so far up by Sacramento instead of making a much shorter pull from the Stockton area?

Like I said, I'm not very well versed on the subject but it looks to me like the only reason someone would plan the project this way is because they either want the ability to pull the water before those farmers get a chance to use it, or they want the ability to pull more water out of the delta than it can honestly provide and they are worried about salt water back flow.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Clamp

Go into New York Slough and look South at those smoke stacks, that will answer your question I think ?

OH , and the farther you go east , there are more !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Tommyo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 pm

The bigger the job the better the backfill for CA unfunded liabilities.
Find a way when there is no way.
Tommyo
hunter

Postby ditchbanker » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:48 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Hopefully one of you who is more up on the subject can explain something to me. Why do they want to build these tunnels, starting so far up by Sacramento instead of making a much shorter pull from the Stockton area?

Like I said, I'm not very well versed on the subject but it looks to me like the only reason someone would plan the project this way is because they either want the ability to pull the water before those farmers get a chance to use it, or they want the ability to pull more water out of the delta than it can honestly provide and they are worried about salt water back flow.

Upstream intake is consistent with the original design

...would avoid some of the fish-kill...but that is an newer rationalization IMO
...saltwater intrusion is the big fear
...especially as levees fail (think Liberty Island)
...do we really think the State is going to pay to drain more islands as they fail?
...do we really think those original Dutch engineers thought they were building 'permanent' levees?
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
ditchbanker
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting