Stolen stuff from cabelas

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Stolen stuff from cabelas

Postby mendotakiller » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:18 pm

So I orderd some stuff off cableas and it was supposed to be at my door by the end of the day on friday. I get home and nothing was there. I have a feeling someone stole it because we have a bunch of people here picking grapes. So my question is has anybody ever had this happen? And do you think cableas would cover it? Or am I crap outa luck? Im going to wait another day to see if ups just didnt make it out here but I doubt it
mendotakiller
hunter

Re: Stolen stuff from cabelas

Postby friedcoot » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:42 pm

mendotakiller wrote: I have a feeling someone stole it because we have a bunch of people here picking grapes.

Really? So if I'm a field worker, I'm probably a thief? :fingerhead:
friedcoot
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Well who else would come out to the middle of no where to come check the front door. They were working around yard these last few days....sooo im just guessing one of em stole it. But maybe not we'll see
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby dukgtr187 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:08 pm

try calling ups. i had to do that for 15 doz windsocks i ordered and they said they sent them back but the were just sitting at the office
dukgtr187
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Yea im gunna call em on tuesday if I dont get it on monday. But I have a feeling im out 300 bucks :/
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby JonD » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Do you have the tracking number? Cabelas usually sends you an email with a link to track your package. Track the package and see if it had been delivered. If it was stolen then ups is liable for that.
JonD
hunter

Postby Tommyo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:30 pm

if the order is delivered and lost/stolen - Cabela's will make good on it in my experience. Results may vary based on the shipping method, etc.
Find a way when there is no way.
Tommyo
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm

this kinda s :censored: t is running ramped in the not so greater LA CALI area. freekn low lifes :fingerhead:
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:57 pm

We'll does the tracking number say it was delivered already.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:49 am

Check with your neighbors. It may have been mis-delivered. Just had FedEx do that to a package that I was having delivered to my inlaws since there is someone home all day, and the driver left the box at another house on the same street. Supposed to deliver to 1593, was delivered to 1583. The box had the correct address on it in 3 places.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:24 pm

All is good. Just got my stuff this morning :) I was pretty worried!!!
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Good for you ! It's always a bitch to be so excited for new gear and the seasons to open , we sometimes lose our minds !

When you find out how to over-come this , let me know ? I still have bouts with it after 55 yrs of hunting ! :yes:

Be Happy and shoot Straight ... :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter

Postby berdnird » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 pm

You should probably rough up a few of the farm workers just to make fried happy :hi:
berdnird
hunter

Postby mendotakiller » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Yea I was pretty freakin happy to hear that it came today....but it said that it was delevierd on friday? Oh well....1 case of herters 1 1/8 of 7 1/2, One case of kent 3 1/2 #2's, 3 boxes of 00 bucks shot and 2 decoy bags for 315 bucks. I think thats not to bad :) And as far as the farm workers....hopefully they know I stocked up on buckshot....that should keep there pesky little hands outa the shop at night ;)
mendotakiller
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 pm

berdnird wrote:You should probably rough up a few of the farm workers just to make fried happy :hi:

Hell yes. Hop on a plane and help those folks getting looted in the midwest. Better yet, do a drive by on those damn grape pickers with your buck shot loads. You know they are just working those fields to rip you off. As long as they are facing you and have a harvest knife in their hand or driving a picking machine, you can say they tried to attack you and steal your shoes.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby dukgtr187 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 pm

friedcoot wrote:
berdnird wrote:You should probably rough up a few of the farm workers just to make fried happy :hi:

Hell yes. Hop on a plane and help those folks getting looted in the midwest. Better yet, do a drive by on those damn grape pickers with your buck shot loads. You know they are just working those fields to rip you off. As long as they are facing you and have a harvest knife in their hand or driving a picking machine, you can say they tried to attack you and steal your shoes.

Dont forget to shout " LOOK OUT THERE COMIN RIGHT FOR US"
dukgtr187
hunter

Postby PaulyQuackers » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm

If you go to https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/register?appid=sso&sysid=myups&returnto=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ups.com%2FmyWorkspace%2Fhome%3Floc%3Den_US%26WT.svl%3DPriNav
and register for a UPS account, they will send you an email with the details and delivery confirmation every time you have a package being delivered to your address. Even if it's a gift, I'll know if something from UPS is sitting at my door step the moment it arrives. The day before they will tell you almost exactly when it is or isn't going to be there, and Cabelas uses UPS.

If it makes you feel any better, my family sent us Christmas presents that we never got, and it was supposedly quite a bit of money worth of stuff. I don't know if someone took it or what really happened, but I'm pretty sure mail will always involve some risk.
PaulyQuackers
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting