Duck Hunting Forum banner

tri star

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  spoonysmaker 
#1 ·
Anyone know anywhere in California where these are available? I'm looking into there magnum over/under in duck blind camo. Seems no dealers out here carry them tho? Any info would be much appreciated.

#8 ·
Nice to see your moving over to the 2 shot. You will find out at the refuges that 12 chances are better than 8 if you are a shooter. The Turks make a decent field gun and you should be able to treat it like a field gun. Do the research on after market chokes. I've heard the thread pitch can be a bit tight. Check on the gun if possible before you buy.

#9 ·
friedcoot said:
Nice to see your moving over to the 2 shot. You will find out at the refuges that 12 chances are better than 8 if you are a shooter. The Turks make a decent field gun and you should be able to treat it like a field gun. Do the research on after market chokes. I've heard the thread pitch can be a bit tight. Check on the gun if possible before you buy.
Thanks fried. I've been wanting one for awhile. Finally found something that should be able to put up with the marsh. I wasn't to enthused about wood stocks. And didn't have the coin to fork out 1800 for a synthetic cynergy. I put a deposit on it and it should be in within 5 days. I'll definitely take a look at it before doing the dros paperwork. I've done a little research and have heard that the carlson waterfowl chokes pattern good. I'll probably start with that and my trusty blue box federals. Might get lucky out of the gate. The sx3 will still get some use as the goose gun when going up north. It's nice when the big boys come in to set down one gun and pick up another that's ready for them! :hammer:

#11 ·
FMFdevildoc said:
LeakyW8ers said:
Guns Fishing and Other stuff carries them.
I used to call that place "Guns, fishing and highway robbery" - especially after the "blame Obama" and "Oh no Newtown Massacre" price gouge evolutions. It felt as if they raised their prices astronomically and kept them sky high.
Just throwing out that they carry Tri-Star guns.

Never said that it was worth actually buying anything from them. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
LeakyW8ers said:
FMFdevildoc said:
LeakyW8ers said:
Guns Fishing and Other stuff carries them.
I used to call that place "Guns, fishing and highway robbery" - especially after the "blame Obama" and "Oh no Newtown Massacre" price gouge evolutions. It felt as if they raised their prices astronomically and kept them sky high.
Just throwing out that they carry Tri-Star guns.

Never said that it was worth actually buying anything from them. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the input leaky. They didn't carry the model I was looking for anyways. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
I thought I'd post an update since there's not much as far as reviews out there. So far so good. First off. Camo pattern is great. Matches my duck blind jacket to the t. Gun shoulders great. Over and over again the bead is rite where I want it. This gun is gonna be fast.... on top of that it is very easy to follow through. I've heard some bad things about the chokes. Nothing wrong with the threads on this one at least. Two carlson aftermarket chokes screwed rite in.... I'll post again when I get to the range and get to pull the trigger this week. So far I am very pleased I chose this gun over a stoeger and Mossberg.

#15 ·
Huntsprig said:
spoonysmaker said:
First off. Camo pattern is great. Matches my duck blind jacket to the t.
Thank goodness your gun won't clash with your jacket.
That would be so tacky. :biggrin:
Wasn't the point. I've seen a lot of camo patterns on guns that looked nothing like the pattern on cloths. Just using that as an example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.