Dry field goose hunts

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Dry field goose hunts

Postby SmackinTheQuackin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi guys,

Its been a couple months since signing on here, I hope everybody is doing well and getting ready for the season. I started my own guide service and im trying to get the word out and hit the ground running this season. I will be offering dry field goose hunts on a very nice piece of property just a little northeast or Willows CA. The focus is taking out smaller groups compared to some of the other guide services out there, and having a good time and putting people on the birds. Cost is $200 a gun. Please email me or call to book a hunt or to ask any questions. I will aslo be at the calling competition in colusa the weekend of the 8/23 and 8/24 at the "Sutter Basin Duck Calls" booth, so if you are up there please stop by. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I am looking forward to meeting some of you and hopefully putting some of you on birds. Check out the facebook page to and give it a like please. Facebook.com/ripnrunoutfitters

Thank you,
Bobby B.
925 708 6487
Ripnrunoutfitters@gmail.com
Last edited by SmackinTheQuackin on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUNT TO HUNT ANOTHER DAY

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER

"hold my beer...watch this"
SmackinTheQuackin
hunter

Re: Dry field goose hunts

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:08 pm

How many properties do you get to hunt on.
Do you have a website.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby SmackinTheQuackin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:54 pm

Currently I just have one property. 150 acres of rice split up into 13 fields. No i dont have a website, but i am working on it. I do currently have a facebook page. Facebook.com/ripnrunoutfitters
HUNT TO HUNT ANOTHER DAY

SmackinTheQuackin
hunter

Postby 7mllrds » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 pm

10+ acre fields?? :no:
7mllrds
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:30 pm

7mllrds wrote:10+ acre fields?? :no:

You figured that out to. So if the birds are not with in the 150 acres I get my money back. I want a guide that can get onto numerous amounts of proprieties and be where the birds want to be.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:
7mllrds wrote:10+ acre fields?? :no:

You figured that out to. So if the birds are not with in the 150 acres I get my money back. I want a guide that can get onto numerous amounts of proprieties and be where the birds want to be.

:clapping:
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby FowlChase » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Hunting/Fishing guides are under more pressure now than they ever have been. Most paying clients these days expect guaranteed success. What some people have lost track of is that hunting ducks,geese,hogs,deer,elk ,salmon,etc, guided or d.i.y., hasn't changed in years. There are no guarantees. If you haven't excepted that by now then your in it for all the wrong reasons. What most guys don't understand is that a guided hunt is a chance to hunt private and,or public land, no matter how big or small,with an experienced hunter that knows the area, how to hunt it, and wants to share his opportunity with others.
Scout hard and daily my friend and be carefull booking hunters too far in advance. Good luck with your new guide service. :thumbsup:
FowlChase
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:07 pm

FowlChase wrote:Hunting/Fishing guides are under more pressure now than they ever have been. Most paying clients these days expect guaranteed success. What some people have lost track of is that hunting ducks,geese,hogs,deer,elk ,salmon,etc, guided or d.i.y., hasn't changed in years. There are no guarantees. If you haven't excepted that by now then your in it for all the wrong reasons. What most guys don't understand is that a guided hunt is a chance to hunt private and,or public land, no matter how big or small,with an experienced hunter that knows the area, how to hunt it, and wants to share his opportunity with others.
Scout hard and daily my friend and be carefull booking hunters too far in advance. Good luck with your new guide service. :thumbsup:

While I agree with you FowlChase, 250 bucks a gun to hunt dry fields of only 150 acres from a new guide service seems a bit silly. Its like an apprentice taxi asking full prices of that of birdman studios. Not saying he is not a good guide but with clubs losing water, i think the ratio of dry field goose hunting will be 10 fold then of the past few years. I know a club that just spent 6K in goose decoys because they have no water and want to hunt something.
I do hope it works out but for goose hunting, you need more acres :hammer: if you expect to scout anything.
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby FowlChase » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Agreed. 250.00 a day is a little steep for your first go. I charge hunters 200 a day. Now I'm not trying to under cut the full time guides out there. Im just a part timer. Thats just a fair price too cover my time off work, gas money and some extra dough too help get my two girls through college. My hunts includes: hunting from sun up too sun down if needed, and if my hunters are up for it. Transportation to the Hunt site, ground blind and a Super breakfast burrito that my wife makes, guaranteed to stick too your ribs and wont make u fart...O.k..That last part was'nt true. You bring your own lunch and clean your own birds. It's the lack of acreage I agree and disagree with. I hunt some pretty small chunks of land. I hunt big property too. I took rite at about 100 honkers off of an 80 acre pasture last year. My youngest shot her first muley buck out of that same pasture last year as well. I took 100 plus specks off of a 180 acre field last year too. I'm fortunate enough to hunt mostly non-pressured areas and only book hunts when the birds are using these areas. In your case, setting up shop in a heavily hunted area like n.e. Willows, Can be a crap shoot. I know that location is key, but that key location can leave you hi and dry over nite. As much as those sac birds change fields, daily, I agree, unless you got your game on, like Blake's does, you mite want too lock down some more property.
FowlChase
hunter

Postby SmackinTheQuackin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Thank you everybody for the feedback. All of the posts are appreciated and have given room for much thought. $200 a gun $150 for jr's
HUNT TO HUNT ANOTHER DAY

SmackinTheQuackin
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting