Snow Goose Decoys

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Snow Goose Decoys

Postby bandedbrant » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi guys and gals. It's been a while since I have been on the chat. I have some brand new snow goose decoys on 24 inch fiberglass stakes. They are perfect for field use or rice stubble this upcoming season and many seasons to come. The prices are $ 35 per dozen or $ 300 per 10 dozen. Please let me know if your interested or know anyone who would want any. PM me for any questions. Thanks guys. Good luck on your pre-season packing/preparing!
bandedbrant
hunter

Re: Snow Goose Decoys

Postby friedcoot » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Could you post a pic. and share some more info about size, manufacture, type of polymer, anything and everything, good and bad about those shells? The price seems really really reasonable and don't want to be a "doubting Thomas" but more info. would be great. Some might complain that your ad should be in a different location but at your asking price, this would probably be a perfect start for sales. Looking forward to the pics. Also, not that I would want to cheat, does that price include tax and free pick-up ? Thanks
friedcoot
hunter

Postby bandedbrant » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 am

My apologizes everyone. For some reason the pictures are not uploading. I will continue to try. If you would like, PM me and give me your phone number and I'll txt some pictures to you. Or email. Whatever's best. They are windsock type decoys. Also tax free but you will have to come pick them up in the Castro valley area or Livermore area. I can meet you depending on when and where. Hope this answers some questions. Let me know if you have any more.
bandedbrant
hunter

Postby DUKHNER » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 pm

PM sent x2.
DUKHNER
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:44 pm

DUKHNER wrote:PM sent x2.

Its on Craigs too. Just rags. guess you could call them technically decoys.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/4608698845.html
friedcoot
hunter

Postby bandedbrant » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Call them rags if you would like. They are wind sock decoys and mimic full body decoys. Go google rags and you'll see the difference between mine and those. We killed 200+ snows last season over a only windsock decoy setup for a group of 4 guys. Best decoys for snows because of weight and efficiency in setup. My brother and I can setup 40 dozen decoys in less than 1 hour. Any hunter knows snows only land in large flocks they feel comfortable in.
bandedbrant
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:00 pm

bandedbrant wrote:Call them rags if you would like. They are wind sock decoys and mimic full body decoys. Go google rags and you'll see the difference between mine and those. We killed 200+ snows last season over a only windsock decoy setup for a group of 4 guys. Best decoys for snows because of weight and efficiency in setup. My brother and I can setup 40 dozen decoys in less than 1 hour. Any hunter knows snows only land in large flocks they feel comfortable in.

Hey not trying to downplay the socks. Movement is a good thing. But, while your on the subject, how do you keep your socks clean? White socks and sticky valley field mud attract each other like over weight folks and walmart. Also, they are just rags if there is no wind.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby bandedbrant » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:56 am

The bottoms will get a littl dirty, that's to be expected. They also wash out with soap and warm water. I have a little method to keep them up when there's no wind. But with snows, you aren't killing them with no wind. I only hunt 10 mph+ days in the sac valley for snows. But when I do hunt them it's a massacre.
bandedbrant
hunter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 am

friedcoot wrote:
bandedbrant wrote:Call them rags if you would like. They are wind sock decoys and mimic full body decoys. Go google rags and you'll see the difference between mine and those. We killed 200+ snows last season over a only windsock decoy setup for a group of 4 guys. Best decoys for snows because of weight and efficiency in setup. My brother and I can setup 40 dozen decoys in less than 1 hour. Any hunter knows snows only land in large flocks they feel comfortable in.

Hey not trying to downplay the socks. Movement is a good thing. But, while your on the subject, how do you keep your socks clean? White socks and sticky valley field mud attract each other like over weight folks and walmart. Also, they are just rags if there is no wind.

Snows and Ross geese get dirty also in case you didn't know, so it's just realistic. :D
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
Bootlipkiller
hunter

Postby bandedbrant » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 am

One image is attached. I have a few more that I can post up if need be. Thanks again guys!
Attachments
image.jpg
bandedbrant
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:56 am

bandedbrant wrote:But with snows, you aren't killing them with no wind. But when I do hunt them it's a massacre.

Some of my best days were foggy with no wind. Certainly advantages and disadvantages to wind socks. One would be a fool not to put a few in the spread to get movement. Downside is they get dirty and breakdown fast if you leave them out. Upside is they are lightweight and great if your a mobile hunter not stuck to one blind. When the ground is frozen, fiberglass can snap and metal can bend. Thats all.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby JonD » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Yep even with the 1200 Sillosocks that we hunt over you still need a good wind or a good fog to really get into the snows. The snows definitely seem to be getting wise to the wind socks now though. Its pretty rare to get them to finish anymore if not flare off completely. Seems like a lot more people targeting the snows now that the limit has increased. A bunch of people leaving their 150 windsock spread out year round shooting at birds at 70 yards definitely seems to be giving the birds a master's degree in the art of not getting killed. DFW really needs to start allowing e-callers and shooting 30 minute after sunset to go along with the liberal limits.
JonD
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting