Turlock Lake

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Turlock Lake

Postby wjarrell » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:33 pm

I know this is a shot in the dark but I will try anyways...

Long story short, a friend of mine use to be blind partners with some guys, for quite some time, that had a blind on Turlock Lake and they went their separate ways. We decided to build our own blind for this coming season. I called the lake today and the guy I spoke to just brushed me off and didn't give me any information about rules and regulations such as, if there is a size limit to the blind, or if there is a certain number of blinds they allow on the lake. I know there is a drawing at the beginning of the season, you pick your spot for the whole season, and that if your blind is stuck in the mud you can't hunt. Thats about it. I'm not asking for spots or certain coves, I would just like to know if there are any special rules, and in the past years when they do the drawing?

If you guys want to talk through pm's that fine too. Thanks, please don't chew me up.
wjarrell
hunter

Re: Turlock Lake

Postby 3200 man » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:37 pm

With the water that will be in Turlock Lake this coming year , it's predicted , all blinds will be chained together in a circle
around a body of water 50 ft in diameter . There will be signs posted at each blind that say , if you shoot someone you
have to go home and stay on your knees until the season is over OR the next Duck is shot , which ever comes first !
3200 man
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm

I laughed out load.
:lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 pm

I know , I'm sorry for having such a pessimistic attitude But , I'm seeing a Doctor ! :thumbsup: :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting