just curious

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

just curious

Postby delta85c » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:04 am

I was wondering how many people are going to give up hunting the refuges do to the lack of water an go hunt the delta
delta85c
hunter
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 am


Re: just curious

Postby 3200 man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:14 am

Why Not ? That's where the birds will be !

Just be safe and there's no shell limit so , with the chance of limits of both Ducks and Geese while fishing , it does
sound like a better outing for the money spent ? :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: just curious

Postby sharks » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:31 am

I feel like the refuges will be a mess with so many more people going there after leaving there clubs with no water. Delta hunting I imagine would be extremely tough to just start doing. With the needed equipment, knowledge of places to go, safety concerns are huge, and all.
User avatar
sharks
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 pm
Location: S.F. Bay Area

Postby delta85c » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 am

I sure hope no 1 gets hurt the delta is a beast at times an not to mention sum of the hunters are crazy years ago I got shot at out at mMandeville
delta85c
hunter
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 am

Re: just curious

Postby lt1chevelle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:57 am

If that's the case I hope ppl get some education on how to operate a boat and be safe about it. To many ppl already on the delta now due to the lack of water in the lakes and majority of them need a 101 class in boater education....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lt1chevelle
hunter
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: livermore,ca -NOR CAL-

Re: just curious

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:20 am

Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: just curious

Postby friedcoot » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:42 am

Same game just different odds. Hunters will still flip out their plastic money and place their bets. The house wins no matter how many numbers you draw.
User avatar
friedcoot
hunter
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Behind a laptop

Re: just curious

Postby delta85c » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 pm

I would think boat sales would go up in northern California
delta85c
hunter
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 am

Re: just curious

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
User avatar
Bootlipkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am
Location: you stay classy Sutter County. Im Ron Burgandy???

Re: just curious

Postby lt1chevelle » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:36 am

Yea my old man put in for mobility blinds and seen 2 all year outta all he applied for.. Not a guaranteed spot for sure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lt1chevelle
hunter
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: livermore,ca -NOR CAL-

Re: just curious

Postby 3200 man » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 am

With the Delta having an endless amount of (Out of the Way ) places to hunt and fish you can't go wrong as a first choice !
Spending a little time scouting with your glasses (bino's) at different drive-in spots could save you time but once the shooting
starts birds will be everywhere so , load-up and go , even if it's on the bank across from a Island !

Fishing with your shotgun by your side is Fun ! :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: just curious

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:12 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha


There will be spots. I am not worried about that. Unless it's a draw to ldc most don't even show up. They may not be the best shooting spots but it will be a day in the marsh with my dad and dog. Birds will be a bonus and it will sure beat sitting in the parking lot.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: just curious

Postby WackNstack530 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:00 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.
User avatar
WackNstack530
hunter
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: just curious

Postby friedcoot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:02 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote: Birds will be a bonus and it will sure beat sitting in the parking lot.


What happened to that hot butte stink blind you were getting?
User avatar
friedcoot
hunter
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 am
Location: Behind a laptop

Re: just curious

Postby 3200 man » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:58 am

Most refuge levy shooters are MI anyhow so why not join them ?

The Delta offers plenty of opportunities to prefect your craft ! :yes:
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: just curious

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:03 pm

WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.


Say the man from the gate.
I have yet to see a day when I was at the refuge that all the MI draws and lotto showed up.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: just curious

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:04 pm

friedcoot wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote: Birds will be a bonus and it will sure beat sitting in the parking lot.


What happened to that hot butte stink blind you were getting?


Dry goose field.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: just curious

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.


Say the man from the gate.
I have yet to see a day when I was at the refuge that all the MI draws and lotto showed up.


I didn't say it's impossible just far from a sure thing most days. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the waist down and he gets turned away often. Kinda sad when he gets turned away because someone who is perfectly capable of hunting free roam wants to take advantage of the system.
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
User avatar
Bootlipkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am
Location: you stay classy Sutter County. Im Ron Burgandy???

Re: just curious

Postby WackNstack530 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.


Say the man from the gate.
I have yet to see a day when I was at the refuge that all the MI draws and lotto showed up.


I didn't say it's impossible just far from a sure thing most days. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the waist down and he gets turned away often. Kinda sad when he gets turned away because someone who is perfectly capable of hunting free roam wants to take advantage of the system.

Can't judge a book by its cover. If they have the legal documentation to prove they are MI, ie vehicle registration, then they have just as much of the right to hunt MI blinds as any other MI person. REGARDLESS of their impairment. Checkstation attendants can't tell a MI hunter they can't go to a MI blind because they look like they are capable of going free roam.
User avatar
WackNstack530
hunter
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: just curious

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:25 pm

WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.


Say the man from the gate.
I have yet to see a day when I was at the refuge that all the MI draws and lotto showed up.


I didn't say it's impossible just far from a sure thing most days. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the waist down and he gets turned away often. Kinda sad when he gets turned away because someone who is perfectly capable of hunting free roam wants to take advantage of the system.

Can't judge a book by its cover. If they have the legal documentation to prove they are MI, ie vehicle registration, then they have just as much of the right to hunt MI blinds as any other MI person. REGARDLESS of their impairment. Checkstation attendants can't tell a MI hunter they can't go to a MI blind because they look like they are capable of going free roam.


Check station attendants shouldn't have to. People should respect the fact some people can't enjoy the sport without the use of a MI blind.
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
User avatar
Bootlipkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am
Location: you stay classy Sutter County. Im Ron Burgandy???

Re: just curious

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.


Say the man from the gate.
I have yet to see a day when I was at the refuge that all the MI draws and lotto showed up.


I didn't say it's impossible just far from a sure thing most days. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the waist down and he gets turned away often. Kinda sad when he gets turned away because someone who is perfectly capable of hunting free roam wants to take advantage of the system.

Can't judge a book by its cover. If they have the legal documentation to prove they are MI, ie vehicle registration, then they have just as much of the right to hunt MI blinds as any other MI person. REGARDLESS of their impairment. Checkstation attendants can't tell a MI hunter they can't go to a MI blind because they look like they are capable of going free roam.


Check station attendants shouldn't have to. People should respect the fact some people can't enjoy the sport without the use of a MI blind.


Who are you to determine who is a MI and who is not. My buddy that I will be taking out this year earned his in Iraq but you wouldn't never know he was MI. He is in better shape and mobility than me...
And he does it on a prosthetic leg but you would never be able to tell under his wadders. I guess if he is not in a wheel chair he does not qualify.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
User avatar
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: just curious

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:40 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
WackNstack530 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:Or hunt the refuges on hunt days and hit the delta on the off days. Dad got his mobility impared this year :biggrin: . They may not be the best blinds but i will always have a place to hunt the refuges.
Then the boat will come out for the mon, tue, Thursday shoots.


:lol: you think the mobility blinds are an easy draw? Bwahahahahaha

You'd be surprised how many of the MI ressies don't show up. I've seen days where 0 ressies show, and only only a couple MI lotto get on and the rest of the MI blinds sit vacant.


Say the man from the gate.
I have yet to see a day when I was at the refuge that all the MI draws and lotto showed up.


I didn't say it's impossible just far from a sure thing most days. I have a good friend who is paralyzed from the waist down and he gets turned away often. Kinda sad when he gets turned away because someone who is perfectly capable of hunting free roam wants to take advantage of the system.

Can't judge a book by its cover. If they have the legal documentation to prove they are MI, ie vehicle registration, then they have just as much of the right to hunt MI blinds as any other MI person. REGARDLESS of their impairment. Checkstation attendants can't tell a MI hunter they can't go to a MI blind because they look like they are capable of going free roam.


Check station attendants shouldn't have to. People should respect the fact some people can't enjoy the sport without the use of a MI blind.


Who are you to determine who is a MI and who is not. My buddy that I will be taking out this year earned his in Iraq but you wouldn't never know he was MI. He is in better shape and mobility than me...
And he does it on a prosthetic leg but you would never be able to tell under his wadders. I guess if he is not in a wheel chair he does not qualify.


I think your missing my point. I would imagine it would be very difficult for him with a prosthetic leg to be running around in a muddy pond and fighting off people trying to crowed on him. It's not "if someone looks disabled" and I never said that! I'm talking about people who are meeting the "requirements" but are just as able as you and I to hunt the nastiest spots in free roam but because it's easier and they got some doc to say they are ..% disabled they hunt the mobility blind and take a spot someone who might not be able to hunt otherwise could have used. If you think that's not happening you're naive. It's not for anyone else to determine it's just a moral issue.
join the Coot Crusaders!!!
User avatar
Bootlipkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 am
Location: you stay classy Sutter County. Im Ron Burgandy???


Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests