tri star

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:06 am

Anyone know anywhere in California where these are available? I'm looking into there magnum over/under in duck blind camo. Seems no dealers out here carry them tho? Any info would be much appreciated.
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca


Re: tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:15 am

Or at least a company who will ship to a ffl in California.
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: tri star

Postby redsled600 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 am

Gunbroker.com
Do a dealership search for the gun you want and have them send it to your ffl
redsled600
hunter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Petaluma Ca

Re: tri star

Postby darkwater27 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Give Kittles a call my pops bought a tri star from them


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
darkwater27
hunter
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: tri star

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Sutter orchard supply in Yuba City carries them. My buddy won one they donated to our local DU chapter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
User avatar
Bootlipkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am
Location: you stay classy Sutter County. Im Ron Burgandy???

Re: tri star

Postby LeakyW8ers » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:21 am

Guns Fishing and Other stuff carries them.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
User avatar
LeakyW8ers
hunter
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:49 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks everyone for the help. I found a local dealer who's distributor had a few. :thumbsup:
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: tri star

Postby friedcoot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Nice to see your moving over to the 2 shot. You will find out at the refuges that 12 chances are better than 8 if you are a shooter. The Turks make a decent field gun and you should be able to treat it like a field gun. Do the research on after market chokes. I've heard the thread pitch can be a bit tight. Check on the gun if possible before you buy.
User avatar
friedcoot
hunter
 
Posts: 1627
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Behind a laptop

Re: tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 pm

friedcoot wrote:Nice to see your moving over to the 2 shot. You will find out at the refuges that 12 chances are better than 8 if you are a shooter. The Turks make a decent field gun and you should be able to treat it like a field gun. Do the research on after market chokes. I've heard the thread pitch can be a bit tight. Check on the gun if possible before you buy.



Thanks fried. I've been wanting one for awhile. Finally found something that should be able to put up with the marsh. I wasn't to enthused about wood stocks. And didn't have the coin to fork out 1800 for a synthetic cynergy. I put a deposit on it and it should be in within 5 days. I'll definitely take a look at it before doing the dros paperwork. I've done a little research and have heard that the carlson waterfowl chokes pattern good. I'll probably start with that and my trusty blue box federals. Might get lucky out of the gate. The sx3 will still get some use as the goose gun when going up north. It's nice when the big boys come in to set down one gun and pick up another that's ready for them! :hammer:
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: tri star

Postby FMFdevildoc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:26 am

LeakyW8ers wrote:Guns Fishing and Other stuff carries them.


I used to call that place "Guns, fishing and highway robbery" - especially after the "blame Obama" and "Oh no Newtown Massacre" price gouge evolutions. It felt as if they raised their prices astronomically and kept them sky high.
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
User avatar
FMFdevildoc
hunter
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 pm
Location: Apple Valley, CA

Re: tri star

Postby LeakyW8ers » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am

FMFdevildoc wrote:
LeakyW8ers wrote:Guns Fishing and Other stuff carries them.


I used to call that place "Guns, fishing and highway robbery" - especially after the "blame Obama" and "Oh no Newtown Massacre" price gouge evolutions. It felt as if they raised their prices astronomically and kept them sky high.


Just throwing out that they carry Tri-Star guns.

Never said that it was worth actually buying anything from them. :thumbsup:
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
User avatar
LeakyW8ers
hunter
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:49 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 pm

LeakyW8ers wrote:
FMFdevildoc wrote:
LeakyW8ers wrote:Guns Fishing and Other stuff carries them.


I used to call that place "Guns, fishing and highway robbery" - especially after the "blame Obama" and "Oh no Newtown Massacre" price gouge evolutions. It felt as if they raised their prices astronomically and kept them sky high.


Just throwing out that they carry Tri-Star guns.

Never said that it was worth actually buying anything from them. :thumbsup:


Thanks for the input leaky. They didn't carry the model I was looking for anyways. :thumbsup:
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm

I thought I'd post an update since there's not much as far as reviews out there. So far so good. First off. Camo pattern is great. Matches my duck blind jacket to the t. Gun shoulders great. Over and over again the bead is rite where I want it. This gun is gonna be fast.... on top of that it is very easy to follow through. I've heard some bad things about the chokes. Nothing wrong with the threads on this one at least. Two carlson aftermarket chokes screwed rite in.... I'll post again when I get to the range and get to pull the trigger this week. So far I am very pleased I chose this gun over a stoeger and Mossberg.
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca

Re: tri star

Postby Huntsprig » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:13 pm

spoonysmaker wrote: First off. Camo pattern is great. Matches my duck blind jacket to the t.


Thank goodness your gun won't clash with your jacket.
That would be so tacky. :biggrin:
Huntsprig
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Sacramento, Ca.

Re: tri star

Postby spoonysmaker » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Huntsprig wrote:
spoonysmaker wrote: First off. Camo pattern is great. Matches my duck blind jacket to the t.


Thank goodness your gun won't clash with your jacket.
That would be so tacky. :biggrin:


Wasn't the point. I've seen a lot of camo patterns on guns that looked nothing like the pattern on cloths. Just using that as an example.
User avatar
spoonysmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: livermore, ca


Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deltahunter and 22 guests