First official post

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: duckman2000, OGblackcloud, spoonysmaker

First official post

Postby Brenttos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

How's it going everyone, I've scrolled and read some topics since about November but just finally decided to make an account. Little about me, located in Bakersfield have been hunting for about 9 years and have gotten really into waterfowl the last 2 seasons. The majority of my hunting have been either as a guest in my uncles club or at Kern wildlife refuge. I do have a "duck dog", black lab named fender who has his senior hunt test title and we're going to go for his master soon. This upcoming season I plan on trying to hunt more up north whether it be in los banos or even further up in the bay/Sacramento area. Look forward to learning more from you experienced guys as you tell your daily hunt stories or just some extra tips!
Brenttos
Newb

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: First official post

Postby hunterbr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Brenttos wrote:How's it going everyone, I've scrolled and read some topics since about November but just finally decided to make an account. Little about me, located in Bakersfield have been hunting for about 9 years and have gotten really into waterfowl the last 2 seasons. The majority of my hunting have been either as a guest in my uncles club or at Kern wildlife refuge. I do have a "duck dog", black lab named fender who has his senior hunt test title and we're going to go for his master soon. This upcoming season I plan on trying to hunt more up north whether it be in los banos or even further up in the bay/Sacramento area. Look forward to learning more from you experienced guys as you tell your daily hunt stories or just some extra tips!

Welcome Brenttos. I won't be able to offer much advice as I am somewhat new also, only been hunting waterfowl for 4 seasons. I am from Hanford and mainly hunt Mendota.

I want to try and get a blind at Kern next year, just to see what it's like.

Good to have you on the forum!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
hunterbr
hunter

Postby Brenttos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 pm

hunterbr wrote:
Brenttos wrote:How's it going everyone, I've scrolled and read some topics since about November but just finally decided to make an account. Little about me, located in Bakersfield have been hunting for about 9 years and have gotten really into waterfowl the last 2 seasons. The majority of my hunting have been either as a guest in my uncles club or at Kern wildlife refuge. I do have a "duck dog", black lab named fender who has his senior hunt test title and we're going to go for his master soon. This upcoming season I plan on trying to hunt more up north whether it be in los banos or even further up in the bay/Sacramento area. Look forward to learning more from you experienced guys as you tell your daily hunt stories or just some extra tips!

Welcome Brenttos. I won't be able to offer much advice as I am somewhat new also, only been hunting waterfowl for 4 seasons. I am from Hanford and mainly hunt Mendota.

I appreciate it, I'm wanting to try my luck at mendota as well. I've watched some videos of people hunting there as well as reading some topics about how huge it is. It definitely has my interest peaked, I've just read how huge it is and coming up with a game plan to be successful definitely sounds like it has its challenges.
Brenttos
Newb

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

:welcome:
OGblackcloud
State Moderator

Postby Brenttos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:02 pm

OGblackcloud wrote::welcome:

:hi: thank you!
Brenttos
Newb

Postby hunterbr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Brenttos wrote:
hunterbr wrote:

I appreciate it, I'm wanting to try my luck at mendota as well. I've watched some videos of people hunting there as well as reading some topics about how huge it is. It definitely has my interest peaked, I've just read how huge it is and coming up with a game plan to be successful definitely sounds like it has its challenges.

It is massive, but still can be hard to find a secluded spot at times. Toward the end of the season it gets reeeaall busy in the mornings. It's a great place though.

hunterbr
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:42 am

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby DuckFan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Welcome. Glad you decided to join in.

Kern hold a special place in my heart. As you venture out this coming season to the grasslands etc, you should have a great time. Lots of places to explore.
Proud Life Member - CWA
Member - Delta Waterfowl
Member - Ducks Unlimited
DuckFan
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting