Chesapeake litter!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Chesapeake litter!

Postby Beretta06 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey guys I have some real pretty but very birdy Chesapeake males, is there any hunters willing to purchase a dog a good price, and keep me updated, informed, on his hunting progress, and possibly let me use him for a stud dog later. I'd also like to offer a trip to our duck club in the grasslands so I can see him work. It's likley not to be a one time thing.I obviously have become very attached to some of these dogs. But I feel I need to see some of these dogs in the field. I need to know I have made the proper decisions on breeding stock. It is my goal to breed Chesapeake's that conform to the discribed breed standard conformation wise, aswell as be instinctively top notch bird dogs.I have gone to dog shows lately and see other retriever breeds to not look like what is used in the field. Almost as if there is a split of the conformation dog and field dog. All the pups show promise but there is a handful that are straight up crazy bird dogs at times I feel sorry for these live pigeons. That I want hunters to enjoy. Please contact me PM me or email me chesapeake4231@gmail.com

If this post breaks forum rules i apologize.

Thanks Dwight
Beretta06
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Updated group picture 6 weeks 3 days
Attachments
image.jpg
Beretta06
hunter

Postby Green with ring » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Beretta06 wrote:Updated group picture 6 weeks 3 days

Those pups have character. They're looking good.

Anyone that is considering getting a "new best friend", gun/hunting retreiver should (IMO) check out these excellent pups. Getting any dog is a huge responsability and will change (for the better) the way you will hunt. I know for a fact that Chesapeake litters like these pups don't happen all the time.
Your doing a great job Dwight :thumbsup:

Again thanks for sharing.

Bob
Green with ring
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Green with ring wrote:
Beretta06 wrote:Updated group picture 6 weeks 3 days

Those pups have character. They're looking good.

Anyone that is considering getting a "new best friend", gun/hunting retreiver should (IMO) check out these excellent pups. Getting any dog is a huge responsability and will change (for the better) the way you will hunt. I know for a fact that Chesapeake litters like these pups don't happen all the time.
Your doing a great job Dwight :thumbsup:

Again thanks for sharing.

Bob

No prob Bob it's been fun and Challanging at the same time. The most Challanging part still is people. Again I find that my duck hunting brothers are as a group that has called to come look at pups 99% flakes. There is absolutely no reason to call if you are not interested in a dog. Period. End of story. I have things to do why waste my time if you have no intention of coming. Other than that it's been real fun.
Beretta06
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:24 am

Anymore pictures ?
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:24 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Anymore pictures ?

Sorry Been Busy this labor day weekend But Here are some more pics.
Attachments
Red A None.jpg
Red Collar
Pink C 8x10.jpg
pink Collar
Dark Green D 5x7.jpg
Dark Green Collar
Blue D 8x10.jpg
Blue Collar
Black A 8x10.jpg
Black Collar
Beretta06
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 am

here is the other half of the pics.
Attachments
Orange E 5x7.jpg
Neon Green A 8x10.jpg
neon green collar
Yellow B 8x10.jpg
yellow collar
White E 8x10.jpg
White collar
Beretta06
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:51 pm

The pups are 8 weeks today. Tomarrow they start going home. I am not really looking forward to it.
Beretta06
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:49 am

Beretta06 wrote:The pups are 8 weeks today. Tomarrow they start going home. I am not really looking forward to it.

Beautiful pups ! :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Green with ring » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:06 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
Beretta06 wrote:The pups are 8 weeks today. Tomarrow they start going home. I am not really looking forward to it.

Yep, they sure are ! :thumbsup:

Dwight, how many are still available ?
Green with ring
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:32 pm

Green with ring wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

Yep, they sure are ! :thumbsup:

Dwight, how many are still available ?

Just one left.

they went to...

Bakersfield CA Hunting home
Lemoore CA Hunting home
Fresno CA Hunting home
Orcutt CA Hunting home
Blue Lake CA Hunting home
Buellton CA Hunting Home "MY DAD''
Tucson AZ Hunting home
Sacramento CA Companion home "out door lifestyle young couple"
Lompoc CA Companion home "contractor surfer"
The last may goto Oxanard CA tomorrow to a Lab owner looking for a more intelligent independent dog. Hunting home
Beretta06
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 am

That just goes to show us Lab owners what you or he knows about smarter dogs ? :huh:
Half show dog / hunting dog doesn't guarantee Chesapeakes will even know their name , like Labs ! :yes:
Other than something to pet ,feed, or scoop-up the crap ....which is a lot , on this advertisement topic .
3200 man
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

They left my house at 8 weeks with the ability to fetch live birds " pigeons and Chucker and return them to my hand. Apparently the guy in Fresno has taught his pup sit, down and stay in a day. For stupid dogs 3200 they have had a great start.
Beretta06
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Labs with good breeding are really smart and with Labs being in the top 20 National Field Trail Championship ,
I think they have shown , which breed is Best as a Waterfowl Dog.......In California ! :thumbsup:

But your pups are nice looking and with good training they could learn to go get the paper . :lol3: :yes:

Smartwork 1 By Evan Graham would be a lot of help to your pups owners , maybe you should send them a copy !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

I don't know 3200 technically your field lab or should they be called that since they surely don't fit any breed standard discription I've ever read. I'd consider them a mutt I guess for lack of better word. It's intesting how a Chesapeake fits the breed standard. They can go from a show to a duck blind do the job they were originally bred to do. If labs were such a great dog why are there more or less to completely different dogs called Labrador Retrievers? One that fits the breed standard to show and one better suited for hunting purposes that does not fit the breed standard discription. I duno about bragging that labradores have proven themselves to be such an outstanding dog in CA. We are the lamest state in the union. As for duck hunting in CA with our fair weather of course the lab can compete but boy the few times it has froze hard in the last 20 years it kinda separates real waterfowl dogs from labs. I wish I had video of those frozen days and coming back to the cabin to see guys sitting in their trucks with blankets around their labs with the heater on in their truck.
Beretta06
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:09 pm

Apparently you haven't attended a Nation field trail championship ( like I have ) , with only (1) Chesie that did good but
it didn't make it to the finals . 20 outstanding Labs made it , so I think you must re-consider who's the Best Breed waterfowl
dog ? I did look-up the Chesie that placed and ( oh my ) , it didn't have any Show Dog in it , just a well breed hunter !
I'm not saying your Dogs won't hunt but until you can show me National Rankings in your breed , it's just Smoke .
East of the Mississippi or as a Sled-Dog , you might be right ! A good Big lap Dog is fun to have though ?

I like your humor ........carry on :yes: :lol3: :clapping:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 am

Field trials are a game. Chesapeake's are bred to retrieve Waterfowl with little input from its hunter/handler it's bred to be intelligent not be led to a bird with hand signals and whistles. I have never been surprised that Chesapeake's don't do as well in field trial " game settings" meaninless to real life waterfowl retrieving settings. I don't know about anyone else's dog. But after shot and the bird is downed. The dog is released there is no more input from me. I expect her to do her job. There's no whistles there's no waving of arms like a retard there's no hand signals. Field trials are meaningless to what happens in a duck blind. The duck blind is really all that matters to me. I do not shoot any other birds. Chessies are duck dogs plain and simple that are adaptable to other forms of bird hunting.

So really you can take your game stats and stick them in your ear. :clapping:
Beretta06
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 am

My Black Lab Female would be to the bird and back at 250 yds before a sleeping Chesie realized the bird was down .
When the temp gets above 50 degrees , those sled dogs sleep a lot , eat a lot , crap a lot and knock over everything
around the blind as they try to rub off all the cockaburs , is what I've seen ! :yes: You just as well have a horse at the blind
as to try to hide a Chesie ! :lol3: Having a Waterfowl Dog with enough smarts to learn hand signals/whistle commands
is being a true waterfowler ! Someday you'll learn how . :lol3: :lol3:

With the season about ready to start , I wish you Luck , washing the Mud off that curly haired Red Dog and You have as much
fun as I will killing some Ducks and Geese for a better future conversation ..... :clapping:

Those are some cute pups to have around the house . :yes:

Oh and I hope your skin problem is getting better ?
3200 man
hunter

Postby Beretta06 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:56 am

I must have a defective Chesapeake. My dog never stops hunting. She's always alert. She knows hand signals. I don't remember having ever correcting her line left or right. Back every now and then back. If I let her break off the blind she would probably be half way to the birds as they are falling she sees the birds before they start falling. Looks to me like she uses uses the direction of the guns to pick up the birds. After a mornings hunt and she eats her mid morning snack, she will roam the property she either herds coots into the tulies and catches them and brings them back to the cabin which the guys get a kick out of. I thought it was funny at first it's kind of annoying now. She brings in cripples she finds now and then. Or she swims in the canal infront of the cabin. There is very little idle time. Or she stalks cottontails. She is a nut. I wish I could bottle her energy and sell it.

The question is why is your dog making 250 yard retrieves? Maybe shooting birds at an ethical distance would work better for you? Or do some more clay shooting to sharpen those shooting skills, like you recommend to everyone else.
Beretta06
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am

Don't him rile ya ! You did good with the pups :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:33 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Don't him rile ya ! You did good with the pups :thumbsup:

That's for sure , as cute as can be ! There's nothing like a well trained Waterfowl Dog to hunt with . It does take a lot
of patience / time and money . Starting off with proper breeding , temperament and brains to learn to obey a command .
There is a 50/50 chase when picking a pup , the one you choose will be a champion Waterfowl dog , for you ! And the color
of its hide has nothing to do with it but where you hunt and how much you hunt does , to keep them sharp ! I'm sure Beretta
gets all the coots and cottontails he wants to deal with as it's family fun where he hunts ?

Dwight , my shooting ability is just fine and ( maybe you don't know ) birds that sail , I can send my Lab on a blind retrieve
and she will find it and bring it back because she has been taught to ! :lol3: :yes:

This has been fun and I thank you Dwight . I'm sure you have a great Dog and Pups , it's only a matter of needs in the
training in our Dogs , to make them Our Champions , Red or Black !

Good hunting to you this season . :beer:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:55 pm

My dad can beat both your dads up! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
Bootlipkiller
hunter

Postby Beentown » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 am

We hunt both. Both get the birds. The Chessie I is serious where the Lab is chill.
Beentown
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:My dad can beat both your dads up! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that does it ......You better not cross the line with your dad ether ! :lol3: :lol3:
3200 man
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:16 am

Beentown wrote:We hunt both. Both get the birds. The Chessie I is serious where the Lab is chill.

It's all in the training ! And as I said , 50/50 chance of your choice of dog having any brains ! :yes:
3200 man
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting