FREE HUNTING SPOTS: MANDAVILLE TIP

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: FREE HUNTING SPOTS: MANDAVILLE TIP

Postby marsh-mello » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 pm

delta85c wrote:Yep u must b a new hunter u take otherpeople's hard work an effort an use it for yourself most people with respect an real hunting ethics wouldn't hunt someone else's blind those guys that hunt those blinds will shoot at u or cut your blind down if you build 1 on top of them. Put your own work in kid

I'd say those with the possession of the hunting "ethics" to which you refer, would know and do better than disregarding the law and respect for everyone else's rights, by building or placing permanent or seasonally permanent blinds on public property. How is it "ethical" for someone to lay claim to public land and have an expectation for exclusive personal use? Ethics begin with following the law beyond that they are self imposed rules of conduct which elevate oneself above the minimum and can serve as an example of personal conduct to others, especially our children. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by marsh-mello on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby Jwaite » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 am

I have a floater in the delta and all I ever hope for is that it was cleaned after being used.

I believe that if you have a registered vessel that's being used as a floater than it cannot be legally boarded without the owners consent? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Jason
Jwaite
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 pm

I'll hunt your public blind hotel any day but I have a bad ass war eagle that is mighty comfy and gets in nice to some dope spots. Get real on the bull that someone can't jump in "your" blind if it is on public waterways(besides franks).

See you out there gents....
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Good luck messing with some of the permanent Delta blinds. There is a reason why many wardens don't even venture out in those waters to mess with some of those boys. Look at the last names of some of the families that shoot out there religiously and you will figure out why.

Just make sure you have a good life insurance policy in place before you decide to go on a rampage to make things right out there. It isn't like the refuges out there. Folks suddenly come up missing and no one ever knows what happened to them. Personally I choose to let those folks keep their residence in those blinds. They have invested much more into them then I have and I'm not looking to go on a personal suicide mission to prove that public land is for the public.

Consider yourselves warned..........
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby ducslayer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 pm

I have a floater in the delta and all I ever hope for is that it was cleaned after being used.

I believe that if you have a registered vessel that's being used as a floater than it cannot be legally boarded without the owners consent? Correct me if I'm wrong...

If you are talking about Sherman..... It can be hunted its first come first served at all the blinds! The people registering those blinds are made aware of that at registration.
ducslayer
hunter

Postby Brewdad » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Calikev wrote:Good luck messing with some of the permanent Delta blinds. There is a reason why many wardens don't even venture out in those waters to mess with some of those boys. Look at the last names of some of the families that shoot out there religiously and you will figure out why.

Just make sure you have a good life insurance policy in place before you decide to go on a rampage to make things right out there. It isn't like the refuges out there. Folks suddenly come up missing and no one ever knows what happened to them. Personally I choose to let those folks keep their residence in those blinds. They have invested much more into them then I have and I'm not looking to go on a personal suicide mission to prove that public land is for the public.

THATS RIGHT. Read it like it was written....... people are getting KILLED...... as in DEAD for hunting some of the delta permanent blinds. Safer to go into Iraq selling bibles right now..........

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Brewdad
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Calikev wrote:Good luck messing with some of the permanent Delta blinds. There is a reason why many wardens don't even venture out in those waters to mess with some of those boys. Look at the last names of some of the families that shoot out there religiously and you will figure out why.

Jesus really...this isn't the 20's or 30's and Al Capone doesn't hunt out there, so I don't think anyone is going to or has come up missing. So the law enforcement doesn't go out there because they are afraid Kevin? They might not go out there but there is another reason for that. I don't think it is good to go looking for a fight, however if anyone is acting like a bully to the point of threatening to hurt people or worse actually killing people, like Kevin almost swears is happening, then something should be done and would be done.

Thanks for the warning. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by marsh-mello on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charter member of the "I only shoot bar belly geese club". I'm a Bar belly goose purist!
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:09 pm

ducslayer wrote:I have a floater in the delta and all I ever hope for is that it was cleaned after being used.

If you are talking about Sherman..... It can be hunted its first come first served at all the blinds! The people registering those blinds are made aware of that at registration.

Sounds reasonable and that you are well informed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
marsh-mello
hunter

Postby Jwaite » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 pm

ducslayer wrote:I have a floater in the delta and all I ever hope for is that it was cleaned after being used.

I'm not in Sherman but as someone else has mentioned that's the first place I would avoid going to uninvited. I'm speaking for in ground and floaters, good luck. If you park a boat and walk in to a ground blind it won't be floating when you get back. I won't name names but it has happened more times than I can count.

Like I said go hunt my floater "pm" me during the season. JUST CLEAN UP WHEN YOUR DONE!

Jason
Jwaite
hunter

Postby shallowrunner » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:22 pm

I always find it funny when a person responds with a comment like "there are plenty of places to hunt and you shouldn't be lazy and hunt someone else's hard work". That's true. There are tons of spots to hunt. But there are relatively few of those spots that produce great hunts on a regular basis. In most cases, blinds don't get built for the view. And I would be willing to bet that in some cases these hard working blind builders sat off in the distance one morning and watched the show as a guy in a boat smacked them in the "their soon to be private hole". To build a blind in a hot hole is the definition of lazy. Do it right. Sleep in your boat if you want the spot.

And regarding the deaths out there. Not buying that.
shallowrunner
hunter

Postby mallard militia » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Can I get an amen!!!some one understands who the real hunters are!
mallard militia
hunter

Postby delta85c » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Ur a joke u go hunt a populated area an then hunt others blinds make ur own trust me me 1 more won't hurt theres already bout5_6 out there
delta85c
hunter

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:41 am

Good stuff on this thread!! The real hunters are those guys following the birds as they migrate down through the state. Good work and keep after the pursuit. For the guys slapping up hotels on public waters, shame on you!

I don't hunt that far norh on the delta, but I have seen the hotels. Its first come first serve. I ran into this problem in Colorado about ten years ago. I found an abandon ground blind on BLM. I sat in it for a bit, and a guy approached me later and said it was his. I told him to keep on moving. My cousin joined me a few minutes after. My cousin then shot a nice mule from that blind within the hour. There's a reason I went to check that side of the bowl. It looked dang good! Just because that guy piled up sticks in an area that is likely to hold game doesn't give him exclusive rights to the dirt/water.
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 am

Been jumpin' in blinds for about 5 years now. I'd like to see someone make me disappear. Not only am I strapped but one phone call and the boys (forget the 5-0) will be out in droves.

Great storytelling though. :clapping:
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Been jumpin' in blinds for about 5 years now. I'd like to see someone make me disappear. Not only am I strapped but one phone call and the boys (forget the 5-0) will be out in droves.
Aren't we all strapped Einstein? As far as people getting killed, I have heard stories, is it true? Probably not but I have witnessed personally people messing with blinds in Sherman and getting their a$$es beat at the ramp, I used to hunt out there a lot, I put my time in and scouted, created my own ponds to hunt only to have my blinds tore down,burnt down and even a floater stolen and reclaimed. I'm done with the bull, I have a nice duck boat now and hunt wherever whenever and it's better that way I don't enjoy putting 1500 into a floater only to have it ripped off.
Take a kid hunting, the memories will last a lifetime.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 pm

duxnbass wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

Aren't we all strapped Einstein? As far as people getting killed, I have heard stories, is it true? Probably not but I have witnessed personally people messing with blinds in Sherman and getting their a$$es beat at the ramp, I used to hunt out there a lot, I put my time in and scouted, created my own ponds to hunt only to have my blinds tore down,burnt down and even a floater stolen and reclaimed. I'm done with the bull, I have a nice duck boat now and hunt wherever whenever and it's better that way I don't enjoy putting 1500 into a floater only to have it ripped off.

You left a 1500 Dollar floating blind on public land. :fingerhead: :fingerpt:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby mallard militia » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:43 pm

delta85c your the joke man :lol3: hahaha listen to these other boys sayin they hunt them blinds too. the lazy ones are those lumpy bastards puttin up a double tree on the delta.
mallard militia
hunter

Postby delta85c » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:53 pm

I wish u the best hunting those blinds I know the owners ive been shot at by the owners all I can say Igood lluck ur an idiot if u hunt out there in someone else's blind u wont see me out there for only a widgeon or sprig ill stick to my spots. U are still a jack ass for going online with this and you need to be taught some respect an ethics
delta85c
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
duxnbass wrote:
RefugeRat4Life wrote:

You left a 1500 Dollar floating blind on public land. :fingerhead: :fingerpt:

Nope, I built a nice blind to my liking and staked it on public water, back in the day(over 20 years ago) I used to hunt Sherman 5 days a week and since I like stuff my way I built a nice blind and put it in a spot that I made that was solid tules, I worked hard to make a spot instead of poaching someone's else's stuff, only issue is when people find out where it is it's toast, I was young and hungry and I worked hard to kill birds eventually I got tired of the 99% of idiots that hunt public land and have no respect for others or ethics! just because you buy a duck call and blow till your blue in the face regardless of how the birds react to it does not make you a duck hunter it makes you an idiot! same as scrapin and crippling birds that are way out of range! nope in learned the hard way by putting hard time in to get results! I still hunt a lot of public land except now I don't build blinds I have a nice boat and 9 times out of ten I'm in and out and no one knows I'm there, I don't blow calls for no reason I rarely shoot more than 30 yards and I scout more than I hunt, silent stealthy and ethical, no more running for one when I can tip toe and get em all. :thumbsup:

And yeah even 20 years ago you could easily dump 1500 into a nice floater, easily.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 am

lol @ the boat ramp beatdown. I'll be anyone's huckleberry on that note. Don't shy away from a good release of tension and stress from the daily grind. Normally I would like to take it out on the ducks but if somebody wants some, I will gladly give it to em. :hammer:
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby Brewdad » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:59 am

This thread is so full of awesome, plus it gives me a lot of awesome sounding spots to check out this year now that there is no water up north.

Thanks also for the Pm's on these ones guys, can't wait to try out some of these blinds I had no idea about. Gonna be a busy year with all these new spots.
Brewdad
hunter

Postby berdnird » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:43 pm

The original poster fooled all of you guys. I would guess that he got burned by some of his buddies, and now he wants to post on a bunch of websites to get as many people as possible to hunt his buddies (ex-friends) spots.
berdnird
hunter

Postby duxnbass » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 pm

berdnird wrote:The original poster fooled all of you guys. I would guess that he got burned by some of his buddies, and now he wants to post on a bunch of websites to get as many people as possible to hunt his buddies (ex-friends) spots.

I believe you are correct on this one, funny how the public stuff works, the delta has a FEW good spots but very few of those are worth any of the grade school drama your seeing here, been hunting it all my life and 9 times out of 10 I'd rather hunt somewhere else just because of the trailer park mentality that comes with it. When I do it's stealthy I don't shoot no more than I have to and usually I've been watching it for a while before I hunt it, the river will give up a few mallards here and there an occasional limit if you happen upon a flight and a few geese if you feel like scraping with the masses but not really traditional hunting.
duxnbass
hunter

Postby Calikev » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm

marsh-mello wrote:

Jesus really...this isn't the 20's or 30's and Al Capone doesn't hunt out there, so I don't think anyone is going to or has come up missing. So the law enforcement doesn't go out there because they are afraid Kevin? They might not go out there but there is another reason for that. I don't think it is good to go looking for a fight, however if anyone is acting like a bully to the point of threatening to hurt people or worse actually killing people, like Kevin almost swears is happening, then something should be done and would be done.

Thanks for the warning. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't mess with those boys out there that's for sure. Lots of good duck hunting spots out there that have blinds but too much of a battle out there to get to hunt them.

That was the last place that Hoffa was spotted from what I hear..........
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby marsh-mello » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Calikev wrote:That was the last place that Hoffa was spotted from what I hear..........

Kapish, Paisano.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
marsh-mello
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting